Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ah Yes! It's Good To Be Home!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +12

Here is my menu - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: Coffee with Half and Half and a Banana
MidMorning Snack: Apple
Lunch: 3 egg omelet with swiss cheese in butter
MidAfternoon Snack: Cottage Cheese and a fresh peach
Dinner: London Broil with horseradish and mayo dipping sauce, Large spring mix salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and mushrooms with homemade balsamic vinegar/evoo dressing - oh yeah, I had some wine too!!!

A total of 1800 cals divided: 91 fat grams (45%), 110 carb grams (22%), 107 protein grams (25%), and 19 grams of alcohol (7%)

Ah Yes! It's Good To Be Home!

Ok, technically, I have been home since Friday afternoon, but I am sure you can imagine it's taken me this long to get back into the swing of things at home. Seriously, there was so much to do to get caught up I haven't had two minutes to rub together to get to my blog. But today marks the day of the start of my routines again.

Ah yes, routines! The backbone of my life. What I live and breathe for. Ok, I know, I crack myself up.

LIW

Sunday, March 16 was the last time I weighed myself in California. I started getting things ready then, which included packing up my scale. That day I weighed 170.4 - I pretty much stayed around that weight the entire time I was in California.

Saturday, March 22 was the next time I weighed myself, here at my home and when I got on the scale, I about FREAKED. It had gone up to 178 - in just 6 days. Ok, so I calmed myself down and chalked it up to traveling and the dang KFC I ate on Thursday night in honor of my daughter who was such a trooper on the plane ride home I would get her anything she wanted. Some very kind soul out there reminded me of my own words "do you know that a gallon of water weighs 8 pounds?" (Thanks Regina)

Not only was that 16 lbs above my LIW of round 4, but that was 2.6 above LIW from my round 3!!! When I told this to JPS, she laughed, and then said, where is it? I don't see it? You look the same as when you left??? And I am like, I don't know? Clothes still are fitting the same. I felt bloated, but seriously, 16 lbs worth? NOT!

Anyhoo, I wasn't gonna worry about it ya know? It's nothing but a thing and these were extenuating circumstances, and I knew that once I got back into my 'routine' things would find their way back to normal.

There is a lot to be said about stress = cortisol = weight gain. My trip was stressful. Not a bad stress, but a very busy stress. Life in California is totally on a faster pace then here in South Carolina, and quite frankly, I am too old for that lifestyle anymore. I would rather live out my life with rocking chairs on wrap around porches, sipping iced tea. Oh yeah, the southern life!

I digress.

So, Saturday I was 16 lbs over LIW - Today I am 12 - something to be said about being home and doing things right. I am seriously enjoying my fresh, raw foods again. Sure I enjoyed eating things in Cali that I can't get here, but now it's time to focus on being healthy and eating right.

THANKS TO ALL

I cannot express the thanks I have for each of you, my readers. I really let the ball drop while I was in Cali, yet I come back and look at my stats, and you folks have been so loyal to continue visiting me even when I didn't post. Wow, that gives me warm fuzzies. Give me a few days to get back into the swing and I will be a posting maniac. As you can imagine, I have TONS of things to say!

A blanket THANK YOU to all my commenter's as well! I will get back to replying to each and everyone of you starting tomorrow!

Until then, peeps! Have a good one!!!

8 Comments:

maryg911 said...

Oh how I've missed my Miz Biz!!! Glad you had a great time and I'm even more glad that you're back!!

EweWho said...

We are so happy to have you back where we can keep an eye on you!

That weight is falling off and you'll be at LIW in no time.

smacmo said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!! And don't worry! You are back where you belong...LOL so the weight will come off. I really do want to compare notes...

Free me from Fat Jail said...

Welcome back, Kotter. lol. Hey with a couple steak days and protien days you will be right back at LIW. I gained 18 while in Jamaica and am about 3 over as of this morning. I will work a steak day to get closer before I do my final round. See you on the other side of LIW.

Becca said...

Okay! Now life can get back to normal for all of us! LOL!
The bloggers have all been missing your posts.
I can't blame you for being a little "concerned" about the gain, but you have it all planned out and we all know that you'll be just fine in no time.
I've still got my house guests so I will still be eating on their schedule for another week, but I'm going to try to steer them towards healthy choices. And we'll have steak for dinner tonight!
Welcome back girl. I surely did miss you!

MiStoGirly said...

Glad that you are home lady!!!

trysomethingnew12 said...

Hey!
Thanks for stopping by! I have been reading your blog as well. Where in SC are you from?? I'm a USC Gamecock!!!

Liz said...

Hey Biz!
It is GREAT to "hear" your voice! LOL. I know I have missed you for sure! Well... hate to say this,because it just goes to show me how competetive I tend to be.... but your +12 makes me feel a little better about my +5..... That is soooo aweful! Baaaad Liz!!!! But I am sure that you will drop back down quickly.... cuz you're the champ for sure! :)
So tell me.... I was re-reading Dr S's manuscript and he talked about doing a "steak" day quickly I beive within 48 hours of a over 2 pound gain.... well do steak days still work if you are over that time frame? Or should I even worry about it if I have TOM going on? I just really want to get back down to LIW or lower quickly. Any tips are TRULY appreciated!
Oh yea, I agree with you Biz.... sitting on a porch drinking Iced Tea sounds so much nicer than an LA freeway! ROFL

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online