Friday, March 14, 2008

Geesh! What a Day Yesterday!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

 

Ok, so we left the house at 9:30am yesterday and spent the ENTIRE day out of the house, I didn't get home until almost 8:30pm - that is way too long to be out of the house.  I am getting to be WAY too old for this stuff!

 

My sister had a check up appointment yesterday with her eyes and it went very well!  The pressure in her eyes, which she is always worried about (pressure means diseased eyes) is down to normal numbers, 13 in one eye, 15 in the other.  The doctor was very optomistic that her vision now will be correctable with glasses.  He said if she finds the glasses don't work for her, that she would be able to wear contacts!  She was flippin!  And then, he said, if she didn't like the contacts, that there are two more options.  Lasik (sp?) surgery or implanting another lens in the eye that is too near sighted!  HOW ABOUT THAT???  My sister will be able to see again with corrective lenses! 

 

THE FUCHS DYSTROPHY IS GONE!!!

 

Oh yeah, needless to say, the day ended on a high note for her.  We were waiting for this appointment for her.  So basically, his job is done, except for one more check up for the stitches.  He was responsible for getting rid of the disease "FUCHS" and it is gone!!!  Now it's up to the optomistrist to correct her vision.  Oh my, my visit here was worth it to see that happen.  I actually got to sit in the doctor's office with her while he was checking her out.  I saw him remove a stitch from one of her eyes, and I was like, dude, whatever possessed you to want to work on peoples eyes.  I was like, did you just wake up one day and say this was your life's calling???  HA!  He laughed!  OMG!  LOL  Yes, I am that way with everyone!

 

So we went shopping for some things for my mom.  She has a hard time getting around in Hawaii so she likes to get alot of little stuff done when one of us is with her.  For lunch?  We ate THAI FOOD!  OMG!  Best in the world, I had Citrus Chicken, Hot and Sour Soup, Thai Fried Rice, Papaya Salad, Spicy Chicken Wings and Thai Beef Salad - and to top it off, I had THAI SWEET TEA!  And guess what?  Still 170 today.  What is up with that?  I ate like a stuffed pig yesterday!

 

Oh well, time for me to go - first tho - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

 

Becca - You know this will disappear as soon as the company does!  What is it about being around friends and family!  Oh yeah, eating is FUN!  LOL - what do you think about the happenings with my sister now!  I told my sister she is gonna have to get in touch with your friend.  Wouldn't that be a hoot!

 

Mary - what are you talking about?  You need to straighten ME out silly!  LOL - I can't wait to get home!!!

 

B - Good for you my sweet!  Stable is everything eh?

 

Liz - Your first break!  Don't do what I am doing now, do it right ok???  My first break was STELLAR and went very well!  Do it well, you will thank yourself for it!  I love the new picture!

 

Lili - Good morning my friend.  I was talking about Dulce De Leche yesterday to my sister and I thought of you!  ROFL - yes, the first week of April!  Me and JPS always like to have a weekend to 'load' and then start on a Monday - easier for us both that way, so it may be the 7th, we shall see.  Will know better when we get home.  Missing you sweetie!

 

Biz

 

7 Comments:

maryg911 said...

Mmmmm, everything sounded deelish again!!!

That's great about your sister!!!

I can't wait for you to get home too!!!

Luv Ya, Take Care!!

applebottomblues said...

Oh that is so fantastic! I'm so happy things are looking good for your sister.

You're meal yesterday looked really good. You are having such an eating adventure, but I can understand about wanting to get back to fresh foods.

Have fun and take care of you!

EweWho said...

I'll be glad when you get home so we can get on a regular schedule. HA!

Love the news about sis. That is great!

Liz said...

Biz, I am so happy for your sister! That is GREAT! Wow, that must be such an emotional thing for her! It is great that you can be there! I made it past my stall. I am SOOOOOO happy about that!
The new pic.... yea, I found that and thought, I want that body! LOL Of course, that body is probably 20 years younger than mine! LOL But what the hey..... what are dreams for>

Becca said...

Biz, That is so great about your sister! I don't really know enough about the disease to know that it could be actually "cured" I thought the transplant was just to treat the symptom (lost sight). But that is absolutely wonderful that it is completely gone! I will talk to my friend and ask her if I can give her email address to you and then maybe you can take it from there. Does your sis read well enough to do email? Or would it be just phone contact?

Anonymous said...

Miz Biz -- when oh when are you ever coming home? And how is that little monkey of yours?

Burcu J said...

I am happy for your sister and Where have you been my friend??? I know I've been slacking but YOU CAN'T!!! WE MISS YOU. KEEP US POSTED AND HAPPY EASTER :)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online