Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Want To Be A Nutritionist!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +9.6
Overnight Loss 0.0

Here is my menu - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: Coffee with Half and Half, Banana
Lunch: Large Spring Mix Salad with Homemade Balsamic/EVOO Dressing with Feta and slices of leftover London Broil
MidAfternoon Snack: Wine :)
Dinner: A plate of sliced tomatoes covered with EVOO/Balsamic and then sprinkled with blue cheese and parmesan cheese - a side of leftover London Broil. I snacked on two chips with cheese that my daughter ate and some olives

A total of 1810 cals divided: 82 fat grams (40%), 61 carb grams (12%), 87 protein grams (20%), 69 grams alcohol (26%)

No loss for me today. Maintaining is a GOOD thing, confusing my metabolism is the name of the game!!! Today is another protein day, but this time I am doing probably just ground beef, I may throw some green beans into the picture just for good measure, but mostly all day it will be ground beef. Oh yeah, and coffee. LOL

TOM is lurking. This could be the reason for the stall as well, who knows. I wish he would just show up already and then BE GONE!

Being a Nutritionist?

Is it possible for me? I think I have truly found my "love" - my calling if you will. I am in the middle of doing something right now that truly brings me MUCH joy. I am helping people design menus for their Phase 3 experience. Wow! It is SO MUCH FUN!

What makes me think that I am good at it? I have a LOT of years learning about foods. I have been around TONS of people that have been on a plethora of diets and I have found little nuances with almost each one that work really well. As you know, I absolutely LOVE research, and I love trying to figure out why something worked and why something else didn't work. I LOVE helping people figure out what THEY need to live healthy lives. I LOVE showing people that a slip up is nothing more than a bump in the road, and then leading them to recovery (in other words, back to maintaining!)

I would think it a blast if I could sit back with someone and plan a weeks worth of meals, provide them with a shopping list and have them go to town!

So what will it take? Anyone out there KNOW a Nutritionist? Someone I might be able to pick their brain? The one thing that could pose a challenge to me being certified for something like this ... I am quite over the American Food Pyramid. I do not want to promote it whatsoever because I feel that this way of eating is slowing killing the American population. If not killing them, then making them stay sick, or worse yet, keeping them confused and compliant (thank you M for that discussion). If it takes me having to promote that way of eating to get a certification, then I will consider it no further.

So any information any of you out there can give me to start me on this journey would be MONDO appreciated! I am going to do my own as well - but I am sure that by putting this out there, much will be accomplished!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Lili - if you do it, let me know how it goes! It is a prizewinner as far as I am concerned! So tell me Lili, how much is a "bit up"? It was a PLEASURE talking with you my friend!

Mary - if eggs have that effect, just deal with it! It's for the greater good! Tell your workmates you are on some new medication that produces this effect, essential for your LIFE! LOL

Winston - the one and only steak day I did was a complete bust. I absolutely HATED it, and now I think I have developed a attitude about it. HA! I don't know how I could spend 21 weeks of my life living on 500 cals and not handle a steak day! ROFL - try the egg day once, see what it brings you!

Shelly - oh yeah, it's the protocol, I can take NO credit for it!

Becca - not as happy as I am! Oh yes, it feels SO good to be getting back to normal again. The early mornings are my own again! YEAH!!! What is this thing you girls have with eggs??? ROFL - maybe if you eat them alone they wont produce that problem? HA!

Monica - it was great chatting with you too! I hate it when work gets in the way of us having FUN!!! Humbug WORK! Yeah, this protocol has sure taught me what I need to do to get my body to finally LISTEN to me instead of being MINDLESS about things ya know?

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey honey -- I have been having some bladder pain, and I realised right now doing an egg day would put me in ketosis -- the opposite of what I should be doing. So I just ate normally, did my racquetball, trying to heal up my bladder before I start P2 in a week or so. I'm up 7 lbs from LIW.

smacmo said...

Biz, I think that it's a GREAT idea! I've always wanted my own personal nutritionist! :))
But seriously, I bet that there is an online program that you could take to become a registered dietician. Then from there I think that it's just building your "reputation" I'll email you later in the day.

maryg911 said...

Hey Miz Biz!! As you can see I jumped back into VLCD to get me back down to LIW, so I didn't make the eggs, boo hoo!!

Follow your dream!! I think you would be awesome as a nutritionist.

Take care and keep us posted!!

Becca said...

Biz, I think the nutritionist route is a great idea but I agree with your concerns about the food pyramid. I started feeling that way after reading and agreeing with most of what Dr. Sears says in "The Zone". Mainly about how bad the high glycemic foods are for us and the insulin resistance factor. I found that the Zone was a very hard diet to follow short or long term but that it would be an extremely healthy way to eat and live. The difficulty lies in having the ratio for each meal and snack exactly divided into the correct percentages of carbs, fats and protein. But with that said, I still believe that his research and views on the glycemic index and how the typical american diet relates to it, is key to many of our health woes.
I think the glycemic index should be the basis for the food pyramid in the future! (As a matter of fact, Dr. Sears proposes a revision to the food pyramid in his book.)
I think that this would be a great fit for you as a career and life choice. And even if you have to pretend to learn about nutrition based on the existing pyramid that doesn't mean you have to follow it in your practice. If everyone followed it exactly then where are all these new diet books coming from? Someday I hope to see a book by BIZ on the bookstore shelves!

triplejtb said...

Keep going Biz
You'll get there in no time. Where do you get all you energy from?
---Jan---

Ed & Jennifer said...

The coffee Jan!!! LOL

Hi DI Biz! OMG, you are meant to be a nutritionist-you wanna know why? Because you are the BEST at giving advice and helping us.

Let's see what comes of this...(you go girl)!

I missed you today!

Liz said...

Biz, that's great! I would love to see your menus!

Also, the usda has been slowly revising their pyramid to encourage more consumption of fruits and vegetables. I think they are still heavy on starchy carbs.... but it IS improving! I believe they are currently touting 5-9 servings of produce per day for optimal health. This finally came about because of the vast increase in childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. The recommendations of the "old" philosophy was indeed slowly killing Americans.

Being in the produce business, I am always looking for ways to promote more fruits and veggies. a couple of years ago I won a usda grant to help encourage kids to eat more fruits and veggies. My biz partner and I developed a fresh snack program for our local school district and also we developed a website and music video along with some supplemental teacher curricula to help encourage the kids to eat more healthy. We applied for a 2nd grant to keep the program going, but we didn't get that one. I will try again for it when it comes available again. Anyway.... you can visit the site and see our music video a www.farmfreshpalz.com

I'd love your feedback! :)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online