Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Sweet Taste of Recovery! - Part 1

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +9.6
Overnight Loss 2.4

Here is my menu - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: Coffee with Half and Half, 3 Egg Omelet with Swiss Cheese cooked in a pat of butter
MidMorning Snack: 2 Scrambled Eggs cooked in a pat of butter, topped with shredded cheddar and bacon bits
Lunch: 2 Boiled Eggs in Mayo, Mustard and S&P
MidAfternoon Snack: 1 Hard Boiled Egg
Dinner: 2 Boiled Eggs in Mayo and S&P

A total of 1235 cals divided: 98 fat grams (71%), 8 carb grams (3%), 75 protein grams (26%)

The Sweet Taste of Recovery!

Since Saturday - down 6.4 pounds in 4 completed days - that is what I call SUCCESS!!! In no other weight loss plan could I ever in a million years even smidgen a hope to recover this quickly. This shows what a complete MIRACLE this protocol is. I would like to say I am in 'shock', but quite frankly, this has happened this way before so I am pretty much expecting it.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Anyhoo, woke up late, don't have time to complete my post this morning but had to let the early birds know my news. If you come back around 10am my time (Eastern US) - I will have completed my post, complete with shout outs to my commenters!

Stay tuned for Part 1a...

Part 1a of The Sweet Taste of Recovery! (Edited at 8:15 am Eastern)

Ok, so I got most of my early morning routine done and I am back.

Like I said before, I am seriously amazed at how well this protocol works. 6.4 pounds lost in 4 completed days. Simply awesome. When I was on Atkins and I had a slip up, I would try to rectify it and it would take me a week, sometimes two or three to recover ... if I was even able to recover at all. Because it would take me so long to recover, I would get discouraged and then do something else stupid. But when you see results like what I have seen over the last 4 weigh ins, well, it just encourages you to keep on keeping on.

Let's go over what I have done so far:

Saturday: I discovered I was 16 lbs over my LIW - Saturday was a special day for me, so I chose not to concentrate fully on what I ate, but I did stay away from white flour and sugar. And I concentrated on getting in my water.

Sunday: 1.4 lb loss - This day I really focused in on eating right again, primarily eating lots of raw, fresh foods. I gotta tell you, it felt DIVINE. I took in about 2250 calories - wow, didn't think it was that much until I plugged it all into FitDay and was quite nervous that my weigh in Monday morning wouldn't be great.

Monday: 2.6 lb loss - WOW - I was totally AMAZED - even after eating all that food, I dropped a good bit! Monday was another day spent eating a healthy dose of fresh, raw foods. I just KNEW I would see another drop.

Tuesday: 0.0 loss - HA! Ok, so I weighed in at a totally different time then I had been weighing in. Kids went back to school, so I weighed in at 5:30am (my usual time) instead of 8am - 9am like I had been doing since Saturday. I chalked up the no loss to a different time of weigh in. No worries. Regardless, I had already planned on doing an "Egg Day" this day to kick start a few days of alternating Protein / Normal Eating days. My theory is that when you confuse your metabolism, it works harder.

Wednesday: 2.4 loss - A total of 6.4 lbs since Saturday, with one day of no loss. Pretty darn good. Today, I am focusing in on a normal eating day. I will attempt to get my ratio of 60% fats, 25% proteins and 15% carbs - and then tomorrow will be another "Protein Day" - most likely NOT eggs - I get pretty tired of eggs after an "Egg Day" - probably Ground Beef - with a small amount of carbs.

How is that for recovery???

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Mary - Oh how I have missed you too! And I bet I am more happy than you to be back!

Regina - Girl! Amazing isn't it! I hope you have fun on your trip!

Shelly - I am here now! Just email me when your ready to chat and we can make a "date" - look at how this is coming off! OMG!

Winston - Thanks for checking in my friend! It is just mind boggling that the recovery process is so sweet. It's just a matter of making your mind over and doing it. OMG - 18 lbs? Me at 16 lbs? What were we thinking???

Becca - HA! Normal??? Girl, there is nothing normal about our lives! I really missed you too Becca - I need to tell you and your friend ALL about my sister's eyes! OMG! The doctor said she might qualify for Lasik (sp?) surgery when she goes back in June??? How cool is that??? Girl, don't worry about any gains ... as I am proving (and Winston) they are recoverable.

Misto - look at you coming out of the woodwork to visit me!!! Believe me, I am glad to be home too!

TSN - oh oh, a GameCock eh??? I live in Charleston - my 2nd son is a Clemson fan. LOL - I love your BLOG! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Liz - I am gonna do a post on the "Steak Day" - personally? I hated it the ONE time I did it and I found that doing an "Egg Day" is much easier - and actually produces better results with no bounce back. Dr S says that you must do the "Steak Day" on the morning that you see the increase - if you don't then you must do strict dieting:

But if the skipping of the meal - and skipping means literally skipping, not just having a light meal - is postponed, the phenomenon does not occur and several days of strict dieting may be necessary to correct the situation.

I will focus on that tomorrow ok? And btw - TOM can do all sorts of freaky things - just do your best when he is around.
Until tomorrow!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang girl, that egg menu sounds so tasty!!!! I am a bit up too myself -- dammit!!! I think I will do your menu today. I mean, what's better than deviled eggs???

I'm so glad you're back, you help me focus on the big picture. It was so good to talk to you, however briefly -- sorry -- but, you inow, I have to share you with all your other fans!!!

kisses!

maryg911 said...

Yes, I agree with Ms. Lili, I will have to try the egg day. When I get home, I'm going to boil some eggs so I can bring them to work with me. I have a really bad side effect from hard boiled eggs so these guys are going to have to stay away from me, ha!!

You are doing so great, I can only hope the same will work for me!!

Take care!!

Free me from Fat Jail said...

The egg day did look appealing as an alternative to a steak day. I have done about 6 steak days and was pretty good with it all day. I just kept drinking water and tea and staying busy and then eventually had to remember to eat my steak by 7PM because I felt so full. By the way, my friend will be doing one of these famous steak days as she is a few pounds over LIW too. Keep it going.

smacmo said...

Look at you! You are rocking it right back off! Like you said though, it's this protocol that sooo rocks.

Becca said...

Good job on sloughing off that excess weight! You are working it down so fast...
I have not been able to complete an egg day or steak day yet. I've started out to a couple of times but "stuff" just keeps happening that seems to sidetrack me. I need to focus, focus, focus...
And I also have that problem with the side effects from boiled eggs that Mary was hinting about!
So can you tell that we're all happy to have you back and on a routine?
Yayyyyy!

applebottomblues said...

Hey Bizzy! You are really working those lbs off! You've really got this down. I love how you've learned about how your body works. I am up over my LIW myself and reading over your blog today really helped me to remember what I SHOULD be doing. So glad to have you back!

It was really nice chatting with you today. Sorry I had to cut it short... damn job! LOL

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online