Friday, March 28, 2008

The Sweet Taste of Recovery! - Part 2

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +8.6
Overnight Loss 1.0

Here is my menu - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: Coffee with Half and Half
Lunch and Dinner: All during the day I ate about 1.5 lbs of Ground Beef
Dessert: A plate of sliced tomatoes covered with EVOO/Balsamic and then sprinkled with blue cheese and Parmesan cheese - and a bit of grilled chicken

A total of 1379 cals divided: 66 fat grams (43%), 16 carb grams (4%), 166 protein grams (51%)

Tomorrow marks a week when I stepped on the scale and I discovered I was 16 lbs over LIW - today, 6 completed days later, I am only 8.6 - a loss of 7.4 lbs - that is what I call REMARKABLE. That is P2 kinda losses!

I woke up late again today, so I wanted to rush with my numbers and then I will return with an update - I want to talk more about the recovery process. I have some 'theories' that are beginning to be proved correct with my attempt to get down to LIW in a short time, one in particular I am gonna test today!

For my early morning readers, come back by 10am Eastern and I should have updated by then, along with my shout outs to my commenters!

Until then, stay tuned for Part 2A ...

Part 2a of The Sweet Taste of Recovery! (Edited at 10:00 am Eastern)

Time is running away from me today, so my post on the theories I have will have to wait until probably Monday - SORRY CHARLIES! I will still update my progress over the weekend, and you will see my theories actually at work, so don't miss it!

Just to let you know what my plans are today. Today, I am gonna focus in on lots and LOTS of fruit - lunch and dinner will be normal but low carb.

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Lili - I totally understand, don't get that bladder all upset again, NO WAY JOSE! It needs to be NORMAL if you ever hope to go on another P2!

Shelly - I had several people send me some links. I am gonna spend some time tomorrow going over them. I didn't get an email? I know your busy with your upcoming MASSIVE RUNNING weekend so get with me when you can!

Mary - I will DEFINITELY keep you posted! Looking forward to see if you had a better day yesterday!

Becca - I have found some accredited course that actually offer the natural way to disease prevention thru food and lifestyle choices, right up my alley! I will post about it after I do some research. Also, I read the ZONE years ago, I am gonna have to go back to it and see what it says. I just remember it being way too complicated for me to adhere to. That is why I really like the Med Diet, OMG! I am learning so many new things on that one! A Biz Book! How cool would that be??

I just read something in the last few days that in 2010 they are going to redesign the Food Pyramid and there are TONS of people lobbying for a correction. I will have to find the article and post it.

Jan - Energy? I fake it, that is what I do! I am so glad you got your blog working! YES - now we can all comment!

Ed & Jenn - HA! My calling! My calling is to follow in your footsteps, that is what MY calling is! LOL

Liz - OMG - thank you SO MUCH for sending me to that site! It's amazing and deserves a really thorough look through, and I will do that this weekend. I will give you ALL my thoughts. What is funny is that I have a DEVIL of a time trying to get my daughter to eat Veggies, but she will snack on fruit, so that is cool. Growing up I always liked my veggies, couldn't stand fruit. Really it's been since doing this protocol that I have discovered a new LOVE for fruit! I will get with you my sweet!

8 Comments:

smacmo said...

wow Biz, that is AWESOME! i can't wait to read about your theories!

Becca said...

Oh man... We have to wait until Monday for the theories? What a cliffhanger...
Just puts more pressure on you to make it worth the wait!
Great job on bring it on down. I am very impressed. I love having my visitors but can't wait to get back on my own eating schedule!
Have a good weekend!
Oh, I'm having trouble with the new forum and have asked Jen for some help. I evidently don't have permission to open and read anything. I did ask to join the bootcamp forum but either haven't been granted entry yet, or don't know how to access it. I didn't think I was this computer illiterate, but it's making me feel like a dummy!
if you get time could you email me at beccabetts at yahoo dot com? I can't see my hotmail email at work any more.
Thanks!

triplejtb said...

Biz you are an inspiration to all---excellent loses---I've bookmarked your egg day for when I need it in a hurry lol
---Jan---

Burcu J said...

Hello,
You just the master.. I bow down to you.. Bootcamp working huh.. :) Thank you for stopping by I am doing ok. Started to lose some, I will be posting soon..
Have a great weekend. :)

MiStoGirly said...

Thanks for your encouragement Biz!!! I am doing much better now that my body is settling down again. I am being careful and listening. But it is really good to have you back.

Crystal Lee said...

Hey baby girl!! I saw the post on the nutritionist idea. Good for you! There is a school you can take classes online. Clayton College of Natural Health. Look into it! I am not sure if they offer a degree in nutrition or not but I know they focus on natural medicine, healing, etc.

beachbrights said...

Cliffhangers...Does is have something to do with fruit? Fruit was the *key* to my weight stabilizing in P3. I'll keep checking back....

Love ya!!

Liz said...

Hey Biz... Glad you liked the site. I haven't done any updating on it for a while. I have so many irons in the fire.... but it is really important to me that kids learn better habits. I think the kids in America are in such trouble health wise. It seems like kids are sooooo much fatter than we were growing up. And I am SURE it is due to all the processed fast foods and horomones, and just not knowing what to eat to have healthy bodies.... and then, of course, those from poorer families that end up eating the really cheap stuff, mac & cheese, cheap cereals, etc.... nothing green, orange red yellow or blue! I have tried to encourage my 8 yr old to eat a rainbow.... she also is one that does well with fruit, but not so well with veggies. (We fight about it LOL)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online