Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WTH??? Where Have I Been???

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

Geesh! I have NEVER ever gone this long without a post. I bet I had you all worried! Let me just say some things to give you an idea of what has been going on in my life since I landed in California on the 20th of Feb...

  • 2 visits to the emergency room (brother and mother)
  • playing nursemaid to a plethora of sickies (including myself and my daughter - last two days it's been my sister)
  • having to survive on the worst dialup internet connection known to man until this past weekend when i had full access to the dsl card!
  • playing chief cook and bottle washer for two events (a baby shower and a friends gathering)
  • losing my wallet on a trip into town (did I mention where my sister lives is in the BOONIES and we have to PLAN our trips into town?) - canceling ALL my credit cards - and then trying to figure out HOW I was gonna drive without a license when I go to the Police Department to file a report and what is there??? MY WALLET!!! Complete with all my credit cards, and my money! OMG!
  • having to take my daughter to visit my OTHER niece for the weekend and her calling me to come get her early (mind you, my other niece lives 45 mins away)
  • having to take brother and brother in law to the airport on the same day (airport is 30 minutes away, one had to be there at 5am the other at 1:00pm) and then driving into town for doctors appointments for my sister (OMG, this day was the pits - I was SO SICK)
  • having to play school teacher for the first time in my life to my daughter (home schooling her while we are here) and not knowing the first thing about HOW to teach her things like "when you add 'ies' for a plural" - sure, I know HOW to do it, but how do I TEACH it??? OMG - schooling is NOT fun!
  • one day I got to spend with my good blog buddy REGINA - and how that was the HIGHLIGHT of my week! I got to meet her, her mother and her daughter all at the same time! What a comfortable bunch of people they are! They made me feel RIGHT AT HOME the entire day. We went out for - what else? But MEXICAN! I had fish tacos for the first time and we all had margaritas!
To top things all off? I have not been the model P3 student. Nope, not even close. It's not like I could just hop in a car and run down the street to get P3 legal foods. So I ate what was around here. So during the entire first week??? I didn't weigh cause I didn't want to know.

Finally, starting the 2nd week (the day after I saw Regina) I weighed. It was 8 lbs above LIW - ok, so that is pretty bad, but really? It's not. When you consider I have not spent one day eating legal P3 foods, I think it's pretty darn good that I am maintaining this week anywhere from about 5 - 8 lbs above LIW. My body, no matter what I eat, will NOT go past the 8lb mark, and people??? Let me tell you, I have NOT cared what I have eaten. I eat when I am hungry, and I stop when I am full. I snack on things all day and I am eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have been to Mexican, PF CHANGS!!!, Vietnamese, Japanese - eaten all kinds of bizzare foods that my niece likes to cook and yet my body will not go past the 8 lb mark. That is remarkable, don't you think???

Ok, I don't have a lot of time to spend here today. I didn't weigh myself this morning to give you an accurate gauge of where I am today, but I will endeavor to start at least posting stats and menu starting tomorrow. I have kept a semi running log of things that I have eaten, when I remembered! LOL

So with that I bid you adieu for the day. I tried to visit everyone Monday I think it was, and I will strive to be a bit more regular on there as well.

I miss each and everyone of you! Thanks for being there for me!!!

Biz

6 Comments:

Liz said...

Biz... It's GREAT to see you! I have been checking no and then... and No Biz... but then, this morning... There you are!

Sounds like you have had a hell of a sabbatical (sp??) with all your comings and goings! You poor thing! No wonder you were gone for so long! Losing a wallet is such a drag! I am so glad you got it back.... and with EVERYTHING in it! WOW that makes the world more encouraging for sure!

I am sure that you will pop right back down after you start up on "legal" foods again! You are amazing!
Liz

Becca said...

Hi Biz, glad you finally found a way to get dsl! I was using my cell phone as a modem and getting my internet access through verizon when I was in Utah. Only problem is that if I'm online for a while (remember I was trying to work from there) then my phone battery would run down. So I had only a couple of hours on at a time, then had to charge up before I could get back on. But it works great if you don't have to be on ALL day!
Sorry to hear that you guys were all so sick and hope you're all on the mend...

Ed & Jennifer said...

I wish we could edit our text size in here but we can't so just imagine a BIG, HUGE...FINALLY!

Okay so we'll let you off the hook because your reasons are valid! Hopefully the last half of your trip will be the "fun part!" (sheesh)

Eating ANYTHING you want and not gaining is proving that the hypo really does get reset. I see your "experimenting" has continued to P3! LOL

We miss the shiz out of you around here! Take care of yourself and eat some good for me!!! wubu Biz!

maryg911 said...

Yea what Jen said!!!

I'm so happy to hear from my friend again. Sorry to hear you were sick and everyone else for that matter!!!

Oh, I read the comment you left on my blog and all I can say is feel free to eat like me, haaa!! I know you're still very busy but when you get settled again, you need to check out Marlene's blog, it will shock you!!!

Luv ya, take care and keep us posted when you can girl!!

Burcu J said...

Poooorr Biz
What a time you've had. I am glad that you've overcame :) and losing wallet is not fun at all..I hope you and everybody else feels better.I was sick myself and aunt flo wasn't helping either. I am glad that you back.About the extra pounds, DON'T SWEAT IT.. You are the pro I know you will get rid of them in no time. Take care. and thank you so much for checking up on me.

beachbrights said...

I am so glad you got the chance to post! Missed you tons...enjoy the rest of your trip. Thanks for checking on me!

XOXO-

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online