Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another Short Update - 02.13.08 - D23P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 163.8
Today - 164.4
0.6 lb GAIN Overnight
11.0 lb UNDER LIW of Round Three (175.4)
20.0 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
86.4 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

I am going to discuss in detail what I ate yesterday further below, but for the interest of continuity, I am going to post it here as well. Started out with Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2. Cottage Cheese and Peaches for breakfast, lunch was a Flat Out Italian Herb Wrap made with Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Alfafa Sprouts, FF Mayo and Dijon Mustard, sprinkled with lime. Snack was a grapefruit, and supper was more Cottage Cheese and Peaches. Oh, and for the first time I had some sugar free gum.

A total of around 496 calories divided this way: 12 Fat, 74 Carbs, 38 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! I actually have a date! Look for it on February 15th! WOO HOO!!!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Since we are on Phase 3 - let's discuss those people out there that actually have a difficult time keeping weight ON during the Phase 3 portion of the Protocol. Yes, there are some out there with this problem. Remember that Dr Simeon's said that it was just as important to keep the weight on as it was to keep it off! So please help out if you can!

Phase 3 - What If You're Still Losing???

Ok, So Flat Bread Doesn't Work!

Or was it the sugarfree gum? Or maybe the veggie cheese? Or could it have been the mixing of the veggies? I mean after all, I did cucumbers, tomatoes AND alfafa sprouts in one setting! I knew better than to try too many variables in just one day. That was most stupid of me. So which one is it? All I can tell you tho is that my flat bread sandwich yesterday was simply divine. I enjoyed that SO MUCH BETTER than the Sammie the other day.

Let me add something else to the equation ... my head is stuffy. I can't breathe out of one side of my nose. I slept only 5 hours. And I feel feverish. Geesh, more variables.

So, lots of things could have been the cause of the gain. I am not fretting it, so no worries ok?

Well anyway, today it doesn't matter. Because I said that the day I gained, I would do strict Dr S protocol that next day. So that is what I am doing today. Most likely? My famous ground beef patty with lettuce and mustard dressing with an apple for lunch. Catfish Creole for supper with a snack of a grapefruit.

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Mary - HA! The beer day! That is too funny. The point is that you still cannot go over 500 cals. No matter what. Drinking 2 or 3 beers adds up fast. Be careful!!! LOL

CB - Thanks girlfriend, for being such a loyal reader! I am so happy to see you got your job, things should all start falling into place.

Marshall - I will let ArticShark know your thoughts on this. I have often said that doing this protocol is so much more than just losing weight. It makes us so much more aware of the little nuances of life.

Ed & Jenn - Don't speak too soon...there was bound to be something that I would stumble upon that wouldn't work! And I think I might have found it! How sad tho eh? You saw my sandwich yesterday, you saw how good it looked, and girl, it was! It was filling too!

Crystal - Thanks for adding that little bit of information! Interesting stuff eh?

EweWho - HA! We found the magic bullet! LOL

Becca - Oh I am so glad you saw a loss with the green beans. They add such a nice variety to the menu don't they? eMail me if you need to! You know how to reach me!
Bizanator

7 Comments:

Crystal Lee said...

I think your menu today sounds yummy. And girl you did not get hardly any protein in....could this be another variable?
I think its because of the sniffles. I retain water EVERYTIME I am sicky. I hope you feel better soon hon!

It was soo funny. I wokeup this morning to a 1 lb gain...YIKES BUT as soon as I went to the bathroom I was sitting pretty at 269.5. Whoot I made it!
And look at my freakin caloric intake....crazy! 621! I did not mean for that to happen at all. :( I will plan better today though.

Anonymous said...

I think weight gain and loss is dependant on so much more than just calories. And I don't mean just water retention. I think it's much more complicated than that -- perhaps msg or other artificial additives upset the insulin balance (or some other hormone) and cause less fat to be burned, more fat to be stored, etc..... I think it even goes beyond carbs. Look at my burger king filet fiasco the other day -- I hardly ate that day, should have had a nice loss, and the filet only had 180 calores -- putting me well within the 500 calorie limit for the day. But I didn't lose an ounce -- and all the ingredients are, I'm sure, responsible, making the calorie content a mute point. Just my thoughts.

Yeah, and getting sick also can cause a stall or gain -- your body does retain a bit of water, and goes into hibernation mode -- you know how you get so tired? Your metabolism is slowing down big time, trying to get you to sleep.

But -- not a bad gain, as I always say, nothing more than a good belch or 2..... he he, I know, I'm so immature :)

maryg911 said...

Ha, I'm sure after one, I won't want another. (Sure, right), but I think it would go great with some grilled steak, I miss summer already!!

Yes, cut that bread out!!! I'm sure you'll lose it in a couple of days, hopefully overnight!! Luv ya!!

EweWho said...

ROFL, I guess the envelope ripped? Actually, I think you had too many variables to pinpoint any actual cause, if indeed there was a cause at all, or if it was just a normal fluctuation in your body. .6 isn't really all that much. I think you should give it a few days and try your flatbread sandwich again.

Your menu sounds wonderful. I may have to make some of that mustard dressing today and have the same thing.

Ed & Jennifer said...

I don't believe it...the Bizanator GAINED! Who cares huh?! I think you should try the wrap again too (maybe the cheese had starch in it). No, actually I think it was defiantly the piece of sugarless gum-NOT!

Oh, sorry to hear your aren't feeling so hot today-you better not be getting sick on me! Wonder what's up?

Glad to see you are going to join the rest of us today on eating a Dr. S P2 menu (and you didn't need to write what you were going to eat we already knew)! LOL

Love you Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz!

smacmo said...

Biz, hope you get to feeling better! Maybe a wrap would do you better?

Becca said...

Did you have any protein for lunch? All I see is carbs! Or did you leave something off of that list? I agree that it's hard to tell because you did have so many variables but the glaring one to me would be the low protein.
I hope you aren't really getting sick and that it's just a by product of all those unfamiliar foods flooding your bloodstream!
But I hope you don't give up the experimentation entirely! We are wanting to know!!! P.S. I'm eternally grateful for the green bean trial. I am eating them all the time now. And I'm going out for Erica's birthday tonight to MACAYO'S for mexican food!!! I'm going to ask for chicken fajitas cooked with no oil. And I'm going to eat the onions and green peppers! So I will do that little bit of experimentation for you!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online