Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Live Big! - 02.12.08 - D22P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 164.4
Today - 163.8
0.6 lb LOSS Overnight
11.6 lb UNDER LIW of Round Three (175.4)
20.6 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
87.0 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

I am going to discuss in detail what I ate yesterday further below, but for the interest of continuity, I am going to post it here as well. Cottage Cheese and Peaches for breakfast, lunch was a Sammie from Quiznos, snack was a Grapefruit, Dinner was a Salad with Asian Dressing and Soup with Napa Cabbage and Shirataki Noodles.

A total of around 493 calories divided this way: 9 Fat, 70 Carbs, 34 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! I actually have a date! Look for it on February 15th! WOO HOO!!!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

I have finally put the FAQ up from two questions ago! I know, I am slow! But it's there now!

Since we are on Phase 3 - let's discuss those people out there that actually have a difficult time keeping weight ON during the Phase 3 portion of the Protocol. Yes, there are some out there with this problem. Remember that Dr Simeon's said that it was just as important to keep the weight on as it was to keep it off! So please help out if you can!

Phase 3 - What If You're Still Losing???

What Do You Think Of That?

I really went off the deep end yesterday, and I have to tell you, it really wasn't worth it, loss or no loss. I have been wanting to experiment with these "Sammies" from Quiznos - now quite frankly, if they looked anything like the picture on the commercial or even the advertisement, I would have been happy. But nope, not even close. They were just "OK" - nothing spectacular at all. One thing it did do? I don't know if it was psychological or what, but I was hungry after I ate that. Serious hunger, weird hunger, but HUNGER none the less. Could it have been the bread? That shocks me quite frankly based on the fact that Dr Simeon's allows us Melba and Grissini. So I don't know, but it was bad, but it's over now. I am feeling myself again today.

I wont be trying that again. I am glad I did mind you, got it out of my system, but it so wasn't worth it. I was actually craving P2 foods yesterday afternoon again! ROFL

The rest of the day was pretty normal!

Here are the numbers for those of you following - won't be able to use Round 3 numbers from this day forward as I only had 21 completed days on that round.

Day 21 (Complete) - Round 4 = 11.17% Body Weight Loss
Day 21 (Complete) - Round 3 = 9.21% Body Weight Loss (This was my LIW)
Day 21 (Complete) - Round 2 = 8.30% Body Weight Loss
Day 21 (Complete) - Round 1 = 8.13% Body Weight Loss

What follows is a post from another forum that I visit. A member there, ArticShark has given me permission to completely copy and paste her post here. It is an important one and it will make you think. It made me think, and it ties into some things that happened to me over the weekend. I think we are all dealing with this at one point. It's long, but it's a good read.

Live Big!

Here is one of the things I have been thinking about. It is kinda Long.

Some recent events have made me think about our responses to bad/tragic/negative events. It triggered a memory of my reading of Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits. He said that some people aren’t happy when something good happens to other people. These people have a belief that goodness is divided into what they perceive as pie slices. If one person gets a piece of the “goodness” pie then that leaves less pie for them. They operate on a diminishing pie theory. They are jealous of other’s success because that means that there is less success for them or that their ability to attain that same level of success is compromised. Or they deliberately or unknowingly sabotage the success of other’s so that the odds of them being successful are increased.

Mr. Covey explained that the universe isn’t set up that way. It has infinite pies and slices that are constantly being replenish or brought into being based on our desires or intent. That one person taking a slice of the success pie doesn’t mean that there are less slices but in reality that there are more. It is like taking a drop of water from the ocean. A drop is not noticeable and through the constant of rainfall, weather and the mechanism of our own biosphere, the water is replenished, renewed and sometimes altered for the better (Like the addition of oxygen and minerals to the water that is put back into the ocean). And if you think about Einstein’s theory, matter and energy are in a constant state of flux, changing from one to the other as needed. So if one person takes a slice of the “goodness” pie, our universe instantly and automatically fills that space back up with more “goodness.” It is an infinite source. Limitless.

The reason I thought of all of this are several. And for those of you that helped triggered these thoughts, thank you, and I hope you don’t think I am singling you out for any bad purpose. It’s just that your posts helped coalesce these thoughts. One post had me thinking about why people are soooo attracted to reality TV shows that portray our fellow humans in pain/to laugh at/ to point at and to generally engage in their misery. Why does such a large segment of our population LIKE to watch other peoples’ failures? Do they laugh at them in that cruel way because they believe, falsely I might add, that those peoples’ failures somehow make the probability of their success more likely? Or do they genuinely like to see other people’s pain? Why does the train wreck that is portrayed of other’s lives fascinate us? Shows like American Idol, Biggest Loser, Who wants to marry a millionaire and their ilk showcase the bad and ugly for our viewing pleasure. In truth, reveling in this type of negativity diminishes us all. Makes us more callous. More mean. It makes us less like the infinite and more like the mundane. Don’t fall into that trap.

Why do people LIKE it when you fail at a diet? They don’t come out openly about it. But secretly, inside, they are joyful at the thought that you failed to lose weight. Or for those that are really vested in your failure, they will either subconsciously or consciously, engage in behavior that is designed to sabotage. Why when you are experiencing success does your spouse or a co-worker or a parent start buying treats and other foods that you are not allowed? Especially after you have told them what is and is not a part of your plan and protocol? I read an instance where a spouse had deliberately put sugar into a steak rub and when confronted stated that “just a little won’t hurt.” Or a mother, who is diabetic and had stopped buying sweet treats, who started bringing home cakes and candies and other “goodies.” Or even co-workers that no longer engage in small talk and banter as you successfully meet your goals to be the person you always thought you were or could be.

Maybe they think that your success highlights their failure. Or they are comfortable with you being the fatty and don’t want you to be skinny and perhaps more desirable to others. Or maybe they think that you will notice their flaws and once the weight is gone, will no longer desires them as your ability to pick and choose increases. In almost all these scenarios, it is about the saboteurs fears. As one of my girlfriends says “There are 2 kinds of problems. A me problem and a you problem. Most things are not a me problem. And in this instance, that is a YOU problem. That is not a ME problem.” In reality, most things are not a Me problem and all other issues have to be let go. There is very little that most of us can do about YOU problems as we are not able to control the thoughts and behaviors of other people. What we can control is how much influence they have in our lives. As you bloom, evaluate if there is just more that pounds that have become dead weight in your life. It is amazing how much freer we feel once we let it go.

The other event revolved around the Super Bowl. I really truly didn’t care who won. I was rooting for the Patriots just because I thought it would be neat to see history being made. And good for them getting to that point. [If you are genuinely a Giants fan, it wasn’t about seeing them lose or anything in that way] But as I expressed that view to many, and several weren’t Giants fans or had ever been a Giants fan until that game, I was surprised that soooo many wanted the Patriots to lose. As if the Patriots winning and having a perfect season was a bad thing for them personally. They actively engaged in cheering for team that they had probably rooted against and made disparaging remarks against all season. Just so a team, maybe not their own, could be knocked down a notch or two. It really was small-minded behavior. And not very flattering at all. And I just sat back and said WOW, here is another example of if they take a pie slice then it leaves less for me (or my team or what I care about, etc) and maybe no one will notices when I am not perfect as well or it relieves me from striving for perfection or whatever diminishing and small-minded mundane thought, belief or feeling.

So be BIG. Believe in the infinite. Revel in the success of others. Strive for perfection. Laugh if not achieved and more importantly laugh if it is. Share the formula of your success. Kind thoughts and kind words. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that another person’s success is a DIRECT link to ensuring you fail. It is not. If anything, it is a road map. Live BIG.
Thank you ArticShark for such a thought provoking post!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Mary - I am ending this round on the 17th - I will be on Phase 3 and 4 while I am in California, I will be there for 4 weeks. I planned it all around that!

Crystal - JPS and I were pretty much cracking up on their whole menu yesterday, it really is TOO FUNNY! LOL - Peaches DO work! That is for sure!

Ed and Jenn - HA! JPS told me to pull another beer day before I stop, I might try that on Saturday, we shall see, give me the UMPH I need to get closer to 160! ROFL

Shelly - HA! Nope, I think I am flying pretty high at the moment!

Tracey - HA! I hope my sister has ENOUGH clothes for me!!! ROFL - we need an update from you my sweet!

B - Oh it's good to have you back my friend! WOO HOO FOR YOU in the size 14's! Can you imagine???

Amanda - !!! Hey girl, I am SO HAPPY you found a doctor in Australia! That does my heart good! You must drop me an email and we just MUST catch up! WOO HOO FOR YOU!!!! On your way again! I know about the CC - JPS has consistently thanked me this week for MAKING her try them! ROFL
Have a great day everyone!

Biz

7 Comments:

maryg911 said...

Sammie, huh? Wow, you are so brave!! Congrats on the loss!! So you only have a few days left on P2? Hey, I'm finally going to try that beer day too!!!

Take care, luv ya!!

beachbrights said...

I am just amazed at the amount of weight you continue to lose! You deserve it, you have worked hard! Thanks for all the experimenting lately. I believe that eggs and cottage cheese, used in moderation, can be successful on the protocol. There's also alot to be said for "what you eat" as long as it is under the 500 calories.

Love Ya and I enjoy reading your blog...EVERYDAY!

xoxo-

Unknown said...

ArcticShark's comments are very apt---we all have this behavior in us, and it's scary/amazing/disturbing to see how often it pops out of us without even thinking about it. I've been surprised to see some people's reactions when I tell them I've lost 35 pounds---you can kinda see the mental wheels turning as they process the information. Yes, their voice is expressing happiness in the news, but the eyes sometimes say something different. They tend to show pain or sadness when they reflect on their own inability to do the same, or recognize yet again how they struggle with their own weight. My success can be another reminder of their sense of failure. Most people quickly move on, but some feel compelled to make themselves feel better by adding a comment like, "Do you think you'll be able to keep it off?" or "Isn't that unhealthy?" or "500 calories! That's crazy!" We all try to protect our own emotional stability and happiness, and sometimes we do it at the expense of others. Taking ArcticShark's approach is the right way to go. Good article!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Biz, I'm so glad you posted that today!!!

It really helps me understand why people act how they do. It seems like weight loss is something everyone at one point or another is trying to succeed at. I'm sure it can be very discouraging to others watching us do it! When people see others succeeding at weight loss it takes all of their excuses away.

Now, about that Sammie....you are out of control and NOTHING is stopping your weight loss! That's all I have to say about that! So I guess the key is staying under 500 cal right?!

Crystal Lee said...

Hey hon good post today. Another idea that goes directly with Covey is the infinite and also the spiritual relm. Many people do not understand or can not comprehend that this reality that you and I are living in is not the true reality. There is a spiritual relm where the infinite comes from.
The book THE SECRET really pin points many ideas about this and you might also like books by an author named Joel Goldsmith. He wrote the Infinite Way. Very cool.

And I agree with what Marshall stated about people being so negative about this particular protocol. OMG 500 calories! That is sooo unhealthy! I smile and say well I dont feel unhealthy. So na!
LOL
Now, about that Sammie...LOL

EweWho said...

Yeah, stuff never tastes as good as our mind conceives it does.

Nothing is gonna knock you off your pedestal this round!


Yeah, Dawn did good with her post. Thanks for sharing it.

Becca said...

You had a sammie loss!I can't believe it. If it was me it would've been a gain for sure! I may have to email you with a request for help for one of my newbies. She's having much lower than expected losses, but I have to get details on her menu tomorrow...
Oh, and green beans were da bomb! I lost .6 after eating them yesterday!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online