Saturday, February 16, 2008

There Is Value In Listening To Your Body - 02.16.08 - D26P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 163.4
Today - 162.4
1.0 lb LOSS Overnight
13.0 lb UNDER LIW of Round Three (175.4)
22.0 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
88.4 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

I will explain below.

A total of around 466 calories divided this way: 17 Fat, 0 Carbs, 73 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! People, bear with us, we are not looking at Tuesday.

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Since we are on Phase 3 - let's discuss those people out there that actually have a difficult time keeping weight ON during the Phase 3 portion of the Protocol. Yes, there are some out there with this problem. Remember that Dr Simeon's said that it was just as important to keep the weight on as it was to keep it off! So please help out if you can!

Phase 3 - What If You're Still Losing???

Listening To Your Body

I preach, and I preach, and I preach - one of the biggest lessons learned on this protocol is that your body consistently speaks to you. Over and over again, we just get to the point in our lives were we tune out what it is saying to us because we think we know better.

One of the things I am finally getting down pat is this listening thing.

Yesterday, I woke up with this really strong sensation of wanting protein. I thought about it all morning, and what came to mind was the ending of my 2nd round. I had the same sensation but didn't do anything about it and it got worse and worse and pretty much made my last week on the protocol very excruciating. Yesterday, I said to myself I will not let this happen again.

I quickly went to my FitDay and figured how much ground beef I could have without going over 500 calories. With the ground beef I had I could eat 12 ounces. So around noon I pan fried some ground beef and then I munched on that the rest of the day. No veggies, no fruits, just the ground beef with a little bit of Ono Hawaiian Seasoning.

By 5pm last night, the protein craving was gone. I was completely satiated for the day, and this morning I am up, no craving and one pound lighter. Is there something to listening to your body?

I really feel like your body gives you the right signals for healthy eating. I think our "mind" takes over and tries to decide what is best, and sometimes that doesn't work. I think sometimes we let the emotional attachment to foods dictate what we think our body is trying to tell us. I believe our body wants to run efficiently but we sometimes fall prey to the emotional attachment we have formed to certain foods. I know it's been a slow process, but I am starting to figure it all out.

JPS and I have had some really deep conversations this week. I am really trying to wrap my head around this weight and she is truly trying to help me. Some of you already know this, but I will say it to the rest of you. It's like I am just going thru the motions. I get up, I weigh, I input the numbers, but in my head they are not 'mine' - I don't own this weight yet. I am mechanically going thru the routine of the day, but not really realizing this is me I am talking about.

This break I am about to take will probably be the most important break I will be taking in this protocol. I was telling JPS yesterday, that this time, this break feels different. This break is like a mission for me. The last two breaks I was on were 'play' breaks. They were the 'testing the limits' breaks. This upcoming break I feel like I did when I came off my first round. I want to be BY THE BOOK and make sure there is no 'play'.

I want to 'own' this weight until the next round. I want it to be MINE - I want to see in the mirror what a 162.4 lb person looks like. I want to look into the mirror and the person that looks back at me is ME and I KNOW it. I need time for that. What a great time for a break.

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Shelly - HA! Thanks for the nice words for my sister! And I will by all means show off this body!

Lili - Always a pleasure talking to you Ms Lili!

CB - Thanks girlfriend, I have your email ready!

EweWho - A very wise woman once said to me, "What's the Worse That Can Happen?" - well, I kept repeating that yesterday. If I don't get everything done, what is the worst? LOL - My boys would have to do it! ROFL

Mary - Good stuff that Vitamin C!

Ed & Jenn - HA! Yeah, look at me today? What is up with that??? What do I need to try next? ROFL

Crystal - So true, so true - and it's California, how wrong can I get. It's just the whole on separate coasts that is playing with my mind! ROFL

Becca - My sister's biggest apprehension was going thru the recovery process like the last time. That was min 18 months recovery. This 'new' surgery, we are talking weeks. Something they pulled on her as she was checking in the day of the surgery ... she had to sign a piece of paper that said basically that if they got in there, discovered that the 'new' surgery wouldn't work, they would have to continue with the 'old' surgery - there was no 'turning back' - she said she about died. She didn't want to go thru with it. But she stayed strong, had faith and viola came out a winner. I will have to get my sister and your friend together! My sister has been like the poster child for this process!

Vitamin C flush is basically this. When you feel the 'yucks' coming on? Start taking 1000 mg of Vitamin C every hour. Do not use the chewables, get ones with no fillers. You take until you reach 'bowel tolerance' - what that means is that you take it until your bowels become runny which means you have had enough. Do this again the next day. Do it until you start to feel better. It's worked for me twice now. And isn't it amazing that Dr S said we could do Vitamin C???

Ann-Marie - Interesting concept. I am really focusing on staying true to P3 protocol this break. And if that means every other day becomes a protein day for me, well then, that is what it means! I am finally understanding how incredibly important protein is! Hit my head with a baseball bat eh?

Monica - HA! Thanks girlfriend! My family hasn't seen me here. I was 108 when I got married the first time. Two years later I was close to 200 lbs. That is when they saw me next. HA! Yeah, I would think they are gonna flip! ROFL
Later gaters!

Biz

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Is that old beast -- you know the one, that tells you you're going to start gaining everything back -- rearing its ugly head? Or are you simply trying (like me) to get your mind to really SEE your new body as you? I think it just takes time. And I think the trip to Cali is just the thing, everyone there will constantly be telling you how thin you are -- some of that might just seep into the old brain, eh? You look great.

smacmo said...

Biz, I think as long as you realize that your mind is playing "head games" with you, and you admit that each and every day, that you CAN get your mind in the right place, and get it to see you as thin! Just be true to yourself, and yuor body will be true to you! HMMM, have I heard you say something similar about this protocol????? LOL

Have a great day!-Shelly

Ed & Jennifer said...

Nice loss today Biz! Remember I told you yesterday that today you'd pull a 1 pounder? Am I good or what?! So this whole “listening to your body” really works huh?! Gotta love it!

You absolutely need time to adjust to the new you!

I am so excited for you girlfriend!

maryg911 said...

Yes, that seems to be the same thing that anorexics suffer with is the body image distortion. They see themselves as huge or obese and become afflicted with this disorder. I am not saying you'll become anorexic but it is difficult for us to wrap our heads around this weight loss at times. I'm sure you are still in disbelief that you have successfully lost over 85 lbs!!! Ok, enough of the psychology, you just go on with ya bad self!!!

maryg911 said...

P.S. I can't listen to my body, it says "feed me Pringles and chocolate, now!!!" So I'll have to talk or yell at it to stop. It's almost like Monica said about that hairy arm coming through your stomach, you know the one from the hot dog commercial? That's what I'm dealing with now!!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online