Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oh Oh! Can You Say "NOODLEGATE"? - 02.07.08 - D17P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 167.0
Today - 166.4
0.6 lb LOSS Overnight
9.0 lb UNDER LIW of Round Three (175.4)
18.0 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
84.4 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

I am going to discuss in detail what I ate yesterday further below, but for the interest of continuity, I am going to post it here as well. Cottage Cheese and Strawberries with Cinnamon for breakfast, lunch was Spaghetti Sauce (Ground Beef, Tomatoes and Seasonings) complete with Shirataki Noodles with just a smidgen of Parmesan Cheese, two snacks, one of a half a grapefruit and the other of a tablespoon of Cottage Cheese with Vanilla Cream Stevia and Cinnamon and then Dinner was just some steamed broccoli.

A total of around 448 calories divided this way: 8 Fat, 50 Carbs, 47 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! I actually have a date! Look for it on February 15th! WOO HOO!!!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Thanks goes to Lili, Page and Mariel for filling out the FAQ yesterday! I will leave this up for a week! This time we are going to focus in on Phase 3 - Please help out if you can!

Phase 3 - The Stabilizing Period

Noodlegate

For those of you that don't remember or maybe were not around, way back when (like sometime late September) there was a big ruckus over at the HCG Dieters Yahoo Group on the subject of noodles. It blew up pretty big, and that was pretty much the dividing factor for a lot of the old timer group that caused us to pretty much make HCG2 our home.

In the interest of full disclosure, I never once came out and said that eating noodles on Phase Two was wrong. What I felt was wrong was people coming on the boards, during their first ever week on the protocol and proclaiming that this was the answer to everyone's problem. A way to stay on protocol without going full blown "cheating". I most assuredly disagree with this.

I feel to this very moment that in order to maximize losses on the protocol you need to be faithful and true to the menu. I especially feel that your first round should be dedicated to doing things Dr Simeon's way. The menu not only guarantees you weight loss, but it teaches you some really FINE habits along the way. Habits that will NOT be learned if you do it any different.

That being said, over the months, I have come to some conclusions about the 'diet' portion of the protocol. Someone recently over at the HCG2 board asked about Protein Drinks. This was an old timer and she was wondering what the justification was for people now doing "protein drinks" on the Phase 2 portion. I wrote back my thoughts, and you can see them here:

Experimenting

These things all come down to something I wrote back in November here:

Purist

After we have completed one or two rounds of this protocol, I do believe we have gained the right to figure out what our bodies can and cannot do. I am certainly not giving myself carte blanche to go willy nilly and eat anything and everything. I know with my 'experimenting' that if there is just one day it doesn't work, I know that I can and WILL go right back to eating the pure Dr Simeon's menu without one iota of a thought. I am not that attached to the 'new' foods that I couldn't listen to reason and keep trying something that isn't working.

All of that being said? I have completed 19 total weeks (plus three days) on effective injections. That is a heck of a long time being true to the protocol. I have taken this opportunity to test things now because one, I made my goal for this round in record time, and two, because I have my theories and who better to test them but on myself.

Justification?

Does this smack of justification? Who knows? We all have our perceptions, and whatever they are, they are real to us. If I didn't have the success I have had this round, I would NOT be trying these different things. Nope, I think that makes me a true believer in the program. Follow as written and you will get results. But since I did have phenom success during my first two weeks of this round, then I feel, in the interest of research, that I have the ability to do what many of you out there WISH could be done.

I have said this time and time again, that we are all "self doctoring" - we are NOT asking any medical professional to help, all we can do is study ourselves and our associates on the program and come to our own conclusions.

THAT all being said ...

Shirataki Noodles

This marks the third time I have ventured into this product. The other two times it was on Phase 3 so it really doesn't count. Are they noodles? No, far from it. Are they a good sub? Sure. They will do in a pinch. Do I want them every day? Nope, they give me a bit of an upset stomach. (For those of you sensitive to Maltitol, that is the feeling I get when I eat them) If the rest of the family was having a luscious Italian meal and I didn't want to feel left out would this do? In a heart beat.

I do have to say that I ate them with homemade spaghetti sauce for lunch yesterday and I was flat out full the rest of the day. I didn't want to eat another thing. Seriously. Talk about satiation.

Would I recommend this every day? No, the things I am testing are for "treats" or "special occasions" - things you can do when something arises and you want to partake but not look out of place, or better yet, not experience a GAIN. That is what this is all about. For some of us, the craving for something is so strong it can cause us to go completely crazy and then we over do it. But if that feeling arrives and you say, oh geesh, let me fix such and such and it will fill that need for today, then it is there for you ya know? You would know you could indulge in this little bit of sin and it wouldn't mean the end of the world.

I am in a position to test things now. I wasn't before. I was TOO anxious to get most of this weight off of my poor body. But now? It's a research study of myself. I know alot of people read my blog. I know alot of people seem to want to eat what I eat to get the losses I get. But, I keep telling you, you have to figure out what is good for YOU. Your "body" is different than mine. What may work for me may NOT work for you.

There are people out there that cannot do onions (JPS is one) - she will GAIN if she has onions. No doubt. I can do onions and lose. Does that make eating onions wrong or right? Neither, it's right for me, wrong for JPS. So don't look at me and say, hey, this works for Biz it will work for ME - you can't do that. You need to do your OWN experimenting. See what works for YOU!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Shelly - mmmm Nutmeg, OK, I MUST try it! LOL - I am loving life now with my cottage cheese, NUMMY!

Lili - Yes, friend, feeling better, everyone is doing better. I had parm cheese on my spaghetti! LOL - All because of YOU! LOL - so you better believe that if I gained I was gonna blame the parm cheese and then YOU! ROFL

EweWho - All in the interest of research, doncha know??? ROFL

Ed and Jenn - Well, I think I might try green beans today, I do love me some green beans, and I might just get brave enough to put some MOLLY MCBUTTER on them! ROFL - OMG, I crack myself up!

Wendy - So glad you are feeling better my friend! I wasn't really worried, I knew you would pull out of it! YOU GO GIRL! No, YOU'RE HOT!

Monica - You have been with me long enough to know that I have been BY THE BOOK more than not, and it's served me well. You can NEVER go wrong with being BY THE BOOK ya know?

Becca - Funny you should mention green beans. I told JPS last night that if I didn't gain, that green beans were next on the menu. LOL - I love me some green beans. So, I am again looking forward to another great day!
Have a good one Peeps!

Biz

10 Comments:

applebottomblues said...

Yup... I remember noodlegate. Dark times & I was new then. I couldn't imagine trying to deviate during the first round of P2. I definately agree with you on that. We really need to pay attention to our own bodies. I'm only planning on doing 2 rounds of P2 so I don't think I'll get to a place where I want to experiment alot, so it's nice to you try it. I'll live through you on this one! Nice work and great post today.

You are having a seriously good P2 this time around. I think I said that last P2 as well.

smacmo said...

Look at you girlfriend!!!! You are seriously rocking with yur losses! I tried the noodles too...forgot to even comment on my blog. They were ok, they will do in a pinch, like you said. Also, EVERYONE is different! Canned tomatoes kill me! That second week that I kept on seesawing, looking back it was canned tomatoes that did it.

Anonymous said...

Parmesan rocks, eh? As we have discussed in the past, this is our journey, we make our decisions.

I never tried the nodles -- I figured it would only make me crave the REAL thing!

maryg911 said...

Ahh, the old noodlegate fiasco!! It still comes up once in a while on the group but I just ignore them.
Congrats on the loss and passing your goal.
The only experimenting I want to do right now is increasing my protein, I'm not quite ready to indulge in those noodles!!

Crystal Lee said...

Heya very good post. I enjoyed reading your responses too. I have actually left the boards because I was tired of seeing so much "bashing" in there. Too much drama for me girl! LOL
It seemed alot of the "newbies" would come to me for answers and I was new myself. They would tell me, well you seem nice and that you actually care if I succeed. Kinda sad if you think on it. These "babies" to the protocol are looking to a "kid" to help them. LOL More so sad because they felt they were not getting support. Just asking questions and they would get shot down at times. I was one of the a few times.....but I probably deserved it. LOL

As far as the noodles go girl...that is all you. :) I am like Lil...I am afraid I will want the real thing. I am 100% doing every this round to protocol simply because last round was so hard for me. Well except I am eating a small amount of tuna as a snack in the afternoons to help with protein issues. But thanks for being your own science experiment! LOL Its fun to watch. :D

Ed & Jennifer said...

Told ya! I knew you would still have a loss. Okay, you keep testing the foods and we'll handle testing the drinks okay?!

Noodles, shmoodles, there's nothing stopping the Bizanator!

What a fun R4 huh?! Keep testing! You saw 166-oh yeah! I can't believe you are at the same weight (and nearly measurements) as I was when I started!

Wendy said...

Ahhhh, noddlegate.... I remember it well. At a time when everyone's "true colors" came out... Oh, "SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS" I love that about you!!! (o: he he he


Ermm... back to the noodles. You are reading a post from someone who was ADDICTED to noodles of any kind... I would make pasta 3 days per week. You know, I haven't had a bit for 7 MONTHS!!! Not sure that I really need to taste fake noodles.. They kinda sound weird and I have no inkling to even try them!! (o: (WHO said that??) Not me... I LLOOOOVVEEE noodles. Aliens have taken over my body!!!!

I am really glad that you are experimenting with other lushes
foods... YOU GO GIRL!!

LOVES!

Liz said...

Biz,
I missed your blog for a few days as I was way too busy at work. Way to go on making your goal for this round. I just got my hcg the other day and today is day two of loading. Gained 3 pounds yesterday, and it's weird.... even though I know everyone gains loading and then loses it quickly.... It still really freaked me out! It's like I have to take a deep breath to even eat anything on the day two load! LOL

Anyway... way to go Biz, and good luck on your research. I look forward to reading your blog.
Liz

EweWho said...

What can I say? You rock! Absolutely a fantastic post, but I would expect no less from you.

Tracey said...

Hey Biz...I am back from the dead! Still alive and kicking. I actually updated my blog! Don't fall off your chair. HEE HEE. So good to see those pounds fly off of you girl! GO BIZ GO!!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online