Sunday, September 16, 2007

September 16, 2007 - Day 1 of VLCD

Yesterday's Weight 213.8 / Today's Weight 214.4 / Gain of .6 / .6 over LIW / Total Gain for Beginning Round Two - 3 Pounds

Here is my menu.

Ok, looking over the menu, you will see that I didn't eat a whole bunch yesterday. The carb fest that I had enjoyed the night before ended up making me feel a bit like not eating. I started the morning with some cantaloupe, only because it's not allowed on Phase 2 and I really wanted some before I started again. I did have some crumbs that were in a bag of Ruffles that were leftover, just to see how I would like them, or not. Not so much - they were INCREDIBLY salty.

Then, around 1pm I started to drink Gin and Tonics - needless to say I got pretty tipsy pretty quickly! LOL - Dinner was my husbands lasagna, which I have to admit is pretty darn good. That and garlic bread (not so much). Then his lemon meringue pie for desert. Interesting, up until the dessert, I had no headache, and then BAM - with the pie I had an almost immediate headache. Sugar? Oh yeah!

Some things that are interesting about load. Technically - these last two days would have been my start of Phase 4 - adding sugars and starches into my eating plan. In these last two days I am only .6 above LIW - I wouldn't even qualify for a steak day yet. Does that mean I am truly 'reset'? I couldn't and WOULDN'T eat like how I have eaten over the last two days for life, but it's interesting to think that I did well adding those things in - but my body definitely rejected them! Headaches and explosions!

From my previous load I had purchased a Snickers (my fall back chocolate - about the only chocolate I like) and a package of Peanut M&M's and they have been sitting in my fridge waiting for me to do on this load. I looked at them both days and finally threw the Snickers to my daughter and told her have at it, I don't want it. I couldn't part yet with the M&M's yet tho, they are still sitting in my fridge for NEXT load! LOL

I am so thankful that this round I have this website to go to for recipes - HCG Recipes - Renee has come up with more than a few excellent recipes for this protocol, that make this thing definitely more interesting! Thank you Renee for taking the time to put together this wonderful database of great meals! I actually mixed the Orange Julius for my son yesterday and he was in HEAVEN!

So what is on the menu today? You know? I really have no idea! I was so caught up in what I was doing for LOAD that I completely neglected going out and buying me stuff for my VLCD - so JPS and I are going shopping this morning. Thank goodness for 24 Hour Wal-Marts! ROFL

And to end this post...today, I turn 45 - I don't do birthday's so I would humbly ask that you don't wish me a "Happy Birthday" - but I just think it's interesting that this is my first VLCD day and it's on the way to a weight I haven't been in DECADES. What a way to start my 45th year on this earth!

Biz

2 Comments:

Renee said...

Happy First VLCD Day! (Notice I didn't say the dreaded HB phrase?) ;)

You're so sweet, biz. You're so welcome for those recipes! I love putting them together and I hope you find a few of them that you enjoy. I'm also thrilled that you son liked the Orange Julius. My kids love it as well. I know when they give one of my conjunctions a thumbs up then it really must be good. LOL.

BizBuzz said...

Hey Renee! Thanks for the visit! And thanks for the HB thing...LOL - well today is another day eh? Oh yeah, when kids like something all things are good with the world! LOL

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online