Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 25, 2007 - Day 10 of VLCD (Round Two)

Round 2 Starting Weight 214.4
Yesterday 204.6
Today 203
1.6 Lost Overnight
11.4 Lost Since Start of Round Two (VLCD) 09/16/07
47.8 Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu.

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!!

This is my blog, and I am allowed to be snarky if I want to. So be aware, I am about to be very snarky.

[snarky] Ok, sometimes I wonder. If I see something that is working for other people, I see the results, I strive to do whatever they are doing, or at least similar. When I was first starting this protocol and doing my research, my sister sent me to the Yahoo Groups "HCG Dieters" - I found a ton more groups on the web in regards to doing this protocol, but this particular group impressed me in that they were striving 'as a whole' to follow what I had read in the Dr Simeon's manuscript "Pounds and Inches". Ok - I saw results, I saw pictures, I saw that these people were genuinely working together to provide similar results in doing things the way Dr Simeons had outlined, or at least very very close.

Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out why people are wanting to make this a fad diet. It's not a fad diet, it's a medically proven program that if followed will give results across the board, no matter how little, or how much you have to lose. The group has become what Dr Simeon's so plainly put in his manuscript:

The most tiresome patients are those who start counting Calories and then come up with all manner of ingenious variations which they compile from their little books. When one has spent years of weary research trying to make a diet as attractive as possible without jeopardizing the loss of weight, culinary geniuses who are out to improve their unhappy lot are hard to take.

I am getting quite tiresome of reading posts that describe the various ingenious ways of adding things to the eating portion of this protocol and touting it as the end all answer of doing this thing correctly.

Before I get flamed, I do know that there are things that I am doing that go in direct contrast to Dr Simeons - for example, I take my shots SC, I tried SubLingual applications, I took a 3 week break instead of 6. But I don't tout for one moment changing the diet portion of this program. I feel that there is a difference in technology that allows the administering of the HCG differently than in his day - and I also feel that Dr S based the conclusions of his research on the lowest common denominator that would work for each and every client and provide success. But I don't think the "food" portion of his diet should be messed with.

I posted the following at the HCG2 Dieters Group yesterday:
Now that I have some time to truly digest this topic, let me add something else.

Why is it that we want to add to this protocol the "comfort" foods that we are so desperately trying to get rid of cravings to? Pasta is a comfort food plain and simple. I can't help but think that Dr S not only picked the foods he did because of their chemical balance, but also to teach us how to survive on not eating certain things. The man was a pure genius, and he didn't just deal with our physical bodies, but he dealt with psychological aspects also. So what if all of this was groundwork he used for us to get UNUSED to eating certain types of foods?

Let's talk Dr Atkins for a minute. Most of us have tried the low carb diet, and most of us know it works beautifully. Dr Atkins had his formula down back in the early 70's but because of various pressures along the way he had to change his diet to 'fit the times' - so much so that his organization before he died was doing all the low carb "comfort foods" - and really, if you ask me, that was the downfall of low carbing. When you start adding in all the fake stuff, you are no better off then you were when you began. If you cannot control your intake of "junk food" - no matter how they package it, then really, you will be back in the same boat you were before you even began.

I know it sounds contradictory to what I posted before, but I got to thinking, even if I could eat this "zero" calorie pasta garbage, would I want to? Would I want to get my cravings back for foods like that? I cannot express how grateful I am that I am "CRAVING" bananas instead of chips. That I could make my famous pizza dip for my family last night and not wish I had some. That I don't find myself wishing for a big
plate of spaghetti, but instead look forward with eager anticipation to my Thai Cucumber Beef Salad.

Would I be in this place had I tried this "zero" stuff? Honestly, I don't think so. I don't know because I didn't do it, but I do know that because I didn't do it, I am in this place. Did that even make sense? It did in my head.

So THAT my friends is my story, the one I am sticking to.

This is how I feel. I don't know how much posting I will do over at the HCG Dieters board anymore. It seems that the new folks on there are looking for a simple and easy way out of this obesity problem. My fear is that they will not learn the valuable lessons that Dr S wanted us to learn about our cravings and attachments to food. I do feel strongly, especially if you have hundreds of pounds to lose, that you must do what is right for you. But please don't come off as the expert and tell everyone else it will work for them too.

I am saddened by this. Truly.

As a side point ... any product that tells you that you will have to watch your intake of something because it might give you the runs? Um, NO THANKYOU. God gave us NATURAL things to help MOVE things along. I don't need to eat pasta to become regular. [/snarky]

That all being said - WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT LOSS??? WOO HOO!!! I cant believe I am 10 days into the program and I have losing at this rate! Good for me!

Yesterday? I was EXTREMELY hungry - and nothing was satiating it, not my water, not my food. I told JPS that I wanted to go ahead and up my dosage today to see if that helps. So this morning I took about 166iu - let's see if that helps the hunger. This hunger thing is for the birds! I thought it was just a fluke on Friday with hunger, but again yesterday got me to wondering. I was also very fatigued - towards the afternoon I really didn't want to do anything.

Ok, so is this immunity? No, don't think so. Is this part of ending my menses (which finally STOPPED THANK YOU VERY MUCH)? I don't know. Could it be the fact that I lost 1.6 pounds over night? WHO KNOWS??? Is it because I only took a 3 week break? I TOLD YOU I DON'T KNOW!!! The only thing I know to try is to up my dosage and see if that works.

So I will let you know my progress.

BTW - Renee from HCG Recipes says she will be posting my Thai Cucumber Beef Recipe today!

Whew, I have spent too much time on this this morning, I have things to do so I must bid you adieu.

Biz

6 Comments:

Amie said...

I'm sad about the HCG Dieters situation too... I haven't had time to read much on the boards lately so I've been a bit out of touch. I hope that the people in question realize what a detriment their choices are going to be if they continue to change the VLCD. I don't see the point of trying to blaze trails when there is a SIX-LANE FREEWAY already leading directly to your destination! *sigh* But anyway - awesome loss! You rock, Biz! ;)

BizBuzz said...

Thank you Amie! I am going to probably be weaning myself away from that board, it causes my blood pressure to rise! Oh well, stay tuned deary as there are very good things on the horizons, and we might just have a NEW home to go to! LOL

I can't wait for you to get started Amie! Anxiously awaiting your stats!

Unknown said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you.. I myself have stopped reading and posting on the HCG Dieters group. It is sad to see all of these new people and there thoughts about how this could work better if I tweak it just a little. I miss all of us original people that are now going through various 2nd and 3rd rounds. I myself am in my 2nd round of Phase 2. I am down 9 pounds in 10 days which is wonderful. I almost down 40 pounds total from my original start back in July.

What people don't understand is Dr. Simeon's was on to something. If you follow the protocal to the letter you will really learn what your relationship with food really is. I know I have learned this and I am still learning. This time around it has been much easier.

I love your blog, your pictures, the fact that you are not charging for you information that has worked for you and lastly your REALNESS to get the CORRECT information out there.

What people need to understand is this information is FREE. You should not have to pay someone to give you the quick fix answer to how the protocol works. Part of the process is to search and find the solutions that will work for you.

Ok I will get off my soapbox now.

Thanks again Biz!!!! You rock!! Keep up the Loss and sharing it with us.

Wendy said...

Like Amie I haven't had a bunch of time to read what is going on over there but, I do agree with the attachement issues... I too have learned a great deal about my addicition to food. I am a carb-o-holoic and don't think I would want to start messing with any food remotely close to pasta! Hence the reason I am only eating vegetables and protien.

With that said, GOOD JOB on your BIG loss!!! Keep it up Biz!!

Lisa said...

Biz-

You're awesome! I wholeheartedly agree about the food portion of the diet! You have been an inspiration to me! Thanks for blogging and keeping us updated!

Lisa
http://fromfat2fab.blogspot.com

BizBuzz said...

627627 - Do I know you? Tell me who you are! HA! Thanks for the encouraging words, I really appreciate it! We are all sharing this journey together that is for sure! And if you follow a winner you usually end up winning yourself, and Dr S sure was a winner!

Wendy! I just love your pics on your blog, did I ever tell you that? You are doing so incredibly well. I remember when you posted your pics, I was talking to JPS and I told her, go look at the girl in the blue bikini! And we start analyzing your loss! That was so much fun! I was thrilled to think I might just look JUST LIKE THAT soon!

Lisa! Thanks for stopping by and the encouraging words! I really appreciate it!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online