Saturday, September 29, 2007

September 29, 2007 - Day 14 of VLCD (Round Two)

Round 2 Starting Weight 214.4
Yesterday 201.6
Today 201.2
.4 Lost Overnight
13.2 Lost Since Start of Round Two (VLCD) 09/16/07
49.6 Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu.

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!!

THIS POST MIGHT BE TMI FOR SOME!!! READ WITH CAUTION!



HA! This is very melodramatic! Look at that, I had a talk with my body and my body didn't listen. Well at least it gave me a compromise. So I guess I am needing to learn PATIENCE! OMG! I thought I learned patience the LAST round! I was 21 days, COUNTEM, 21 days in my 220's - 21 days to lose 10 pounds. Did that not call for PATIENCE???

Perspective Biz, perspective. Keep the faith. It will happen, it's going down, it's NOT going up and it's NOT stalling. I tell you what is happening. My body is going to make me work HARD for this 50 pound/under 200 milestone, make me APPRECIATE the SACRIFICE it took to get there, yeah, that's the ticket. It's trying to make me feel the pain. HA! YEAH BABY! I feel it already!

HA! Ok...I am over it.

So the researcher in me wouldn't let it go. Why think of me any different? I kept telling people yesterday that this whole 'down' feeling felt to me like PMS - weird because I just finished my menses on the 25th (Tuesday) - why would I feel like PMS symptoms already on Thursday and Friday? So I did a little surfing.

This site was posted over at the Yahoo Group a bit ago:

Estrogen Dominance

Very interesting site on our Menses. Very educational. I noticed over the last day or so that I am ovulating (I wont tell you HOW I know, but women, you know HOW I know). So this could definitely be attributed to the slowdown I am experiencing. Notice what this says:

The time from the beginning of menstruation counting forward to ovulation can vary tremendously from 8 to 14 days.

Since that is true, let's count from my first full day of menses which was the 18th (the Tuesday before I stopped) to my remarkable slow down - 10 days - right on the money! Let's see what Dr Simeon's says about ovulation - Under the Section Title "Interruptions of Weight Loss" and the Sub Title "Menstrual Interruption":

The fourth type of interruption is the one which often occurs a few days before and during the menstrual period and in some women at the time of ovulation.

Well, I am definitely SOME WOMEN - so this applies to me. Isn't it really wonderful that this man was such a genius and he pretty much spelled it out plainly? We women are so attached to a stupid number on a scale that we need to be reminded that we are a fine tuned baby making machine whether we ever use that function in our bodies or not. We have to deal with the cycle that happens and go on through life.

Did I need that little pick me up? Um, yes, after all, I am only human - I talk the talk to everyone else, but geesh, I am still a woman! I have my perks! I have my down moments and sometimes I need to be reminded how this is truly a MIRACLE and let it happen!

Ok...that is enough for me. Tired of feeling ick and ready to feel good again.

Let's see, what was my food yesterday - do you believe I actually forgot to eat one of my fruits yesterday??? JUST PLAIN FORGOT! What the heck is THAT about? I had my Creole Catfish again for lunch, LOVE that stuff, it is so comfort food for me, and then I had my Thai Beef Cucumber Salad for dinner.

A bit of sadness for me in the blog community yesterday - A fellow blogger and HCG newbie, along with her family decided that HCG wasn't a plan that could work for them. I was saddened by this news and quite frankly was at a loss for words. I wish them success in their journey to health, but because I want to keep my links on my blog directly HCG related, I feel I must remove their link from my list. If you visit, please understand that I wish you and your family the best in your journey to health!

Ok...tomorrow is guess what???? PICTURE DAY!!! MEASUREMENT DAY!!! I am excited, how about you???



Biz

5 Comments:

Renee said...

I noticed a definite slow down the last time I was ovulating as well - even more so than during my period.

At least you're still losing! You're doing great, Biz. Looks like we're both crawling to our next milestone. But at least we both KNOW we'll get there. What other 'diet' plan could we say that on? NONE! Go us!

Harmony said...

Biz, I gotta tell ya, the blogger family that has given up, I wonder about them being trolls. The reason that I say that is because there are quotes below their blog that are all the negatives that are available about hCG, including that Simeons himself said that his book was not a do-it-yourself primer and that the FDA doesn't approve it for weight loss. At the top of the page, it stated that they were doing an "unbiased" test of the protocol. Now, who among us has felt the need to put that kind of statement at the top our blog? No one!, because we didn't have a hidden agenda to discredit the diet, as in my mind, these folks seemed to have had. Nothing about this blog seemed credible to me and it looks like it was set up from the get-go to be a record of a failure. That's just my take on it.

Wendy said...

Biz, we can stall together!! I do have faith that we will be loosing again soon and we just have to stick it out! I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy!!

~W

Kim said...

Biz, I am the stall queen! I found myself wondering if cooking our fruits or vegetables makes a difference. Yesterday, instead of having my usual "raw" apple, I made Renee's Apple Crisp. Yum! Well, I only went down .1 over night. I am not ovulating, just got over my menses, and stayed right on all day. The only difference was the cooked apple and some ZSweet. Well, I have had many other days where I've stalled, and didn't cook my apple. Who knows, I was probably ovulating on those other days! Anyway, the Apple Crisp was great to have as I went apple picking with my boys yesterday and didn't get to eat the homemade apple doughnuts.

Kim

BizBuzz said...

Gosh, I am a little bit behind in my thank yous! So sorry folks!

Renee - thanks for the reasoning points. It helps even now for me to hear that others have the same issues with certain bodily functions!

Cindy - Thanks for your thoughts on the subject, it turns out that I am in contact with one of their friends and they are for real. It saddened me that is for sure, but I had to realize that this is not the protocol for everyone. Onward and upward I say! Thanks for the visit!

Wendy - sticking it out and having faith in the program will always be our saving grace! Thanks for the visit!

Kim - interesting thought about how we eat our food and whether that translates to our success in losing. Last round I was pretty anal about watching trends in my eating and such but this round? I simply don't care. My thought is this, if Dr S got a better result from us eating things RAW he would have told us. By golly, he told us everything else! LOL Thanks for the visit!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online