Monday, September 17, 2007

September 17, 2007 - Day 2 of VLCD

Round 2 Starting Weight 214.4 / Yesterday's Weight 214.4 / Today's Weight 211.4 / Loss of 3

Here is my menu.

My meals for the day included Frank's Chili (you have to be a member of YahooGroups to see the recipe) - and while it was tasty (a bit too spicy, even for me), I was shocked to find out the calorie count when I entered everything into fit day. Let me copy and paste what I wrote on the YahooGroup this morning about this:

Yesterday for my first day of VLCD, and for my first meal, I decided to make Frank's Chicago Style Chili - when I entered my food into fit day I was a little shocked at the calorie counts and wanted to let people know
some things.

Since we are to one veggie and we try to dress it up as much as possible, please be aware that there are calories in spices. For example - For Frank's Chili he calls for the following, and this is what the calorie count is for each:

1 tbsp chili powder - 24 cals
1 tsp cayenne pepper - 6 cals
1 tbsp cumin - 23 cals
1 tsp pepper - 5 cals

So as you can see, I added 58 calories in just spices alone to my meal. That can add up in one day and you might could go over the 500 calorie limit without even knowing.

Here are some other spices to be aware of:

1 tsp garlic powder - 9 cals
1 tsp onion powder - 8 cals
1 tsp oregano - 5 cals
1 tsp paprika - 5 cals
1 tsp curry - 8 cals
1 tsp ginger - 6 cals

Just something to be aware of if your really counting calories for this protocol.

So, other than that little bit of information, I had an uneventful day. Except for the fact that I lost 3 pounds - so anything after this is pure gravy! LOL - how about that, I lost all of my gain in one day.

JPS and I were talking a bit yesterday evening - we both feel differently this round then we did last round. The appeal of food pretty much disappeared during round 3. We were just as "not hungry" yesterday as we had been on Phase 3 - food has definitely lost it's hold on me it seems.

Ok, what is with this weather??? It's September and I have to make sure my kids have sweaters to go to school this morning??? I don't usually do the 'switch' over until October sometime???

Ugh, my back is hurting - heading to the chiropractor this morning.

Have a great day people!

Biz

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online