Saturday, April 19, 2008

50% Raw Challenge - Day Five Completed - Success!!!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +4.0
Overnight 0.0

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: leftover steak and shrimp
Lunch: super salad with bagel and cream cheese
Dinner: chicken wings with mustard sauce, fruit salad
Snacks: green smoothie, cottage cheese and mango and strawberries

A total of 2397 cals divided: 112 fat grams (42%), 172 carb grams (27%), 181 protein grams (31%)

Challenge Totals:
Total of approximately 63 ounces of food eaten - 34 ounces of it was raw! YES! I met my goal again!!! I made it to 53% raw yesterday!


Well finally, my gradual climbing in weight over the last few days STOPPED. Geesh, ever since the french fry night, I couldn't seem to do anything right. That's just wrong. That is all I have to say about that.

There are a couple of new blogs out there that could use a little of our community love:

Phat Lady

Lyndsay

Pay them a visit and give them a little support. It's our duty, as so called 'veterans' to make sure we let the legacy live on!

Two weeks from today, it will be our first injection for our 5th and final round, I seriously cannot WAIT!

Something else exciting ... in my journey through cyberspace in researching the whole raw food lifestyle, I have come across a whole grass roots movement, and have become very familiar with names that keep popping up. Angela Stokes, Karen Knowler, Norman W Walker (when you have some time, look him up and read about this guy, he is simply amazing), Dr Joel Fuhrman, and Kristen - these are just a spot on the map of all the people that are sharing their knowledge and research about living the raw lifestyle. Just a couple of days ago, Kristen paid my blog a visit. How utterly cool is that? She is larger than life in the industry and she came to my little ole blog and commented. That just about made my day.

Green smoothies are still a very big part of my life. I found myself desiring one today, more than anything else. I couldn't wait to get home from our outing this morning to make me one. They are simply just delish. I really cannot tell you enough how good these are. I hope that if you haven't already tried them, that you will give it a shot. Regina (EweWho) and I were chatting the other morning on how we might add be able to add these smoothies to our P2 regimen...well, one can hope! ROFL

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Shelly - no worries darlin, just try to eat more raw, I am sure you do alot of raw already don't you?

Mary - Did you send me an email yet? Did I miss it?

Becca - sweetie, don't use the word fail, you know how I feel about those negative words! LOL - You found what works for you and I say GO FOR IT. You gotta do what you gotta do. My only encouragement for any of this is to offer some better choices for people. I know how hard it's been for me to make sure I got a lot of raw into my body, and I found something that works, and like anything else, I want to share it with the world, ya know?

B - It's about time you showed off your picture! I have seen it before, so I knew what you looked like - you are a most beautiful woman!

3 Comments:

Burcu J said...

Hey lady,
Doing good, you started to get addicted to those smoothies huh.. ;) Thank you for your compliment about my pic. you've seen me b4 on yahoo but not everybody did, I was around 210 pounds there now I am 204 ;) It's exciting, thank you for your love and support.
XOXO

maryg911 said...

Mmmmm, smoothies!!

Hey, I did send it but I'll check again and resend it if necessary!!

Thanks again for your support and your ingenious idea of "egg" days. It really worked for me and I can not thank you enough for coming up with such a brilliant idea!!

Love ya, take care!!

Becca said...

I guess if you can get over the green color of the smoothies that's half the battle! Let me know what you and JPS come up with for R2 and maybe I'll give it a whirl!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online