Friday, April 11, 2008

Logical Decisions

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +1.8
Overnight GAIN 0.8

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: Mock Danish
Lunch: Ground Beef with Lettuce, Salsa, Cheese and Sour Cream
Dinner: Oopsies with grilled hamburger
Snacks: pepper jack cheese, pepperoni, vienna sausage, small salad with blue cheese, ground beef patty with hidden feta cheese (yummy)

A total of 2216 cals divided: 168 fat grams (68%), 20 carb grams (3%), 151 protein grams (29%)

Logical Decisions

It's amazing when you are not in the throws of TOM how your brain can work logically. I came up with a decision yesterday morning which I am quite happy with.

I know that I came up with a plethora of reasons why I was determined to make it down to LIW before I started my next round, and well, I got to thinking yesterday morning how I might be setting myself up for failure.

You all know that I set my goals as something that is reasonable. I don't think my wishes to get down to LIW were reasonable, especially with the never ending fact that my weight for almost an entire month was hovering at 170 while I was in California - I do now believe that I set myself a new set point, and that for the last three weeks of being home, I keep coming back to that number. Easily I might add.

I went over some of my round first four round numbers, aw come on, you know I enjoy doing that! And this is what I found. That even if I start my next round at 10 lbs over my LIW I should be able to get that off with in a week, maybe two - ok, so what that I might only lose a net 5 that cycle, that would still be most awesome, and then I wouldn't be in this predicament again. I would continue after my planned interruption at a decent weight and then start almost immediately losing weight that was never lost before.

So with all of that in mind, I am now considering my LIW at 170 - I will strive to not go over the 2 pound mark, just like in a real Phase 3, and if I happen to go below, way below, I will consider it a bonus and move on.

I know I will receive alot of I TOLD YOU SO's from the community, and well, quite frankly, I deserve them. All I can offer you is that Aliens had invaded my soul and I wasn't thinking clearly.

I have already reflected that decision in the above numbers. And I have taken off my weight graph. So bear with me people while I attempt until May 3 (1st injection of 5th and final round) to stick pretty much to Phase 3 - I will strive to be a model student this time!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Mary - Well, things have taken on a new look, what do you think?

Becca - You crack me up with your security word thingies. LOL Weather is simply GORGEOUS!

B - TOM is leaving! YEAH! Things can get back to NORMAL!

7 Comments:

maryg911 said...

Hey, as long as you're not beating yourself up about it, I think that's awesome!! Unlike myself, I probably be banging my head against the wall asking myself what is wrong with me!!

Liz said...

Hey Biz... You're doing terrific! Just think of ALL the weight you have already lost! It is AWESOME!
It's easy to start beating yourself up about a gain.... most of us are very emotional about our weight...so naturally, when things don't seem to be going the way we want, we start stressing over it....and stressing isn't the right answer. But you know that.... and now that the aliens have gone away...LOL things will be much calmer. I think your plan is a good one.... and when I start stressing again.... please remind me to let it go! :) Have a terrific day!

beachbrights said...

Yes Biz, sometime you have to let it go. You are still my hero and the lessons from this P3, will serve you 10x over in the future. It's nothing but a thang!

XOXO-

Becca said...

Well I think that is an incredibly sensible decision. I'm sure it has taken a weight (pun intended) off your shoulders to not have that extra few pounds to contend with. As you would say, "It's just a thang"!
So go on with your fresh start and make this next round a great one!

And yes, I crack MYSELF up sometimes too! LOL! I don't have a vanity plate on my car and probably never will, but I do enjoy reading them. So I can always spot words or phrases in the letters. I think there was a game show on for a while where you had to figure them out. I probably would have been good at that game!

Burcu J said...

You been the the greatest following through with this protocol while some of us was constantly cheating and all.. (ME) Whatever you decide on we are right behind you and supporting you my friend..
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Where is our BIZ!!!

Amie said...

Hey, hey Biz!

You know ... this post really said it to me. I've been wondering how (the *#$&*#) to lose this 10 lb. before my next round, but the truth is that I weighed 165 for a few years before Eddie and I got serious. My weight was pretty stubbornly set then, and it's no wonder that's where I'm at now. If I don't happen to lose it right away before this next P2 then no big.

You have inspired me yet again, m'dear. ;D Thanks!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online