Friday, April 18, 2008

50% Raw Challenge - Day Four Completed - Success!!!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +4.0
Overnight gain 0.8

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: plain yogurt with blueberries, peaches, mangos and strawberries
Lunch: green smoothie with a leftover piece of grilled chicken
Dinner: grilled shrimp, steak with huge kick butt salad with everything in it, grilled asparagus
Snacks: green smoothie, one glass of wine

A total of 1909 cals divided: 73 fat grams (34%), 155 carb grams (30%), 158 protein grams (33%)

Challenge Totals:
Total of approximately 80 ounces of food eaten - 50 ounces of it was raw! YES! I met my goal again!!! I made it to 63% raw yesterday!


Another day down on my challenge. I am starting to figure out combinations of my smoothies that I really enjoy. For one thing, adding the blueberries into the mix is a very good taste. And did you know that blueberries are a super food?

Yes, I know, I need to focus in on the super foods. That will be a task for Monday. Have I mentioned how incredibly BEAUTIFUL it is around these parts recently? Oh my, the sun is shining and I am spring cleaning and life is good.

I am up actually EARLY today! Let's hope this lasts! I love the early morning, it's like the only thing that exists in this world is me for a few hours. No phones, no children yelling "I'm Hungry", no kids knocking at my door, no responsibilities!!! This time is MY time. I have been missing my time, now if only I can get my body BACK into this mode consistently I would be THRILLED!

Oh, and don't worry about the gain? My grilled shrimp and steak were incredibly salty and I haven't 'gone' yet this morning. And I also weighed in a bit earlier than I have been. I am trying to get back on a schedule!

Thanks for hanging in there with me!!!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Becca - there are those old habits that seem to want to pop up every once in a while, ugh. I am paying for it that is for sure! Thank you SO MUCH for that bagel site, I am on that like white on rice! I haven't tried it, but I will be ordering some, I absolutely LOVE my bagels!

B - Thanks B! I will be, I know!

Lindsay - I followed you to your blog and posted something there. I have heard of some giving shots only 3 times a week, and I have heard that it does work, but I am sold on the daily injections with one skip day like Dr Simeons stated in his book. If you have any other questions feel free to write me ok?

4 Comments:

smacmo said...

Look at you go! I am inspired! But I think that I will be missing the challenge, only because I can't add figuring out another new thing to the mix right now. i need to get my training life into a routine, then mix it up a bit! But I plan on living vicariously through you!

maryg911 said...

Yes, I love "my" time, too!! Keep it up, you're doing so great with the smoothies!! I completely understand about the not "going". I'm going to email about that interruption deal.

Love ya, take care!!!

Becca said...

Biz, way cool that you're doing so well on the raw food challenge. I have decided to not worry about that during P2. I have my routine and it works well for me. I usually have my veggies raw a couple of times a week but the rest of the time, it's already in the soup or it's steamed broccoli. My fruit of course has been just a raw apple in the morning and the last few days, a glass of wine at night. So I'd fail at the challenge for sure!
And if you do order those bagels I'd be very interested in hearing about it. If they're good I'll get some for when I'm DONE!
I'm glad to hear your getting back to your early morning routine. More power to you! I'm NOT a morning person but on the few occasions when I am required to be up early, I also love that feeling of being alone in the world...

Burcu J said...

Hey lady,
Its nice that you are happy, feeling good and enjoying those smoothies.. Thats whats its all about.
Love Ya :)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online