Tuesday, April 15, 2008

50% Raw Challenge - Day One Completed - Success!!!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +1.2
Overnight LOSS 0.8

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: coffee with half and half, cottage cheese with mango/strawberries
Lunch: ground beef, blue cheese and raw hazelnuts
Dinner: greek salad, chicken stir fry
Snacks: 1.5 green smoothies - coconut bark - raw broccoli with blue cheese dressing

A total of 1842 cals divided: 91 fat grams (44%), 144 carb grams (29%), 123 protein grams (27%)

Challenge Totals:
Total of approximately 67 ounces of food eaten - 37 ounces of it was raw! YES! I met my goal!!! I made it to 55% raw yesterday!


I am SO THRILLED! I am gonna tell you right now, these smoothies are FILLING! I am sipping on one right now - not as good as the one yesterday, but I am experimenting, and so wanna try different ones until I settle in on some that I like the best:
  • 6.8 oz apple (skin still on, but cored)
  • 5.8 oz pear (skin still on, but cored)
  • 3 oz spinach
  • 1/2 cup plain all natural yogurt
Now this one, in comparison to yesterdays, made a TON more - I could fill one of my glass water glasses yesterday with what I made, today, it looks like I will be able to fill this same water glass TWICE. I think I will like the ones made with banana a lot better than the ones made with yogurt, but like I said, I am experimenting.

I wanted to get into "SuperFoods" today, but I am running out of time. Now that spring has sprung, I am finding it harder and harder to get computer work done. I want to spend all of my time outside! And I just haven't gotten my clock regulated back to Eastern Time since I got back from California. I am used to being up at like 4am and then there is plenty of time for me to work on my blog, but lately, I have been getting up at around 5:45am - 6:00am, just in time to wake the kids and get them going, and my day too!

I am just gonna have to figure out a better schedule. I miss my profound posts. I miss my blogging alot. I have so much to share inside this head of mine, and the time just keeps escaping me - give me time to figure out what my spring / summer schedule is gonna be like. I will get up to par, I promise.

Even at over 1800 calories, which is my BMR (with sedentary activity), I lost .8 lbs. What do you think about that? I am thrilled!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
JLO - Oh yeah, raw spinach!!! Do you have any idea what that is doing for your VISION???

Liz - Drop me a line when you get a chance and I will lead you thru the process of putting the link on your blog! Excellent!!!

B - LOL - hey, like I tell my kids all the time, all I want you to do is TRY!

Becca - Yeah, I am starting to keep more and more raw veggies around here just to snack on, they are SO good! I need to discover some new, cool dips for them, got any suggestions?

Mary - Thanks girl!

Jan - Hey, you can do the challenge while on P2 as well ya know? You don't have to do smoothies, but you can concentrate on 50% of your food being raw, what do you think?

4 Comments:

Burcu J said...

You are doing great my fried, I will try ok. ;) I also was wondering if we can have some fat free or %2 plain yogurt during P2 instead of cottage cheese?? Any comments on that?
XOXO

Becca said...

Hey you did great at 55% Woo Hoo! And down .8 to boot! What could be better than that? Maybe more of the same tomorrow?
As far as dips go, I think you'd be much better at that than me. I'm soooo boring. I could just eat ranch dressing with EVERYTHING! I miss it when I'm on P2...

smacmo said...

Hmmmmm, I may be up for the challenge? Or at least adding in a smoothie or 2. What GREAT results you are having, girl! Keep it up!

Liz said...

Biz, Please email me (elizkamb@yahoo.com) and I will try to link the raw foods button. I am traveling this week though, so not sure when I will get to it. Good job on your 55% Woo Hoo for you and your awesome results!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online