Friday, April 4, 2008

Descending!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +6.4
Overnight Loss 0.6

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: Coffee with Half and Half, went to Paneras and had their version of a Skinny Latte
Lunch: Blackened Chicken Blue Cheese Salad from Zaxby's
Dinner: Steamed Chicken and Broccoli from the Chinese takeout, plain
Snacks: During the day I snacked on about 12 ounces of leftover grilled hamburgers, piece of coconut bark, and some WINE

A total of 1896 cals divided: 61 fat grams (29%), 37 carb grams (7%), 179 protein grams (39%), 50 alcohol grams (18%)

Descending!

Lookie there, I was only trying to maintain yesterday, yet I still lost! What is THAT about? I said I would stick to strict Atkins Induction levels yesterday, and some EVIL TEMPTRESS out there decided to convince me to drink a glass of wine, so I did. And then I did again. She is EVIL I tell you. But still, it was a great loss for not planning on it! I didn't want a bounce back from doing the Fat Fast, so it worked as far as I am concerned! Today? I am missing my fruit, so I think I might do a mostly fruit day until dinner.

I have to share with you a story about my trip on the airplane with my daughter while we were traveling back and forth to Cali last month.

Most of you know I am phobic about flying. But I knew deep down in my heart that I had to remain calm for my daughter. I didn't want her to develop any unnatural fears of flying, at least caused by me. Now keep in mind that this was the 4th time my daughter had been on a plane, but the first time that she really remembers the experience. The other times she was 3 months, 18 months, and then at 4 years. This time she was 8.

So trying to be a good mom, before we got on the plane I had described to her the different sensations she would feel, telling her like it would be as if she was riding one of the rides at the fair (which incidentally, she does not enjoy!). On our first junket, we flew from Charlotte to Atlanta - maybe a 45 - 50 minute excursion, so a pretty quick lesson on take off, landing and turbulence in the air.

She was so funny to watch, so much so that I was not as panicky as I have been in past times. Each time something would happen on the plane, I would tell her why it was happening, why it was important that it was happening, and this seemed to work. Until our descent into Atlanta, when she pretty much screamed out "We're Going Down!!!"

It was loud mind you, and although it wasn't a frightened, horrified scream, it was still a scream. If you didn't see her body language as she was saying it, you would assume that this little girl was petrified that the plane was falling out of the air!

I pretty much laughed, which put the people around us more at ease that I had control of the situation, and then proceeded to teach my daughter some airplane etiquette.

Mommy: Baby, you don't ever say on a plane "We're Going Down" - some people on a plane (MOMMY ESPECIALLY!) are very scared about riding planes, kinda like how you are scared of spiders, and if they hear those words, they imagine all kinds of dreadful things happening!

Daughter: But mommy, we are going down, look outside the window, I can see!

Mommy: Yes, you are right baby girl, but let's choose a different expression ok? Something that doesn't sound so scary ok? How about we say, "We're Descending", because that is what we are doing when we are in the process landing the plane. When we take off it's called ascending, and when we land it's called descending.

Daughter: Ok Mommy ...
Fast forward to one of the most incredibly BAD landings I have ever experienced in my life, and I have flown quite often. It was so bad that the particular plane I was on, which was scheduled to carry passengers on to Salt Lake City after the Atlanta people got off actually ended up staying in Atlanta. As we were pulling into the gate, the head steward got on the loudspeaker and proceeded to announce that there was a 'change in plans', that everyone was going to be required to leave the plane at that time.
Daughter: Mommy, I didn't like that descending!

Mommy: Believe me when I tell you baby girl, that mommy didn't like it either. That is NOT how they usually go!
Conclusion to the story is that I had to ease her mind to get on the plane again, and our flight from Atlanta to Sac was without incident. She braced herself for the landing in Sac, thinking it was going to be the same, and the pilot landed that plane like he was landing in butter. So no fear factor for my daughter. AND, she did say "We're Descending"!!!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Marshall - oh no, not while on HCG should you do this trick, I guess I should have been MORE clear. I think people should realize that, as we are not supposed to have ANY oils while on the protocol, you think?

Mary - Thanks for the heads up about the YahooGroup Mary - I will go post there today. I am just starting another round and you are finishing up one. We will get on similar schedules yet!

Becca - Curiosity was the only reason I asked. It's funny because JPS and I have totally different ideas about HCG - I guess the paranoia in me thinks that this will NOT last forever (our ability to get HCG) and I don't want to use HCG as a crutch to maintain weight. JPS on the other hand is like, if I have to 3 or 4 times a year take a 3 week break of eating what I want to lose the excess I might gain, I will do it. And I am like, um, NO WAY. So it's just perspective.

Amie - how incredible is it to have you back among the bloggers!!! YES! Lots of new faces for you eh??? This is a GREAT community!

Karen - YES! Look at you too! Coming out of hiding! I will be paying a visit there today!

Liz - you have to do what works for you. I keep telling people that this is a mind game, plain and simple. If you can work out a schedule that works, all you have to remember are these rules.

*You MUST have 21 effective injections, after that it doesn't matter when you stop.

*If you break for less than 14 days, then you MUST go directly into VLCD with no gorging. When your break is over, you start your shots, and that very same day you do VLCD.

*If you break for more than 14 days, then when you go back to the shots, eat normally for 2 days and then start VLCD.

If you follow those rules, you will be ok.

B - I am the so wrong person to ask about working out and VLCD. I know alot of athletic people are waiting until they are done with the protocol to tone up. They feel that its counter productive to try to exercise while on the protocol. YMMV

3 Comments:

smacmo said...

Biz, OMGosh, I LOVED the story! But of course I LOVE my 8yo daughter too. They really are hilarious!
Great job losing yet again!

Liz said...

Hey Biz,
Great story. I can relate.... I have an 8 year old daughter too! She has flown a little with me and doesn't seem to mind. But I do remember her once, quite loudly asking "Mommy, what do we do if the plane wants to Crash?" I said, "We pray baby!" She quite inocently says. "Oh...ok"

Burcu J said...

Hello,
Cute story :) I knew you were gonna keep losing lady,keep up the great work.
Enjoy your weekend

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online