Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Trick Worked!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +7.0
Overnight Loss 1.0

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Fat Fast Items: Coffee with Half and Half, Cream Cheese, Natural Peanut Butter, Tuna, Mayo, Coconut Oil, Cocoa and a Pickle

A total of 1002 cals divided: 88 fat grams (78%), 18 carb grams (6%), 31 protein grams (13%)

The Trick Worked!

I told you folks I had another trick up my sleeve. I am hesitant to tell you about it, only because it should be used only in the direst of circumstances. If you do some research on it, you will find that there is a lot of negative press about it. It's not fun, it's hard, harder than the protocol if you ask me, but it can work.

Only use it with discretion.

Again, this is something that I found worked while I was doing Atkins and would have those weeks and weeks and weeks with no loss, you all know those times I am talking about. The diligence of following a plan, no deviations, and to wake up morning after morning with no loss. That was discouraging.

In Dr Atkins original book, he mentioned the "Fat Fast" - if your an old Atkinsite, you will remember this, but it most consisted of cream cheese and mac nuts. VERY BORING. Over the years, it has been modified to be a bit more palatable. Still, it is NOT easy to do this. It is NOT fun. But it does work, as you can see, I finally got to see the 160's for the first time in over a month. That feels good, I have to say.

Here is a description of the "Fat Fast".

Here are some incredible modifications for it.

So it worked, what do I do now? I am gonna concentrate on a "maintaining" day today, but I will be sticking to Atkins Induction levels, don't want to introduce too many carbs into my system too quickly. Tomorrow? I will do another "Fat Fast" and will see where I end up on Saturday.

I have been asked some questions about why I want to get down to LIW - or as close as possible before I start again. This was a mutual decision between the girl I do this with offline. We had already discussed making our 5th round our last. We were gonna go until the HCG tells us to stop. That is our PLAN anyway. How we decided to do this is to do it in short 3 week rounds with 10 day breaks. Being that this is the case, we both want to be at least CLOSE to LIW because there is no wiggle room until we are done. Every pound loss is going to count, and we cannot gain anything in between. We don't want to spend half the time losing just what we gained. We both feel that 4 lbs over LIW is acceptable, but not 8 lbs over LIW. 8 lbs would take me at LEAST 6 days to lose on HCG, if not more, and with only 21 days on HCG, well, you see the dilemma.

We did however both agree last night that our first injection for round 5 will be on the 12th of April. We did decide that we would both actively work on getting our weight down as close as we can until that date, and come heck or high water we were gonna start. So we established a deadline. Doable I feel.

Any questions? Just ask ok?

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Shelly - HA! It worked! Today is strict maintaining! Thanks for the support!

Mary - I am sure it's a number of things, and since TOM still hasn't shown up, I might be able to see another drop soon!

Becca - Do you understand a bit better why we wanted to wait? This will be our final round. No more traveling plans, no more long breaks, just gonna go until done. Question for you Becca - if you are not discipline enough to do the 'strict dieting' how on earth are you going to maintain after goal? Will HCG be a part of the rest of your life? Just a thought. Hope the egg day worked for you!

Jan - Do you understand a bit better now why we are wanting to wait until we are closer to LIW? We can't have this attitude that the HCG will be the answer each and every time. We spend too much time losing what we gained, when that time could be better spent in losing what hasn't been lost yet. Wait, did that make sense?

Hazel - thanks for the support! I think I shook things up a bit yesterday! YUP! That is the way to show this body who is boss!!!

Jenn - actually getting back into my routines of waking up at 4am! LOL - Being that I ended up at 170, which was the weight I was almost the entire time I was in Cali, not losing on the egg day proved that it was a set point for me and that I needed to do something that my body hadn't experienced for along while. Shock it into fast ketosis, and that is what I did, get that fat burning back up and RUNNING!

B - thanks for the support my friend. Yes, you knew I had something up my sleeve didn't you??? And once again, the Bizinator comes thru! LOL

7 Comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that's interesting! I had forgotten about that trick, and it seems to have worked for you. I don't think anyone should try it while on HcG, though...just while trying to get to a certain weight before starting a round using HcG.

maryg911 said...

That sounds like a good plan of action. It makes perfect sense to try and get back down to LIW before starting another round. I was in that same boat when I started R3. Best of luck to ya and keep us posted.

Hey, they were asking for ya on the HCG2 yahoo group yesterday, don't know if you want to stop by and drop a line about how you are doing.

Love ya, take care chica!!

Becca said...

Hey, that was quite a trick! The egg day worked for me . Actually quite well in fact. I was probably retaining a little water because I was down a whopping 2.6 lbs overnight. I'm only 5.6 away now.
So you and JPS will be a week behind us huh? I'm sure you'll make your goal by then now that you've broken through that stall...
And no, I don't want to keep having to go back to HCG for the rest of my life. Although it is comforting to know that it will always be there if someday I may need it again. I just plan to utilize the egg day in a more timely manner plus I plan to do P3 the right way once I've lost all the abnormal fat. I really feel that if I can succeed in eating correctly on P3 that I will just automatically stabilize and won't fluctuate much. I take full responsibility for the fluctuations I've had because I DIDN'T follow P3. I am going to get mentally prepared to think of still being on the protocol for the P3 phase and will just bring up my calories and fat intake to the correct amount for my BMR/daily calorie needs level.
Thank you for asking that question because it really made me think about the rest of my diet free life. I think I will post some of this on my blog once I have a chance to think it through a little more.
I can always count on you to keep me honest!

Amie said...

Sweet! I'm not so familiar with Atkins .. but whatever works, girl. I think I may have another hcg'er in the works, too. I was explaining it to a good friend of mine this morning who just wants to lose like 10 lb. for bathing-suit season. Spreadin the word... spreadin the word... ;D

xoxo! Amie

Karen M-M said...

You know you are just amazing! I would never have thought about Ketosis, but it makes sense! I'm glad things are working out for you and I too, plan on very short rounds. It's just easier and gives my body a rest. the last round was just too long and I really didn't benefit any great losses in that last 2 weeks. So I think the 21days with 10days in between is a good thing.
Now, we MISS you on HCG2!!! Stop back in and stay awhile!
regards
Karen M-M

Liz said...

Hey Biz,
You are so dedicated to figure out all this stuff and then share it with all of us so we can refer back to the "Biz's bag o' tricks" when we need them! That is AWESOME! So what are WE 2nd generationers going to do when you are all done and gone Biz? I think you need to write a book! Heck, I would buy it! LOL

Ok.... so I have a question, because I was thinking along the shorter HCG rounds too. I know I have only gone through one P2 so far, but in that 43 days, I noticed my dedication waining toward the last 2 weeks and not much loss because of the cheating coming up more.... then not even not adhering to a good P3 right away. And I can always "tell" myself ... "Well Liz, that's just because of all the emotional stuff I had going on in my life during the end of P2" But in the end.... that's just a bullsh** excuse,because ultimately, If I'm not responsible for what the heck I put in my mouth, then who is?
But anyway, I was thinking of more like a 30 day stint with 4 weeks between. I also noticed that I injected every day without taking the 1 day a week off in my P2. Which was just a mess up. I reread the protocol after I finished P2 and discovered that I had forgotten the rest day. So... If I were to do a shorter 30 day stint, would I still include a rest day? Also, do you think that is an ok plan with the 4 weeks off, or do you think it would still need to be longer? Please let me know your thoughts! You're the best! :)

Burcu J said...

I had no doubt that you wouldn't make it happen anyways :) congrats on that loss and keep up the great work.I am sure you will come down to your LIW before the next round. I started to work out and I am gonna continue during P2 ( which I am starting on monday) I hope it doesn't effect my losses. I will just do mostly lifting weights to gain some mucles and just 30 min walk a day. Any advice about working out? do you know anybody who worked out during P2?

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online