Thursday, April 17, 2008

50% Raw Challenge - Day Three Completed - Success!!!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +3.2
Overnight gain 2.2

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: broccoli salad
Lunch: bagel and cream cheese, chips and salsa
Dinner: blue cheese salad with broccoli, spinach, pecans, evoo and balsamic, grilled chicken
Snacks: left over pizza, french fries, pepperoni, beer

A total of 2333 cals divided: 119 fat grams (45%), 167 carb grams (28%), 68 protein grams (11%)

Challenge Totals:
Total of approximately 50 ounces of food eaten - 27 ounces of it was raw! YES! I met my goal again!!! I made it to 54% raw yesterday!


No green smoothies yesterday, :( - and I went a little nuts on eating some french fries last night, and I am assured that this is the gain. I didn't even like them, it was one of those "no one else is gonna eat them so I should because I don't want them to go to waste" things. It was awful, seriously, I don't know what I was thinking, and I knew I would pay for it today, and I did. Sadly. UGH

Drinking lots of water today and I intend on getting at least two green smoothies in for the day. Actually as I write this, I have already gotten one green smoothie down, so all I need to do is come up with another one.

Only time for an update today. I have a new program that hopefully will allow me to get back on schedule with my blogging, but it will take a few days to get used to it. So give me a bit of time to get that under my belt and I should be back to normal.

Normal? What is that?

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Jan - yeah, isn't it amazing that we already eat the raw, just think what we are eating in raw with the fruit alone!

Becca - thanks girlfriend!

Tracey - I am so sorry that you won't be able to join the challenge with us. But I'm sure there are people out there that would love to be able to have a clean out every time they ate raw. LOL

B - my point exactly! Yes, I believe that if we did eat more salads that the fiber that you get from eating it will benefit you.

Shelley - just let me know what you want to do about the raw food challenge as I'll probably be doing it another week. So you can join in!!! It will be so much fun!

Mary - yeah, I ate a bagel yesterday! Actually, I have been eating bagels for awhile. And believe me when I tell you it wasn't the bagel that gained the weight, it was in the demon french fries!

3 Comments:

Becca said...

Hi Biz, too bad about the gain. I thought you were getting so good at stopping when something isn't tasting the best, but we obviously still need some work in that department! LOL!
Hey and about bagels, have you tried these yet?
http://www.kimslightbagels.com/

I saw them online but haven't tried any yet. I'm curious...

Burcu J said...

Hello,
Fries will do that to you.. Its all good my friend, you keep on sipping on those smoothies you'll be just fine lol.

LindsayLoo said...

Do you take shots everyday? I am talking to a clinic that gives you three for a week. Is that normal? :)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online