Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Topic is TMI - TOM is in the Building!

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +9.4
Overnight LOSS 1.6

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs in butter
Lunch: one can of water packed tuna with mayo, 2 hard boiled eggs, spinach, tomato, red onion, sf relish
Dinner: grilled chicken, squash and onions, green salad with crumbled blue cheese and blue cheese dressing
Snacks: some monterey jack cheese, a leftover pork chop and some coconut bark

A total of 1830 cals divided: 127 fat grams (62%), 22 carb grams (4%), 149 protein grams (34%)

GEESH! FINALLY!

I actually feel like my life is on an upward trend, and not my weight! This has been a pretty excruciating two weeks waiting on TOM to arrive. When he arrived, in the middle of the field trip (a WALKING field trip mind you) was a bit more than I wanted to deal with yesterday, but I dealt with it, he is finally here, and now, he can leave and I can return back to normal.

First, about the field trip - we went here - Charles Towne Landing - when I left yesterday morning, I didn't know it was supposed to be a walking field trip. I honestly didn't know what it was. This place was closed down in Charleston for years and only recently reopened so I had never heard of it. I thought it was closer to the river and we were gonna see some ships and cannons and stuff, but it was a spot inland where the settlers of Charleston had landed and started forming this city. There was LOTS of walking involved. There was a history trail, an animal forest and a museum.

With TOM arriving almost within one hour of our trip, the rest of the day walking really played havoc with my back. OUCH - since I hurt my back in Jan of 2007, it gets very tender during the first few days of TOM and with all the walking yesterday, and not wearing the correct shoes, well suffice it to say that I was down for the count as soon as I got home.

Actually, today will be a day of being lazy. The cramps are strong, they will be today, and today will be the worst of it.

Thanks for hanging in with me while I was a little crazy over the last two weeks. Now that TOM is here, I know that I will be able to better focus on things like blogging, weight loss, getting back to LIW - all these things WILL happen, I have no doubt.

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Lili - HA! The problem was I was an hour away, in an auditorium of 1000 people and I looked for something to savor, and do you know that not one person had any chocolate? It was like the whole place was on some sort of health kick. So you know that made me even angrier. LOL - what, we worry?

Ewewho - Fun? That is a loose term I tell you! The kids had fun, and I put on my best face while I was with them. So that is important, that the kids had fun.

CB - you and me, we have been chatting back and forth since yesterday about this. I will be posting my thoughts in coming days. And thanks girl, all of this community is the pillar of which my foundation with this protocol is set.

Jenn - as you know by now TOM finally showed up, geesh. On the field trip no less, what is up with that?

Mary - how can this dorm school phenomena happen across the internet? You, me, Jenn, I wonder who else??? Geesh!

B - Looking forward to seeing your progress in subsequent days!

6 Comments:

smacmo said...

Biz, poor thing! Take it easy today,. I feel your pain sista, on the back thing! Nothing worse! On another note, my brother is a "silly dale" grad and my SIL is a Charleston girl. I love Charleston!

maryg911 said...

That is funny!! But at least TOM is finally here (bad timing though) and hopefully it will be a very short visit!!! Yesterday was pretty tough for me, luckily I was home to deal with it.

Enjoy your lazy day, you deserve it after yesterday's ordeal.

Love ya!!!

triplejtb said...

Should all be down hill from here Biz...(weight that is )...lol
Jan

Becca said...

Oh man, I hope you can get plenty of rest and don't strain that back anymore. I always had problems with back pain when TOM came to visit, back when I still had to deal with that little devil!
Good to see your weight correcting itself a little. And it will continue downward I'm sure, once tom leaves the building!

Burcu J said...

Hey Biz,
Sorry to hear about your pain. I know how it can get. Hope you feel better and congrats on your loss. ;)

Liz said...

ahhhh the old "walking field trip!" LOL well, it sounds like there was lots to see and hopefully the kids didn't do you in too badly!

Have a nice relaxing day today Biz. Rub your feet with some aveeno lotion.... It feels great! and don't let TOM get you down too much!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online