Saturday, April 5, 2008

My, My - Isn't That Interesting?

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +8.0
Overnight GAIN 1.6

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: Skinny Latte from StarBucks, banana and some grapes
Lunch: Greek type salad with Italian dressing and feta, grilled tuna melt made on those oopsies
Dinner: Grilled porkchops, huge salad with blue cheese and blue cheese dressing
Snacks: Orange, coffee with half and half

A total of 2007 cals divided: 111 fat grams (49%), 118 carb grams (21%), 119 protein grams (24%)

Interesting

I find it very interesting, not that I gained because I fully expected that, but that I gained to exactly 170 - wow, that is simply interesting. Don't you find that interesting?

Let me tell you WHY I gained.

  • I added too many carbs too soon after the fat fast
  • I ate LATE last night. My eating time is usually before six, and I was eating up until 8pm
  • Grilled - and usually when we grill it's my husbands job, and he is a saltoholic - didn't take that into consideration and so didn't get enough water with dinner.
  • Speaking of water, I was only at 1.5 liters yesterday.
  • Haven't 'gone' in two days.
All of the above can account for the gain, so ask me if I am worried, um, NOPE.

Ok, this wishy washy dynamic duo (JPS and I) have decided to wait to start our 5th round. As of yesterday morning, we had completely forgotten about our commitment to a weekend function held in Augusta during Cinco de Mayo weekend. This function is something my husband is a part of, and yes, it's alot of fun and it involves the whole family.

We had three choices:
  1. To start the protocol as planned on the 12th of April, and we would be on protocol during this function - in fact, the last day of the function would be our 21st day on protocol - ok, so we decided this was not an option.
  2. Start the protocol earlier. In order to be able to eat the scrumptious foods that would be available to us FOR FREE all weekend long, we would have to start the protocol Monday (two days from now) - something we were both not ready for at all. So, scratch number two.
  3. Wait to start the protocol right after the function, and we both agreed that this was a choice that we would take.
So our first injection will take place on May 3rd. And when working with the calendar we figured out our breaks right thru the summer and all the way to JPS starting school again. She was hoping to be done with the protocol by the time school started up again and it looks like she will be, lucky dawg.

Anyway, so that is where it stands. Our next round begins May 3rd.

My goal is still to get as close to LIW by the 12th of April, I am still on a mission. And I believe it's very doable, if I would just be MORE careful with what I am doing eating wise.

I have a convention this weekend, so lots of sitting and lots of driving. I am quite sure my little 'set point' will prove to be handy and that I will probably stay at 170 during the entire weekend.

So asta la vista baby!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Shelly - HA! I am surprised how many of us have 8 year olds out there! Thanks girl!

Liz - And you too! This is really a neat age, I just love it!

B - Thanks! Oops, I gained! Nothing but a thang!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're not freaking out. 1.6 - no biggie. My take:

Alcohol dehydrates the body. If I drink any while on protocol (and I only drink at night) I'm always down a little the next morning, but then back up the following day. Add to that alot of sodium and you've got some water retention going on. That's how I interpret it. You should be back down a little today.

Your plan sounds wise -- and learning how your body maintains is really important! 'Cause this is not just a diet, this is a CURE, right? And, despite KT's claims, we can't go right back to what we always ate. Or we can, but need to listen to our bodies and stop when we no longer have hunger, not when we're really full.

I see you examining your diet, what causes your gain and loses, and that is so smart. Every body has different reactions to different foods. IMHO obesity is a disease (or technically a syndrome), and we are fixing it both physiologically and psychologically.

OK, enough rant. Kiss your little punkin for me!

maryg911 said...

Hey Miz Biz, first let me apologize for forgetting to comment yesterday, but I did read your post.

I think you two have a great plan of action and I may be joining you around that time as well for my next round.

Glad to hear you're not sweating it about the small set back, you'll fix that in a flash!!!

Love ya, take care!!

Burcu J said...

Hello Lady,
No big deal, and I am glad you are not worried about it, Water Water Water is the key as you already know..
Have a good one :)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online