Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Huh? A Set Point?

Get my updates via eMail: Subscribe to The Progress of Biz

LIW +8.0
Overnight Loss 0.0

Here is my menu for the day before - this is what I ate:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with shredded cheese, Coffee with half and half
Lunch: 2 eggs hard boiled mixed with mayo
Dinner: 2 eggs over easy, coffee with half and half
Snacks: cheese

A total of 952 cals divided: 74 fat grams (69%), 12 carb grams (5%), 50 protein grams (23%)

Ok, in all my experience of doing an egg day, I have NEVER EVER gone from one day to the next without a loss. That is about the weirdest thing ever. I am wondering if all that time I spent in California hovering around the 170 mark has reset my hypo to obey that weight? Geesh - I am NOT giving up! NOPE! There is a way to combat this, I just KNOW there is!!!

Today will probably be another modified protein day. Proteins with veggies.

JPS told me last night she is now of the opinion I was at when I got home from Cali, that I wanted to be as close to LIW as possible before we started our next round. We both said right before she left the house last night that being within 4 lbs will be sufficient. If either of us get there before the other, we will wait on each other. So, since I had already had the mind set that we were most likely gonna start this upcoming weekend, I want to lose these additional 4 lbs QUICKLY! I am finally ready for my next round! WOO HOO!!!

I am wondering if no loss on yesterday's egg day has anything to do with TOM lurking? I swear, I was in some serious pain yesterday, and yet, NO TOM. I have had cramping since Saturday and NO TOM. What is up with that? I just KNOW that once he shows up, I can make some headway with this weight. I have been at 170 since Sunday morning. No matter what. It has to be TOM - geesh. Someone send him my way please?

I have to find another trick - break through this barrier.

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Shelly - Aw, you poor thing, but guess what girlfriend? I will still be doing the protocol then, so you will still have buds! And new ones are showing up all the time!

Mary - Ok, you should have full access now. Check it out and see. Round 5? Whenever JPS tells me I can start! ROFL

Becca - Oopsies are a great alternative to bread. Indulge? I have done quite enough indulging for now, I will probably be eating just regular. ROFL

Jan - Strong and determined to not start my next round without getting closer to LIW - who wants to do a round just to lose weight you gained? How much fun is that? ROFL

B - First time since I discovered the egg day that it didn't work for me. It's a really good kick start to awesome weight loss, but alas, this time it didn't work. I think TOM is the culprit.

Jenn - blah blah blah - you got to goal, why do you need us now? ROFL - who loves you baby???

8 Comments:

smacmo said...

Biz, I am thinking that you are at a set point too. If you aren't down any tomorrow, what about trying a fresh friut day? I truly believe that it's all about confusing yuor body!

maryg911 said...

I don't think you're at a set point, I think its just water retention, so I'm sure you lost yesterday but you're just holding onto that water. I think we are both waiting on TOM now, that S.O.B.!

You'll be fine, try some B vitamins, they act as a natural diuretic, just a suggestion.

Love Ya, Take Care!!

Becca said...

So you won't start this weekend if you're still more than 4 lbs over your LIW? I guess I see your point that you want to be closer so you don't waste the HCG on losing the same pounds over again, but you have to lose them one way or another and I'd just as soon get going on the round because it forces me to stick to a strict menu. I'm evidently not disciplined enough to manage the loosely labled "strict dieting" that Dr. S. said would be necessary to bring your weight back down if you don't do the steak day immediately.
So for me, it's HCG! And I will be starting injections on Saturday...

BTW, I'm going to try to stick to an egg day today, side effects be dammnned! LOL!

triplejtb said...

Hi Biz

Why are you doing this to yourself...you know HCG works for weight loss....you are ready for the next round...why are you waiting????? Who cares what weight you are at when you start it? I can see if you don't want to start Phase 2 until TOM has come and gone....that makes sense if TOM gives you alot of problems...but how does withholding HCG make sense when you are trying to lose weight?

---Jan---

The Hopeful Cynic said...

Biz you so rock.

I think your body is hanging onto that 170 mark like I hang onto the remote when hubby wants it. Well we'll just tell that body who is the boss! Besides, you've never seemed to really hit a set point - at least as much as I can tell from what I've read. Perhaps it's just water water water and maybe doing one VLCD day, just to mess with your hypothalamus?

Thanks for all you do on here and for your great inspiration to newbies like me.

xo Hazel

Ed & Jennifer said...

Um, you are mean but I know you love me! For the RECORD-I need all of you I just don't want to have to stress that if I don't do my blog everyday ya'll will start calling the Houston police! LOL

I'm anxious to hear about tomorrow's losses (wink, wink)! I know you'll lose. But now there's something new to think about: will you lose because of your new "experiment" or will you lose because you didn't lose today from your egg day? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.....

BTW, what time are you waking up these days?

Ed & Jennifer said...

ROFL Becca! Don't you love her?!

Burcu J said...

Hello,
Well, I know u will find another trick lol.. no doubt :) I am sure TOM has major effect on our body, once u get rid of that you will see a difference on the scale, I always feel like I retain water A LOT during TOM. Probably, thats your problem too.
Hang in there
XOXO

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online