Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 13, 2007 - Day 14 on Phase 3 (R2)

Yesterday's Weight - 188.4 (remember, my sister's scale!)
Today's Weight - 189.4
Gain of 1.0

WOW!

Thanks out to all of you that continue to read my little ramblings while I am on vacation! I still cannot get my own laptop to work with the wireless here so I am kinda lost working on someone elses computer, so please again, bear with me.

I am feeling SO OUT OF THE LOOP! I want to read everyone's progress, but I am so enjoying my time away from the computer at the same time! I tried to get to a few blogs yesterday morning, but my sister and husband get started so early with this volunteer business, I had to pack it up and GO!

I played cheauffer for my sister yesterday afternoon. My sister suffers from an eye disease called "Fuchs Dystrophy" - it's slowly making her completely blind. She is legally blind now and cannot drive, but she still can see a bit. But she mostly sees in double and triple. It's a hard thing she is dealing with. She is getting it taken care of with cornea transplants and such, but it is a hugely long process. So anyway, we went galavanting all over Baton Rouge yesterday - and can I just say that Baton Rouge is completely HUGE! OMG! This city is for miles and miles! We handled alot of errands that she doesn't usually have time for so that was nice that I could help her.

At the volunteer site, they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. And usually it's quite a spread. We ate breakfast and lunch there, and then dinner at home. Dinner wasn't until after 8pm, so I am sure that is the reason for the weight gain. But here is my menu for the day:

Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, cheese, mixed fruit with nuts and coffee and
milk
Lunch: MOUSAKKA! (OMG! This was DELISH!), salad from the
salad bar with all the fixins! and ranch dressing
Midafternoon Snack: Strawberries
Dinner: CAJUN SHRIMP!!! I kinda went overboard on the shrimp
last night, OMG, they were so delish! And spicy! And my regular
salad with my regular dressing. Oh yeah, and a BEER!

I am over estimating, because there is NO way I can accurately count what I ate yesterday in FitDay, so I am gonna say I had about 2000 cals. 120 was from fat, 92 was from carbs, and 110 was from protein. I really didn't eat large portions, all except for the shrimp, I kinda gorged myself there! ROFL

Ok, I hear them stirring in there, that means my time is done for today. Again! Thanks for continuing to be a part of my life while I am on vacation.

NOLA TODAY! WOO HOO FOR ME! Did I mention we are SPENDING the night there??? HA!

Take care everyone! Until next time, have a beautiful day!

Biz

7 Comments:

Amy's Blog said...

It's so wonderful that you are able to help your sister. I hope the transplants will help. Gosh, I love mousakka. I assusme you are in
cajun land, so it's funny to think of greek food. Good for you in getting a lot of vegetables!! I hope the weather is great. Thanks for a wonderful post.

Amie said...

Sounds like you are having an awesome vacation - good for you! Eddie and I want to go to Mardi Gras someday SO bad. I just want to explore, because I was born and raised up here north of the Mason Dixon... I lived in AZ for a few months once, but I don't think that counts! lol

Thanks for the update, Biz!

Crystal Lee said...

Hey Biz glad you are having a great time and getting to spend some precious time with your family! I hope your sister has a quick recovery and the transplants help. Site is such a gift and we really do not know until it is gone. I will put her on my prayer list.
Okay so I am going to have to look up Mousakka...never heard of it. It sounds interesting!!

Take care!
Crystal :D

Crystal Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Burcu J said...

Hello Biz,
It's nice to hear that you are having a great time. I'm sure your sister's transplant will work. About Mousakka, Its also a turkish food called MUSAKKA. My husband loves it. I make for him all the time. I also make different salads from eggplant. He is crazy about those also. Well enjoy your vacation. Thank you for keeping us posted :)

Wendy said...

Greek food is a speciality of mine... As my husband is second generation American... HE HE... It is actually spelled moussaka... I have a great recipe that was his Yia-ya's (grandmother)... (o: I agree with Amy that it is funny you are eating Greek food in cajun land!!

It is so nice that you are there with your sister! I hope you are enjoying the time away from home and thanks for posting even though you don't have your computer!!

cherylk said...

Hey Biz!

Glad you're having a fantastic vacation! It sounds wonderful!

I'm sorry to hear about your sister and her eyes. I will also put her in my prayers. It must be so nice for her to have you there to help and share things with!

Ok, all of you.. I want this moussaka recipe!! (yes that's you B and Wendy!) You're making my tummy growl. :)

Have a fantastic time, Biz, and don't worry about any of us! You think about you for awhile! :)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online