Friday, November 16, 2007

November 16, 2007 - Day 17 on Phase 3 (R2)

I just completely skipped yesterday didn't I? You have to understand something about my sisters internet connection, it pretty much is the pits. Sometimes it's there, and sometimes it's not. Well, yesterday was one of the days it was not. So I couldn't post, sorry about that.

I have made a decision to not worry about the scale the rest of the trip. My sister showed to me yesterday that her scale is not that accurate! LOL - oh well. My eating isn't all that bad, so I am not gonna worry about it. I am going on another round starting on the 26th so whatever is gained while I am here, if anything will be lost immediately on that round. Que sera sera.

Let me post some of the things I have been eating since we last 'spoke'.

Let's see, Wednesday I was still in NOLA and the woman whose house we stayed at woke up and made homemade bisquits and local honey. OMG - had to have ONE! Then we went out for some Greek Food for lunch, had a Gyro Plate, again, leaving more than half on my plate. Had hummus for the very first time in my life. Interesting stuff! LOL - so then we came back to Baton Rouge that day, and all I ate that night was a little leftover chicken the Relief Center had and a piece of some leftover crawfish pie that I had brought home from NOLA.

Yesterday, had some eggs for breakky with a small piece of pumpkin pancakes, which ended up tasting like cardboard, so I didn't bother eating what was put on my plate. Then OMG, we went to this restaurant for lunch, Sammy's Grill in a little town called "Zachary" and it was FABULOUS! I had grilled catfish and etouffe! With a little side of Cajun wings! It came with a salad that had a dressing that was to die for, green onion garlic parmesean. Geesh! These Louisiana people sure know how to eat some food! LOL - Last night it was another piece of crawfish pie (can you see a pattern here???) and some cheese and wine. I made some feta avocado salsa for my sister and she was in heaven, and had some of that too.

To go back to the scale thing again, I stepped on it like 5 times today to see what I weighed, and 5 times it came up with something different. So, we are not gonna even go there. This is my vacation. I am eating things I never EVER get to have where I live in Charleston, SC and I am not worrying about it. I have a cure for weight loss that I have never had before in my life. And even if I gain 20 pounds for some unknown weird reason while I am here, I have faith in knowing that I will be able to remove it again. And then next time, my P3 will not include a trip to NOLA! ROFL - I am not gaining 20 pounds mind you. I stepped on the scale today and of the five times I used it, the highest weight was only 4 pounds more than I first used her scale on Monday morning. So - all things considered, it's not all that bad. Keep in mind that last night I didn't eat until after 9pm - this eating late thing is really for the birds I gotta tell you!

I do have to say this though, and this is quite interesting. I notice that after consuming non P3 items, like rice, milk, flour and such, I am developing sinus issues that I have not had since before I started this protocol in June. I am having a lot of mucus, sniffing and snorting, and yesterday, I had a slight headache all day. Before this protocol, I used to rely on Ibuprofen three or four times a day! So what does this tell me??? I am not going to be able to eat like this in the future. Food like this will become special occasion stuff only. My body has really started to talk to me in complete sentences! ROFL - I actually don't WANT to eat like this if this means I feel like this! My body is craving GOOD food! Not to say that what I have been having is not GOOD food, but you all know what I mean ... don't you???

Well, it's time for me to go. I hope everyone is having a wonderful time. I have to say that I do miss everyone! I can't wait to get back to my regular routine!!!

Biz

6 Comments:

cherylk said...

Hey Biz!! We miss you, too! You really make NOLA sound like a food connoisseur's dream. I'm not sold on the crawfish, though. Don't they suck on the head's or something? hehe

I'm glad you aren't worrying about the scale and just enjoying your trip. You do sound like you are being very sensible and not just jumping off the deep end! Have fun! :)

Crystal Lee said...

Hey girlie! Yea I second Cheryl...we miss you too! :D I am glad you are having fund and not letting the food or scales stop you. Its not worth it and you have the healthy attitude you will lose it again. :D

Your sis' scale sounds JUST like mine. I have to weigh in like 5 times to get an "accurate" reading...if that. But this morning it hit the nail on the head the first time. I do need to fix the scale.

Talk with you soon!
Crystal

Amie said...

Hiya Biz! Miss you!

Your trip sounds too fun so far - I'm still all in for Mardi Gras next year... we'll see how that goes. lol

Eat (sensibly), Drink (in moderation) and Be Merry (!) - then come back to us with all of your sunshine and rainbows!

Amy's Blog said...

Smart girl to not worry about the scale. And everything you're eating is reasonable. Imagine having just one biscuit! And only half the Gyro plate! You're doing remarkable! You're starting on the 26th? I'm just surprised as this is after T-giving. Although it doesn't matter because any weight you gain will be GONE likety split. I could lose weight with crawfish pie (ick! lol), but not with most other things you mention.

I'm intrigued by the references to relief centers... I'm guessing maybe that you / your family is involved in volunteer work. I BOW to you & them. It's OK if I'm wrong as I'm used to that (lol).

As for the rice/milk/flour reaction... there's a test for this. I know because I have it ;-) Typically, rice doesn't cause such problems. Statistically, it's either the milk, flour, or both. If you end up pin pointing a food as a problem, you can always rely on alternatives: gluten-free breads & milk alternatives (e.g. almond,soy milk).

Thanks for another wonderful post.

Burcu J said...

Hello Biz, We sure do miss you.. I post about my first loading day and my injection today. Check it out whenever you get a chance. Forget about the scale and enjoy ur trip. Maybe you can post some new pic of you and your sister when you come back :)
Have a great weekend ..

Tracey said...

Biz..glad you are enjoying the food down there...no way could I be in Cajun Country and not savor the flavors. Cajun is right up there in my book. So glad you are enjoying yourself...and yes, we have found a way to resovle a few lbs that might be regained. Enjoy..

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online