Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 18, 2007 - Day 19 on Phase 3 (R2)

Good grief, in typing the title to today's post, I am in disbelief that I am almost 3 weeks into my R2P3 break! A week from tomorrow I am gonna start my R3P2!!! Actually, after this week? I am most certainly READY to start.

I wrote something to my good buddy Ju this morning, I am gonna repost it here - just to preface, we were chatting a bit about the maturity learned while on this protocol:


I sure understand about maturity on this thing. This week has taught me a lot about making wise decisions about my foods. And like you, yes, I want it off, but I want this to be a life long change also so now my expectations are a little different. I have a means that has never before been available to me to lose this weight, somewhat easily I must add, so my mindset has changed a bit.

I have made sensible decisions about my eating this week. Things I would never do in the past. I watched myself purposely last night at this large bbq we went to. I only went thru the line once ... not like me ... I looked at each of the dishes and asked myself, do I really want a taste of that ... again, not like me ... instead of my plate being heavy with foods, it was just a sample of this and that ... one more time, not like me ... and what is even more spectacular is that I didn't even finish what I had on my plate ... HA! This is the NEW me!
I really feel like I have grown, and this week has especially proven it. This is no longer a race to see how fast I can get it off. It will come off, I know it. No more worrying about it ya know?

Well, I can't stay long, I am packing up and heading out today. It's gonna be emotional for me and my sister. Oi vea, I hate this goodbye part. But we are supposed to see each other again in March/April to go to HAWAII! And I should be SKINNY MINNY by then! WOO HOO FOR ME!

Anyhoo - let me comment to my commentors before I head out:

Crystal - Isn't it funny how our view of "snacks" have changed? Just yesterday, I saw a "Smoothie" shop, and on a whim I asked my sister, do you want a smoothie??? LOL - ME??? A SMOOTHIE??? Where the heck is the chip and dip? French Fries and MILK SHAKES???? HA! Who is this alien in my body? HA! Try banana's and peanut butter girlfriend, even BETTER!

Amy - It takes special kinds of people to do what these people are doing. It's truly amazing. And banana cream pie? Had my fill! I am so over banana cream pie now! ROFL

Regina - Thanks for the visit darlin'! I think the closer you get to goal, the more your cravings change. Really, I am serious! Look at me wanting a SMOOTHIE! ROFL

CB - Like I said to Regina, I am sure things change the closer you get to goal - give it some time, this was a long time coming for me!

Cheryl - Believe me when I tell you that things do change. You just wait! It's really quite amazing! Another thing I realized at the BBQ last night was the fact that I took MUCH longer to eat than normally. It used to be that I scarfed things down, like I was afraid someone was gonna steal my food. Now I enjoyed the company, the conversation, and yeah, the food too, but it wasn't the focus, KWIM???

B - Yes darlin'! I miss ya'll too! I am so happy you have started, today should be your first VLCD eh? Keep the faith! You will do WONDERFUL!

Ok, here I go! Next time I am with you folks, it will be in Tallahassee!!!

Biz

6 Comments:

Tracey said...

Biz...Your post is sooo right on as to where I am right now. Something just clicked in my brain when I was on the last week of P2. Like everything just fell into place. Isn't it neat..hope it stays for us! It is like a peace and a calm inside our spirits!

Your rock girl! As does everyone else here!

Burcu J said...

Helloo, Thank you for finding a time for us and keeping us posted. Enjoy your day. See ya :)

cherylk said...

Hey Biz! Thanks for taking the time to respond to us, even when you're going through such an emotional day! I always cry when I have to say goodbye to my family. It's so hard!

And thanks for keeping us posted on your eating. I'm also one that used to scarf everything down. I hope that changes! Thanks for the advice :)

Crystal Lee said...

Hey girl thanks for staying on contact with all us folks online even though you were on Vacation. :D We would really miss ya too much! :D
So yea PB and banana is one of my all time favs but I have not eaten bananas yet on P3. I felt I was gaining too much. LOL Now, I dont care! I will lose it all next week and then some. Bring it on! :P

In fact that sounds like a yummy snack after breakfast. :D

Have a safe trip hon!!

Anonymous said...

Hawaii??? I wanna come!

Wendy said...

3 weeks! You and I are on opposite schedules, girl! I was just telling hubby that I can't believe it is midway of round 3! I am glad you are taking a couple of days to come home.. It is always so hard saying goodbye. Have a safe trip and thanks for keeping us posted~

XOXOXOX
~W

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online