Friday, November 2, 2007

November 2, 2007 - Day 3 on Phase 3 (R2)

Last Injection Weight - 187.4
Today's Weight 189.4
1 lb Gain From Yesterday
2 lb Over LIW

Here is my menu for yesterday.

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!!

Have a question? Please fill out my one question survey here and I will be answering it soon and creating a FAQ page!

HA! What do they say? Be careful what you wish for? You just might get it! Well, it looks like I am on my way to my first steak day! HA! How incredibly funny is that??? Last P3, I just sailed on thru, this P3, not so much!

Oh well, I need to do one so that I can become an authority! Nothing beats experience eh? I am not mad, I am not sad, I am actually like, hey, this is kinda cool, I might get to do something that will AGAIN put another nail in that coffin about this protocol. Let's see if THIS works like everything else he says.

What did I eat yesterday?

Breakfast: Coffee with Half and Half, Pumpkin Sernicki and a Banana
Lunch: Leftover London Broil with Leftover Avocado Salsa thingie on Lettuce
MidAfternoon Snack: 2 Deviled Eggs (4 halves)
Dinner: Ground Pork Burger Grilled with mayo/horseradish, Avocado Salsa thingie, Roasted Garlic Yellow Squash with Onions - Oh yeah, and two Miller Lites!
Dessert: Pumpkin Serniki
Again I was a little over 2000 cals, breakdown was 120 protein, 120 fat, and about 75 carbs.

I am room mother today - my daughter's teacher is just loving me being around. I don't know if it's because I help her get things done, or the fact that there is another adult in the classroom! ROFL - Geesh, teachers should get paid MORE. What they have to put up with? Don't get me started on that this early.

Had some interesting thoughts yesterday, it seems that a subject kept rearing it's head while I was doing my rounds on blogs yesterday. I am doing some research and will be talking about it over the next few days. My topic will focus on "Fear of Success" - I have long thought this about myself. I feel I am pretty good at a lot of different things, but I always fall short of becoming really successful at any of them. It's self sabotage, I see it in hind site, but when I am in the middle of it, I find all sorts of reasons why things are not working, and most of the time, I don't look at myself until it is too late.

This protocol is putting a lot of things in focus for me. My mind is thinking more clearly than it ever has. I am finding out things about myself, some good, some not so much. Food is a powerful drug. It can really dull the senses. It can really do some freaky things to you.

Anyhoo, geesh, what a downer! LOL - I promise that I will keep things on a more positive note with these discussions. I know I for one will find them very interesting. And of course, as always, I will love to have some input from you, my readers. So feel free to leave me a comment or two to let me know how you feel.

Until then, this is Biz, over and OUT

8 Comments:

Amy's Blog said...

Perhaps the 2 lbs is just an early adjustment. At least you like steak. Your meals sound so flavorful with the avocado salsa & horseradish ... sernicki sounds like a lip-smacker! Yay for the squash too.

How wonderful that you have a clear head! Your insight is wonderful. That success issue is big for me. One reason is that I don't yet have the P3/P4 experience to know that I can succeed in keeping the weight off. It's an interesting subject & I'd like to hear about what you've read & think.

Kinda related is issue of self-confidence. The articles I've read say that SC builds when we have repeat mini successes. And recognition/feedback of those successes. With weight, the success/failure is so public. Anyway, you referenced successes & it made me think of these articles.

Then there's the other issue that Larbsl talks about ... repeating the thoughts you want to become. Like you said, be careful what you wish for. I wish for a million dollars! lol.

Have a great day Biz! You ARE successful! You are in control.

Amie said...

Your blog rocks, Biz :D The issue of self-sabotage and fear of success is so strong, I could probably help you write a whole book! I'm very interested to enter that discussion.

And your menu rocks too... Avacado and pumpkin all in the same day... MMmmmmmmmm...

Wendy said...

You will be bouncing back from this two pounds in no time! Steak, Shmake... YOU CAN DO EEETTT!!! (o:

Like the Amy's (both of them) (o: said, self-confidence is quite a subject that I think ANYONE with weight issues can relate too. I am up for discussion!!!

Have a happy Friday Biz~

XOXOXOX

Crystal Lee said...

Whew girl..dont get me started with the psyche...HAHA! I could go on all day about this but one thing that helped me break through many barriers is a group called Landmark Education. They have a website that describes more about the company and what they stand for..."...the complete transformation of what it means to be a human being" Pretty powerful stuff. I broke through so many "rackets" and barriers that I overcame my seizure disorder and now my weight.

I have always been one to self sabatoge when it came to my weight. I had become so "close" with this outer me that the inner me was being suffocated. She is shining brighter everyday though! She is trying to come through...people keep telling me this everyday. "We can see the "old" you again and she is beautiful!" Awwww tear....

But yes the human mind is powerful and amazing. I also recommend books such as THE SECRET. It really makes you think...

Crystal
TNgal80

Burcu J said...

Hello,
I'm sure after this steak day. You will be good to go.. I don't think I can give any advice since I didn't even start yet :) About self-confidence issue, I can tell from my own experiences that, once I feel better about my self image, My personality changes in a positive way.when I am overweight I feel like I care more about what other people think about me once they look at me, other than how I really feel inside.I know I need to think pass that but It's hard to control my feelings. Anyways keep us posted.
Have a great weekend
B

cherylk said...

Hey Biz!! I'm back among the Bloggers, and I couldn't wait to catch up on your blog! Did she make goal, didn't she?? How is phase 3 going.. etc. You made goal!!! I'm so proud of you, I knew you'd do it!

And now you're 3 days into Phase 3. Where does the time go?

I really enjoy reading your blog. You talk about things that everyone thinks about. I enjoy knowing what people are eating, or how their struggling with the food, etc, but I like to explore the emotional side of weight loss, too. I think so many of us define ourselves by our weight, and I think so many in society do the same. There is such a feeling of invisibility. Kind of ironic, really.

I struggle with success, too. I am the bad kind of perfectionist. Nothing is ever perfect enough for me. I'm working on it, though!

Anyway, this is getting long! Thank you so much for worrying about me, and continuing to think about me. You are awesome! I'll try to not go MIA again!

Cheryl :)

Amie said...

Ha ha, Biz! Your comment on my "just me" blog really made me smile :) I just have to get some things off of my chest, and I don't mean to be offensive... But I've GOT to say it to SOMEBODY! LOL Might as well be my not-oft-read internet blog. Anyways, <3 you - read you tomorrow!

Amie

BizBuzz said...

Amy - I just know you will be fine on P3/4 - I don't even have P4 experience yet! ROFL - I was discussing with Martha the other day about Steak Days and for people that don't like steak. I am assuming that it's really any full fat protein that would do the trick. Maybe some Salmon? Anyhoo, will be interesting to see how this success conversation works out. I

Wendy - Well, I almost bounced back! I lost .4, but I wanna lose MORE and have more of a safety net ya know? I can dooo eeeet! That is just too funny!

Cystal - The mind certainly is a powerful thing. I keep saying this protocol is so much more than just a weight loss program. It is a retraining of the mind. Dr S had much more in mind with his plan than just losing weight. He was changing behaviors, I am sure of it!

Burcu! - I just love it that you started your own blog and that you are now one of my regular posters! I agree with you, we have to change our perception of ourselves and then we might be able to feel better about ourselves. It will prove to be an interesting subject, that is for sure!

Cheryl! You are not allowed to make me worry anymore! ROFL I am glad tho that you are back to blogging. I come to rely on all of you to get me thru my day! I wonder if there is a correlation between perfectionism and hindered weight loss. Hmmmm, need to explore that one.

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online