Wednesday, November 21, 2007

November 21, 2007 - Day 1 on Phase 4 (R2)

Last Injection Weight - 187.4
Today's Weight - 192.0
Yesterday's Weight - 194.2
2.2 LOSS
From Yesterday's Weight
4.6 lb Over LIW

Here is my menu for yesterday.

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!!

Have a question? Please fill out my one question survey here and I will be answering it soon and creating a FAQ page!

I told you all not to panic! Lookie there! I lost 2.2 overnight, just keeping myself careful!!! I laid off the salt, packed in the water, and only ate when I wanted to eat. Didn't get much cals in yesterday, only about 1300, but honestly, I was NOT hungry. My body obviously wanted a break!!! Today, I want to do the same - just very easy ya know?

In reality, my P4 was supposed to start today, but I never gave my P3 a shot, so we wont even bother! But since it was SUPPOSED to start today, I am just gonna mark it as such. I know, I know, I am SO crazy! LOL

Last night my husband made an apple pie, it smelled divine, but not enough for me to even want a slice. I was truly and actually OVER food yesterday. Let's take a look at what I ate:

Breakfast: What else but Coffee and Half/Half
Lunch: Leftover pork chop and small salad with blue cheese
Mid Afternoon Snack: Deviled Eggs (I made 4, and ate them thru out the afternoon, I was really just craving them, I make the SMACK deviled eggs! LOL)
Dinner: Vegetable Soup - made with ground beef, frozen mixed veggies, stewed and diced tomatoes.
Dessert: Yup, you guessed it! MORE COFFEE with Half/Half!!!
That was it! And believe me people, that is all I wanted. Like I said, that came out to about 1300 cals, 82 fat, 36 carbs, and 85 protein.

I wanna thank everyone for stopping by and giving me some truly excellent advice yesterday. I took each and everyone of your comments to heart. Seems to me that this little group is becoming "symbiotic" - isn't that sorta awesome? Us "bloggers" and "readers" are becoming one line of thought regarding this protocol - truly amazing. We all thought the same thing. And what is really quite extraordinary is that I didn't know you were saying these things when I was making my decision to not to an egg/steak day. When I made that decision, somehow I just knew that all of you would be united! You folks are the greatest! Did I ever tell you that???

It is so past awesome that I am back home and back into my routine. I just love getting up and getting my weight, writing my post, checking out blogs, and looking over posts at HCG2 - what a fab routine to keep me motivated! And I owe it all to YOU!!!

Let me consider some comments now:
CB - HA! Girl, I think we figured out that stress doesn't work well with this protocol! Let's not stress and see how this works. I learned something very valuable from someone I met in Baton Rouge this past week. She said some VERY simple words to me ... "What's the worst that could happen?" - I know that is a very simple statement, but one that to me is very PROFOUND. Seriously ... tack that question on to any decision you have to make and you will be amazed at the answers that come up. So I asked myself, "What is the WORST that could happen if I don't fight to get this off by my next round in a few days?" - My answer was, "I could technically be over my LIW 10-12 pounds when I start my next round." Then I said to myself, "Well, self, people have come back and lost their gains PLUS more going back to P2 - some have taken a week to lose it, some a bit more, but they have LOST it PLUS." So the worst case scenario didn't look so bad for me. I told you, I am seriously not stressing about this anymore. I have been on this long enough to know that IT WORKS!!! xoxoxo - You know I luv ya CB!

Lili - Hey GIRLFRIEND! I so enjoyed chatting with you in REAL TIME yesterday for a bit! What a complete RIOT you are! I just love your disposition! Thanks for watching my back. And here is to you making your $4000 for NEW TEETH! LOL - I will talk about this "new" book after I handle the comments!

Crystal - Isn't it quite amazing the thought processes we are now making towards food? Geesh, who would have thunk eh? Thank goodness for Dr S for making this kind of thing possible! Thanks for the visit! Oh, and I will talk about this new book for awhile, but I will introduce it after these comments.

Toracanada - Why hello there! A new commenter! I just love having NEW people! Do you have a blog? I just love new blogs too! ROFL - Thanks for the OH SO KIND WORDS! The key to this whole protocol is to NOT stress. Really, don't stress about this. As you can see, I am in a whole new and unchartered territory for myself. This non-stress thing. I have ALWAYS stressed about food ... no longer. Nope, not gonna do it. I don't see my SKINNY husband and SKINNY son stressing about food. They just eat food to live. Me? I am gonna do the same. Just eating food to live.

Cheryl - Pounce? LOL - no way, you folks could never POUNCE on me! I enjoy helping, just giving back what I was given, and still am given. I am glad you came to a healthy decision and I wish you the best of success!!! Let's all send good losing vibes to Cheryl! Ring out the next 10 days with a BANG!

Regina - It's so GOOD to be home! Thanks for the warm welcome back!!! My sister and I try to see each other once a year. This year we squeezed in twice. We usually live on opposite ends of the coast, so it's hard to see each other, especially since I am so over flying! LOL Anyhoo, it was nice to be there with her, and to spend some quality time with her, but it's also good to be home, back to my element! Don't be sorry for rambling! I LOVE RAMBLING! I do it all the time! Thanks for the great advice, that is exactly what I did and will do today as well. And so far it worked!

Wendy - Madonna! LOL - OMG, you crack me up, I just love your "YOU CAN DO EET" - LOL - a girl after my heart, I love ANYONE that can make me laugh! Thanks for the advice, and that is what I am gonna do! LOL

B - It was totally great "chatting" with you on Yahoo yesterday! WOO HOO! You are on your way sweetie!
Ok, one thing I forgot to mention - it has to do with the 'different mindset' that I have been granted since being on this protocol. Most other times I have been on a so called "diet" - anytime that I started gaining weight by diviating, I would throw my hands up in the air and say, OMG - it's started again, this is all for naught and then just keep on eating the wrong foods. You all know that slippery slope thing we do ... this time? Not so much. No, let me correct that and say, NOT AT ALL. This time I am not taking that path of "once I have cheated, I am just gonna give up" - it's not an option. Now it's, ok, I have deviated, so what, get back up on that horse and continue on your journey. And there is no stressing about it.

This mindset is truly a miracle. TRULY.

Ok, this "other" book of Dr Simeon's. Dr S wrote another book called "Man's Presumptuous Brain" - I got a copy off of Amazon for like $5, which included shipping. In it's time, it was deemed a very controversial book. Dr S believed your mind played a role in the health of our bodies, and he wrote this book in response to that belief. It has some stuff that is pretty OUT THERE - but it's interesting reading none the less. There is a very short review about it here - and it's an OLD one at that!:

Review

I know I am not alone in my thinking that this whole protocol is not based solely on some scientific chemical reactions to foods and such in relation to how this worked with the HCG, but that Dr S mingled in some retraining of the brain to produce the guaranteed results. I am of the firm belief that this protocol is so much more than just food and HCG - it's a reworking on our minds in regards to food. The mere fact that he chose time frames of 3 weeks for things (3 weeks min on P2, 3 weeks no starch and sugar) shows that this man was ahead of his time. The world has learned since Dr S' time that it takes 3 weeks to develop a habit. I believe he already knew that and incorporated that into his regimen.

So that being said, I am reading this book. I will be posting thoughts and comments from it as I read ok? I will go chapter by chapter in it. Wouldn't it be terribly fun if all of us got a copy of this book and had like a study group on it??? OMG! What do you think? Can you folks handle $5 to get this book and we could all read it together???

Ok, I have been on this post for 1.5 hours! OMG! I have chatted way too long!

Thanks again everyone for yesterday, and until tomorrow...

Biz

9 Comments:

beachbrights said...

I just ordered a copy! Thanks for the information.

My advice stuck out like a sore thumb yesterday. Indulge me for a minute: I just have this mentality that the protocol is a "medical test procedure" and that in order for the desired outcome to be achieved, one must follow the rules exactly as Dr. S wrote them. If you are over LIW by 2 pounds, then you must do a steak day. He did not say you are allowed to interpret what kind of weight you have i.e. water or fat, he said 2 pounds. How do you know that by not following his protocol EXACTLY you are not achieving undesirable results? Maybe you will lose in the short term but what happens long term? If we start allowing ourselves to interprete the medical aspects of the protocol, where do we draw the line? If everybody starts changing the diet to "suit" their needs then the scientifically tested/proven outcome is void.

Am I missing something here? Please tell me if I am, because this is the cause of most of my stress regarding this diet. I believe that the diet must be followed exactly, with little to NO room for individual modifications.

(Sometimes writing on the internet can come across as acusitory or mean. I hope you know that I write this questioning myself and seeking answers from the group. Sometimes I sound harsh, when in reality I am smiling and very gratful of everybody in the blog community. I am not QUESTIONING anyones personal decisions. I am just trying to figure out my own way in all this....)

Anonymous said...

I am very intrigued by the other Simeon book -- but would love to just peruse through it first. I dunno -- the thoery of diseases being caused by emotions has always peeved me a bit -- there is some truth to it... but just a bit. IMHO. It can make people feel guilty for having a disease, which could very well be congenital, etc... So glad you're back!

Wendy said...

I am SO with you on the deviation party, Girly!! I too on EVERY diet under the sun would have the same attitude after a small cheat. ("Oh well, throw in the towel... I cannot stick to it") You are so right and I have had the same experience! Just get back on the horse and ride!!! (wow, how many metaphor can I say in one comment) ha ha ha

Honestly, this protocol has really changed my line of thinking on so many levels. And, I am so grateful! Have a lovely day!!

gpcmom3 said...

Hi Biz, I've been lurking and soaking. I am a total newbie who jumped right in to this diet and I'm learning as I go.Act first ask questions later! Thanks for all the time you are here to share.

Hmmmm, this is almost too much to digest..... mind creating disease etc.... I have buy-in to a point as far as stress etc.... b/c stress isn't always our creation. It takes a lot to get stress out of our lives. Sometimes life-altering decisions have to be made. But like Lili says; I would hate to blame anyone for their disease.

I so much like the word deviation rather than cheat! I have been so interested in understanding the medical side of this diet and why it works etc...... but it has been so hard for me to stick to. My brain gets me tied up with my own stubborness and version of why things should be. It does water things down when you add your own twist to things.

Like Wendy said, if I change my thinking on this diet I should be giving thanks for just THAT! The weight might be a perk!

Brooke

Lisa Larson said...

I am ordering one -- I believe our thoughts have a lot to do with our diseases. From my own personal experiences, I have found this to be true for me. I don't believe I am a victim to my body, that disease just happens and there is nothing that I can do about it. That's what I have appreciated about this protocol. It's like finally, I really have the ability to do something that is working and curing this disease called "Obesity". Sometimes the lessons are simply about surrendering to the experience of the disease and remembering that I can experience my symptoms because I choose the lessons that my disease is offering me. I have been blind, several times in my life, from my disease. Thankfully, I have my sight at this time. I don't know what my future holds, but I know that what I think and feel plays an important role in how well I feel. P.S. I have my P2 results posted. Yea!

cherylk said...

hehe "Biz's Reading Group"! You're going to need a new blog! :)

You know, it sounds like your metabolism is so "normal" now. My hubby's body is like that. If he gains, he just isn't hungry for a few days, and it levels out. I have NEVER had that. Gain, lose.. I was always ready to eat things I loved! It's really motivating to hear that maybe that will change!

Just a side note on cb's comment. CB, you and I are sooo much alike! I am such a "rule follower". It drives my husband crazy!! I think after watching everyone else go up and down on P3 I've observed that sometimes the weight isn't weight.. you know? I think if you can listen to your body and really get in tune with it, you can tell if it's water or fat, etc. Maybe you're right, maybe we should be doing a steak day every time we go over by more than 2 lbs, but maybe just waiting that one extra day to give your body a chance to level out, is the difference between making the diet livable or not. I'm just speculating. :)

Ok, enough of me blogging on Biz's blog..!

Have a great day, Biz! Your good mood is rubbing off on me :)

Crystal Lee said...

I am getting my copy right now!!! :D Whooo this is so cool our own online book club! LOL

I went through a group called Landmark Education and it is based on similar ideas of how powerful our minds are, concious and subconcious. I also really digged THE SECRET. We all have no idea how powerful the human spirit is...but I am finding out each and everyday! :D

I want to also share with many of you what my nutritionist told me. She is able to do what is called "muscle reflexology" testing and taught me how to do this as well. Long story short I am able to tell what foods, beverages, herbs, minerals, chemicals, etc. are good for me or not by simply "asking" my body. No, I am not crazy I promise! But it is really cool to watch. :D

Your emotions are also a direct link to your body functions and she told me that cancer is directly linked to the emotion "worry" and diabetes is directly linked to the emotion of "anger" or "resentment" because of certain chemicals these emotions create.

It is amazing to study. So I am all for learning more about the mental and emotional aspects of the body.

ROCK ON YA'LL!! I am so excited!!!! :D Hugs all around.

Crystal
TNGal80

Burcu J said...

Hello,I had no doubt that you know what you were doing. Congrats with the loss. I will check out that book. Thanks for the info. I also did diets. It wasn't nothing set like atkins, southbeach or such.. It was my own diet. Eating helthy and some treats in between. I've lost over 40 pounds last year but I just let it go after my husband came back, we started to eat out a lot and junk food. You know the rest. I think I just need to eat healthy the most of the time and have whatever I want at the weekends. Because clearly my body can't handle eating whatever I want whenever I want ALL THE TIME.. If I want a better life I need to take control of my life. I hope this loss last forever. I am really sick of going through the same thing over and over again.Thank you for you support.
Have a good one ;)

Amy's Blog said...

You are such a master of listening to your body & follow through. Yay for BIZ!!! That book does sound interesting. Thanks for talking about it. The brain contains some master controls, but it interacts with other body parts & vice versa. It seems hard to leave any one part out.

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online