Saturday, November 17, 2007

November 17, 2007 - Day 18 on Phase 3 (R2)

Well, goodness, my trip is winding down. Tomorrow I leave for home - I actually made reservations to stay a night on my way home, I really don't think I can make it all the way home in one day. That was a kick butt long drive for me. Tomorrow night I will be in Tallahassee, Florida. I will have internet connection there, supposedly anyway, and since I will be by myself, in a town that is unfamiliar, I will be able to do some CATCHUP with all my blog friends. As it stands, with this connection I have, it's hard to get connected to the blogs without them creating a major headache on my part! LOL

Let's see here, what was on the menu yesterday? My sister and I started off later than normal so we ate here at the house for breakfast. And all breakfast consisted of was leftovers. I had my final piece of crawfish pie - HA! I do think I can tell you that I have sufficiently had my fill of crawfish pie now. It's over. LOL - we also snacked on our leftover Gyro plate from the other day. Also, I forgot to mention that while we were down in NOLA that there was this tangerine tree we picked a ton of tangerines from, as well as a pink grapefruit tree. So we munched on those as well.

For lunch, I visited my husband's cousin that lives in Baker, LA - lunch was a Greek Salad, mmmmm, and a fruit salad for dessert. Right up my alley!

Dinner was some chicken gumbo and salisbury steak. Took a bite of some cornbread, which I usually LOVE and wasn't interested, so didn't take another. Ate half a serving of some fruit jello. Again, just wasn't interested after tasting it, so why eat it?

That is one thing I am quite pleased with myself on. I am finding that if I don't like something, I mean, REALLY like something, it's not worth finishing it. Any other time of my life, I would eat it just cause it's there. Now? Not so much. Even with the deviations I am taking on this trip, anytime that I think I wan't to try something, I do, but if it's not "DA BOMB", it's history. This is a new a different mind set for me. Simply amazing for me. I am liking it tremendously in fact!

Gonna start doing something new and different with my posts. At the end of my posts I am gonna start commenting on my comments that I get the previous day. I feel like it's gonna make things much easier for me to make sure I acknowledge my commenters. So with that being said...

Cheryl - What is this about crawfish sucking heads? Um, I don't know about that? LOL - and if it's true, then by all means, I don't WANT to know about that! I love crawfish, crawdads, or whatever the heck they call them! ROFL - don't give me the bad news about them! hehe

Crystal - DANG the scales! Well, seriously, it's my own fault for not bringing my own. But hey, what is the WORST that can happen? I gain 10 pounds? So what??? And now, I haven't gained 10 pounds!!! I tried on the jeans I wore down here and they fit the same so things are not TOO bad! ROFL

Amie - HA! Mardi Gras! LOL - I tell you, NOLA is a fun place! You can get into trouble there. I am actually wanting to get back into my routine, I feel so out of sorts here without my family and my home and my routines. HA! But that didn't stop me from having fun, but you know? I am ready to go HOME!

Amy - Yes, my sister and her husband are part of a Disaster Relief effort here in Baton Rouge. It's still ongoing. They officially live in California but have been invited to stay on. The relief center here is being used as a "prototype" to build 9 different ones across the nation. They are beefing up things so that they can have immediate response should anything like this every happen again. The problem with Katrina quite simply is that they were not prepared. With this prototype relief center, they will be able to start things in motion immediately.

I do have allergies to milk, but mostly the reaction would be a migraine. This time, it's totally sinus related. In fact, as I write this, my nose is running and stuff at the same time! I am wondering if it's the combination of the flour/milk/cheese thing. In other words, milk and cheese are ok, but add the flour in and it becomes a nightmare.

B - I wish I could get to other blogs. It's a pain just to get on my own! I will be able tomorrow night to visit. I cannot WAIT to see how your start is going! I am so excited that you finally have your stuff and you can START!!!

A couple of shouts to some people that made my day a bit easier to bear yesterday.

First to Martha ... thanks for saving my sister's hyde and sending us the bottles and mixing syringe, geesh, what a pal you are. Words just cannot express...but I think you know how I feel!

Lise - HA! Thanks for helping out a panicking woman yesterday, to the point of STOPPING your car to concentrate on what I was asking! HA! So true Lise, we are all in this together and we are there to help each other out. Well girlfriend, you certainly helped this math dunce out yesterday! LOL - and thanks for the words about our good buddy, eases my mind a bit!!!

And to Ju - I miss you! I am not on my regular computer so I have no idea what your email address is and so I haven't been able to drop you a line all week. I sure am looking forward to chatting with you again soon. If you have time, drop me a line, you know my email, and that way I can write you back! I wanna know where you are today! I feel so out of the loop!!!

Ok, I think that just about covers everything. Tonight we are having a huge get-together with lots of bbq type food, what a great way to end my little vacation! Good company! Good food!

Have a good one peeps!

Biz

6 Comments:

Crystal Lee said...

Hey girlie girl. THanks for the post. And yes, darn those scales! LOL
I am so proud of you that you have a new mindset toward food. That in itself is such a miracle to me. I liked how you put it..."if it is not 'Da Bomb" you dont finish it" :P So funny. I too find myself doing that. Like last weekend when I took a bite of candy I had one small bite and threw the rest away b/c it was not satisfying. And I though Snickers were supposed to be? Is that not their motto? LOL

So I am eating my new fav snack..apples and Peanut Butter.

LOVE IT! I am up again today girlfriend but its okay. Girls if I could just show you pics of how swollen I am you would see its water retention. THe good news is I am going to Wild Oats today for my dandelion tea so after today there will be sweet relief!

Have a safe trip and tell your sis we are all proud of her too! It takes a special kind of person to do what she and her hubby are doing through the volunteer work. It is so rewarding to the spirit. :D

Amy's Blog said...

Your new food mind set is fantastic! Very inspiring. Soon you will be able to try your banana creme pie again. If it interests you :-) Your sister & her husband are so very special to dedicate themselves to doing that work.

EweWho said...

I'm glad to see you are enjoying your vacation, Biz. How wonderful to get to see your sis and enjoy some of that good food. You're doing so well, resisting what doesn't interest you.

Have a safe trip home where you can relax and get back into the groove before diving in to the next round.

I'm hoping some of your mindset will rub off onto me. I still can't leave sweet things alone!

beachbrights said...

Have a safe trip home! I'm glad you got the break with your family. Make sure you post some photos!

I could learn alot from your "eating attitude"...still not there yet, but I am trying! Thanks for continuing to post. XXOO

cherylk said...

Drive safe, Biz! I'm glad you're making a pit stop. There is nothing worse than driving tired!

I like your new food attitude, too. I think I'm a "clean your plate" girl as well. It would be nice if that urge disappears.

Don't worry about us and our blogs, enjoy every last minute of your vacation! Have fun at the bbq :)

Burcu J said...

Hello Biz,
Did I mention that We miss you? Well, take care drive safely. Talk to you when you come back. I am gonna go eat some more food :)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online