Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 14, 2007 - Day 15 on Phase 3 (R2)

Quick post today!

Wow, what a bittersweet day yesterday was. OMG - I have so much to write, but so little time to write it. Suffice it to say that people around the world need to know that NOLA has not recovered from Katrina. Boy does this city need help. I have seen so much devastation, STILL, two years after the storm.

My sister and I did have a wonderful evening tho with a friend of hers located in "Terry Town" - she is truly Cajun and had a terrific meal all ready for us when we got here. I begged the car group during the tour of the city that I just wanted a chance to sit down somewhere in the French Quarter to have something to drink and listen to some live music, even if it was for 15 minutes. Well we ended up going to the "Cafe De Monde" and do you know that I completely stayed away from the beignets, but had myself a cup of Cafe Au Lait and listened to this cute three piece band play some 70's music, jazz style! ROFL

But I didn't do such a good job of resisting the rest of the day. Oh goodness, for starters, at the Relief Site before we left, it was TOUR OF THE WORLD day, and it was MEXICO on the menu! So there was this Mexican dish for breakfast that I had to just have, but it was made with corn tortillas, so I had a bit of that for breakfast with some true homemade salsa. Hardly ate the rest of the day except for some nuts, and some bites of apple and my water.

Then when we got here to this house, I already told you that I had a bona fide Cajun meal waiting for me! Seafood Gumbo with Rice! Crawfish Pie! Roasted Pork with Dressing! I did resist the garlic bread, but I sure had some of everything else! AND THEN??? Here in NOLA they have what they call "Drive Thru Drinks" - yup! You can drive thru, get yourself a drink and take it home!!! OMG! I had, a Kahlua and Cream Daiquiri! Oh, and a taste or two of a Cajun Eggnog Daiquiri, oh yeah, and another taste of a Crawgater Daiquiri! My resistance was WAY low last night. But I had a BLAST! It was so fun sitting with this friend of my sister's and listening to her stories, what a great story teller she was!

No scale today, so I have NO idea what damage has been done, but I am NOT sweating it. Nope! I don't do this very often, I didn't eat in excess, I actually left quite a BIT of food on my plate when done. So unlike me. I ate till I was not hungry anymore which didn't take much. Did I mention it was GOOD??? It was actually quite freeing yesterday to not fret about food. Just to enjoy the moment.

Well, can't stay long. I am on a satellite internet service that is charged by the minute here, so I can't visit or reply. Please know that I am thinking about you all! I am wishing I could be around to visit and check out everyone's progress.

Take care!

Biz

7 Comments:

Amy's Blog said...

Your foods sound so sensible to me! I don't know about that crawfish pie. lol. And crawgater daiquiri?? wow. That's funny about the 70's music in jazz. lolol.

It's fun to read about your trip. I have never been there, and find this all very interesting! That is a shame about the lack of recovery (from Katrina).

cherylk said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with us, Biz! I'm so jealous, I want to go to New Orleans!! Your food sounds incredible, and I'm so glad you're just letting it wash off your back. How often will you get to try "drive thru drinks"! LOL that's hilarious.

Crystal Lee said...

As I am sitting here eating my cottage cheese and fruit...LOL You are too funny with your drive through drinks! They sound YUMMY! :D

Biz...I am still 2 lbs over LIW but I am going to be okay. I am just trying to down more water and limit my salt intake. HA! Take that you stupid scale! :D hehe

So enjoy yourself so much and I am sending out happy vibes for you and your family!

Crystal
TNGal80 :D

Burcu J said...

Hello,
well, sounds like a great vacation. Enjoy every minute of it. Foods and drinks sounds delicious. No scale huh.. :) don't worry about it. You deserve this vacation big time.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Part of this protocol is learning how to eat in these situations -- sounds like you did great! Take a bite of this, a bite of that, and enjoy it!

We miss our Bidzness!

Amie said...

I canNOT believe you've been on P3 for over 2 weeks already! You said you're doing a short round between Thanksgiving and Xmas .. ?

Very sad to hear about the continuing Katrina problems there. I just can't help but to think that if something like that had happened in ... oh, say... Florida .. that it would have been taken care of by now.

Aside from that, your trip sounds way fun! Thanks for keeping us posted ;)

Burcu J said...

Hello Biz,
I got my HCG today. Check me out whenever you get a time from your wonderful vacation. Continue having fun. I really would like to visit there also. Sounds wonderful.
Thank you very much for all your help.
Have a good one :)

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online