Wednesday, November 7, 2007

November 7, 2007 - Day 8 on Phase 3 (R2)

Last Injection Weight - 187.4
Today's Weight 188.8
Yesterday's Weight 188.4
0.4 Gain From Yesterday
1.4 lb Over LIW

Here is my menu for yesterday.

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!!

Have a question? Please fill out my one question survey here and I will be answering it soon and creating a FAQ page!

I knew I would have a bit of a bounce back from the egg day, so I wasn't surprised to see that number on the scale. So no worries here. Yesterday in fact was the first day since being on this R2P3 that I felt like I did the last R1P3 - I wasn't craving anything! Not even protein, so my body must have been in a pretty wacky state over the last 3 or so weeks. Because if you remember, I was dealing with some pretty heavy duty PROTEIN cravings during my last two weeks of P2 and then they went straight into my P3 experience, but all of a sudden yesterday, they were GONE! So who knows!

I feel like I am in the "zone" again.

Let's take a look at what I ate yesterday!

Breakfast: Pumpkin Serniki, and about an ounce of Harvati cheese, mmmmm
Mid Morning Snack: A leftover Pork Rib (and another Pumpkin Serniki!)
Lunch: Cauliflower Casserole and some hot peppers! MMM, haven't had them since the start of this protocol! Oh yeah, and another Pumpkin Serniki!
Mid Afternoon Snack: A bowl of full fat cottage cheese with strawberries and a dash of cinnamon with some Vanilla flavored stevia, OMG! This was delish! Thanks to BB for the recipe! I am SO doing that again!!!
Dinner: Salad of lettuce, tomato, onion and leftover London Broil with a bit of cheese and Greek Dressing
Dessert: You guessed it, a Pumpkin Serniki!
In total that was about 1600 cals, separated this way - 113 fat grams, 54 carbs and 96 protein grams. Not enough protein, but I will bring that up today.

Gotta thank ALL of you that had some really nice words to say about my "tank" pic! You are all so sweet. I really do appreciate it, you are all so good for the ego!

My sister and her husband goes off their round today, and I will give you an update on them when I find that out. I go down to see them in Louisiana on the 11th - 18th - this is gonna be great because I haven't seen them since December, and we have ALL changed since then! WOO HOO!!!

Let's now shift gears a bit and let's talk about something that came up full force on the YahooGroup this past weekend. Some people are not going to like to hear this, but I feel these things need to be said.

It's the subject about Half and Half. WOW! Was there some really heated posts about using or not using half and half on the P2 portion of the protocol! Let me start this conversation by saying this, I used half and half on the P2 portion of my second round, every single day. I started in the beginning knowing that with this second round half and half was something I was going to allow myself because that was going to let the round go well for me. My good friend Ju can attest to the fact that this is what I said in the beginning:
I am going to allow myself to have half and half in my coffee, even if that means I will have a slower weight loss as a result of it. I am prepared for that, but this will enable me to get thru each and every day of the next 6 weeks with a smile on my face.
So I did, every day, start my day with a creamy cup of coffee and it was good for me. Let me add that I did make sure I covered the calories in my daily total. Let me also add this. The half and half question came up during the end of my first round in a conversation with JPS - I didn't use half and half during my first round, but I did use WHOLE MILK. We were having one of our long winded discussions on "what did Dr S mean by this" and I kept asking whether or not half and half would be legal. I wont fill you in on all the gory details of our conversation but suffice it to say that my husband got involved and started doing research on skim milk and such.

The conclusion that "I" came up with at the time was that Dr S in his "DIET" portion of the manuscript says "MILK" not "SKIM MILK" where as elsewhere in the manuscript he mentions "SKIM MILK" as far as it pertains to "COTTAGE CHEESE" - like everything else in his book he is very specific, and if he wanted us to use "SKIM MILK" in the diet portion of the protocol, then I believe he would have said "SKIM MILK" - but he didn't, so I have to assume that he meant WHOLE MILK.

Now when I did research on the differences of WHOLE MILK and HALF AND HALF, this is what I come up with:






Now let's look at them closely (these were all taken from CalorieKing) - keep in mind in the skim milk one you have to divide by 2 in order to get the 1 tablespoon measurement. I forgot to change it. As you can see, by using half and half, I was giving myself approximately 10 more cals to add to my daily total, and 1 gram of fat more. I looked at that and I rectified in my mind that this was ok, so during my 2nd round I decided to use it. (I want to add this, never at any time did I hide the fact that I was using Half and Half, if you go thru any one of my "FitDay Menus" that I posted each and every day, you will see half and half listed as the ingredients.)

Now, let me stop here, because I want you to know that now I am looking back at this decision I made, and I am beginning to wonder if this was indeed something I should have done. Yes, people, I am questioning my decision...

Let me tell you why tomorrow, I am now running late this morning (long post) and I will have to go into this in more detail later! I know, now I seem like one of those soap operas - "tune in tomorrow for another episode of "As the Stomach Turns" - HA! I crack myself up! But hey, it will force you all to come back tomorrow now wont it??? ROFL

I love you ALL out there!

Until then, Biz

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Like you'd have to force us to read your blog daily!

Amy's Blog said...

LOL. I agree with Lili. I'm so glad you post before I go to work.

Where can I get that cauliflower recipe??

I guess it makes sense that weight will fluctuate again after a steak day. I am thrilled to read that your cravings are 'calm'. Your menu is great.

Wendy said...

Ha! As the stomache turns!!! I am sitting on the edge of my seat....

Have a great day!!

cherylk said...

hahaha "As The Stomach Turns".. sounds like a show I'm going to keep tuning into!

You know, I had to leave the message boards. They are a great source of information, and I'll still do searches there, but it was just too much for me. I much prefer a more "personal" approach to this diet, and the people following it. Thank God I found the blogs! Sometimes I feel guilty that I only go to the boards to find out information when I don't give much back, but it was making me miserable being there.

I love your blog, Biz! I'll be tuning in tomorrow!

Cheryl <-- who doesn't even drink coffee, so has no opinion on "half and half" hehe

Crystal Lee said...

You are too funny! Hey I hope you had a great one today. I did better on the salt intake so you would be proud. :)

Cant wait to see what happens on tomorrows blog show! :) (Sits glued to the computer screen.) :D

But yea same here with the half and half. The biggest thing that gets me is that even with a disclaimer people still love to call you out. I really dont care for myself but other "newbies" might be more afraid to ask questions or post comments in fear that they make a mistake. You know?

But it takes ALOT for me to get my pretty little feathers ruffled.

Chat with you tomorrow hon!

Crystal
TNgal80

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online