Sunday, December 2, 2007

December 2, 2007 - Day 7 of VLCD (Round 3)

R3P2 Starting Weight 193.2
Yesterday - 185.0
Today - 183.6
1.4 lb LOSS Overnight
3.8 UNDER LIW of Round Two
(187.4)
9.6 Lost Since Start of R3 (VLCD) 11/26/07
30.8 Lost Since Start of R2 (VLCD) 09/16/07
67.2 Lost Since Start of R1 (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday.

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!!

Preview Commercial:

End of Preview Commercial!

Ok, I just gotta say, I have absolutely NO idea what is happening. I don't know what I am doing different this round, but things are happening like they never have. Honest, this is freaking me out more than it's freaking you out. Let's try to analyze this:

Let's list the things different this round 3 then round 2:
  1. Letting my thirst dictate my water consumption.
  2. Mostly raw veggies (out of 12 meals so far, 8 have been raw, 2 were onions, and 2 were tomatoes.
  3. Eating grapefruit for the very first time so far in the protocol (I have had 4 servings so far in 6 completed days).
  4. Using skim milk in my coffee instead of half/half and only limiting it to 1 tbsp.
  5. Following the protocol to the "T", which means everything on the list, with the exception of melba toast, because frankly, I just don't enjoy it, although I did have a piece yesterday.
  6. My "mind" is definitely in a different place. I was 2nd guessing myself on my 2nd round almost the entire time, this time I am just allowing the process to take place.
Theories we (JPS and I) are working on:
  1. Having had more P4 foods before the start of the P2 round.
  2. I am thinking that 188 was a set point for me, and at this weight I didn't have a lot of "yo yo" dieting so that is why it is falling off of me? When I was at this weight I wasn't here very long so maybe my body doesn't remember it and wants to get to the next "set point" which is at 165.
  3. I am also thinking that I am not stressing, or haven't stressed about this round - but I seriously don't know how viable that is.
  4. Maybe this has something to do with the 'hypo' kicking in and doing it's job.
As you can see people, I am at a LOSS as to what is going on, but I will humbly TAKE it! I have gotten on the scale the last couple of days and before I get on there I say this little thing to myself, I would LIKE to see a pound gone, but I will be thrilled with anything. And each time, I am in awe of what it has said back to me, totally unexpected.

This all being said, I do think I might just make my goal, and then some. I am almost afraid to put this out there, but do you folks realize how close I am to the big milestone of 75 pounds? I totally didn't expect it during this short round, but each day it gets a little bit closer and a little bit more real. I am only 7.8 lbs away from 75 pounds lost on this protocol. That is an additional 2.4 lbs more than my 15 pound goal this round. Each day it gets a little closer and a little bit more possible. Going into this round I didn't expect it, so it will be no great big deal if I don't get there. But I certainly didn't expect the results I am getting so far either, so it's a doable thing. One day at a time Biz, one day at a time.

My son? Well, we have decided to call the weekends a wash as far as weighing is concerned. He gets up later than normal because of no school, so his weigh ins are at a different time - so cannot be relied on. Yesterday he weighed in at around 9am instead of his usual 6:45am and he was the same as the day before. This happened while on his first round too during the weekend, so we really wont know until tomorrow what his weight loss was for the weekend.

He went to a movie with friends yesterday afternoon. I give my son tons of kudos for making it through a movie AND a walk around the mall on P2 with NO deviations. If this 17 year old BOY (I have to remember at times he is still a kid) can do this, really, ANYONE can. Not even tempted he said. I gave him a bag of apples coated with Splenda and Cinnamon for a snack for the movie and his bottled water, and he said he did just fine. Hugs to him!!!

JPS isn't up yet, so I don't know her numbers yet so that update will have to wait until tomorrow.

So where was everyone yesterday? Did everyone go on vacation and didn't tell me??? LOL - like you have to tell me. It just seemed very thin on the yahoo board and even on all the blogs. It may just be getting to be that time of year. People concentrating on their homes and families, not much time for blogging or internet. I will just keep blogging away. This is my daily journaling. It's good for my soul.

This cold thing is lingering. I am certainly not as bad as I was last weekend, but this cough keeps a hanging on. It seems to have traveled from my chest to my head, of the two I don't know which one I dislike more. Although I am feeling awesome about the protocol, my body is just trying to get well. Anyhoo, glad I am a SAHM and can use this time to let my body heal.

On to my commenter's:
Amy - Water has never been a problem for me. It is my preferred beverage of choice. Always has been. I would always choose water before I picked up anything else. At restaurants, I usually only ask for water, so in other words, yes! I am drinking my water. I am getting about 3 liters a day. Last round I was pretty anal about my water, doing what Dr S said about just 2 liters, now I am just letting my thirst dictate my intake.

Mary - THANK YOU! I think so to!

Crystal - Just beware when me and JPS start conjuring up our theories, you will never know what hit ya! LOL - the thing that I really like about JPS is that she has almost a lifetime of college education, in a "research" field, so she always knows the exact questions to ask and how to formulate opinions based on certain answers. It's so cool to see her brain work in a way to come up with a theory. We will start talking about something protocol related, and then either she or I will start with a simple, I wonder why, and then she and I are off on a roll! It's fun!

Tracey - Yeah, dressing surely make this protocol a bit easier that is for sure! I can't wait till you start and your part of the new P2 crew!
Have a great day everyone!

Biz

8 Comments:

Crystal Lee said...

Hey girlie Happy Sunday!
I am, once again, amazed at your losses! You are doing so well. :D And give your son Kudos from me as well...I remember what it is like to be a teenager in the Mall of all places! WOW! That's why the devil puts food courts around you know? To tempt us and make us fatter with fried, sweet foods. HAHA! :D
But seriously I think we are all doing better this round. I really think it is all about attitude. I expect to see a loss on the scale and I do! I am not stressed and I am enjoying new recipes. :D

I can not wait to get my book! Will JPS join us with the book readings? Just curious. I love a good solid discussion! Ohhh and you are so lucky to have someone in your life that "stimulates" your brain. :D My husband does that for me and this is why I love him even more!

Take care....
Crystal :D

maryg911 said...

You are truly doing a friggin' amazing job!! Now if TOM will just leave me alone, I can try and catch up with losses!! Your son is doing so well!! Keep on truckin'!!

Amy's Blog said...

Congratulations on another fantastic loss!! Sorry about your cold, and maybe this is a factor in your success. lol! Thanks for the information about the water & other foods (raw, grapefruit, etc). Here's yet another article on how stress hormones add fat:
http://tinyurl.com/3dstok

Anonymous said...

O.M.G. 75 lbs. lost???? Biz, you are inhabiting such a different body, doesn't it blow your mind how much better you feel? I've only lost 37 lbs, and already it's like I got my old body back -- can run up and down the stairs, move quickly, take up less space on the couch... I am so impressed and in awe and proud of you and your willpower, intelligence, and accomplishment! Good for you!

I will be sticking around blogwise, although jealous of those of you on P2. So, expect to hear from me, sistah. And you better not skip a day :)

I recommended, above all else for you, Origins Dr. Weil Plantidote Serum -- the best hands down -- call me if you want. I'm a bit more sane today.

Pat yourself on the back! And thanks for your theories about why you're losing faster -- next time I do P2 I need to do it in a hurry, so I'llneed to be as efficient as possible. YOur theories sound right on.

Tracey said...

Girl...It seems like you just started this yesterday...and look at weight just falling off of you. Enjoy this, relish in it! Your body is loving something! Now you just need to find out and patent it! LOL Now you can give me some tips on getting in water on the weekend. That is my biggest downfall. You are such an inspiration to me! Glad our paths have crossed!

gpcmom3 said...

Biz, you are just the rockin' mama here! I am going to point out your blog to everyone I can if I dare share this diet. BTW, have you shared it with many? I know it was accepted by some and not others. It does sound crazy on the surface and is a leap of faith but here we are!

It IS mind-boggling to think of losing so much weight. You are so amazing to be doing what you are, sticking with it and giving back to everyone. I need to wrap my head around what you said about the P-3/P-4 eating but I've got to re-read the protocol first so I understand.

What is this book you are talking about that you ordered?

Brooke

applebottomblues said...

Wow... the last 2 days have been amazing for you. Congratulations! I actually like grapefruit... I know... weird right? So I'll definately be having some & it's great to see that you're doing well with it.

Becca said...

gkbcsqBiz, I'm so happy that you are just zooming on your weight loss this time. If anyone deserves it you do! If nothing else just for all the effort you put into the whole process and the help you are giving to all of us. My theory is that you are reaching out to touch so many people through your blog and on the group postings that we are all so focused in on your progress that it's OUR VIBES that are making your weight loss zoom! So here are some more vibes coming your way! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Can ya feel 'em?
Becca

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online