Monday, December 31, 2007

December 31, 2007 - Day 12 of Phase 3 (Round 3)

LIW - 175.4 lbs (12/17/07)
Today's Weight - 180.6 lbs
5.2 OVER LIW


HA!

I sure did know that was gonna happen. Went a little NUTZ yesterday! I seriously don't know what possessed me, but I totally wanted to bake cookies. Yup, so that is what I did. Baked these babies here:

Magic Peanut Butter Middles

I had about 4 of these delectable babies, and let's not forget the constant licking and tasting as the preparing is going on. Then I wanted to try a new recipe that I had in NOLA when I went called "Moussaka". This didn't turn out so great, but it was dinner so I ate.

Backing up to lunch, we headed to Zaxby's and I had a Blackened Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese dressing. HA! But I grabbed some French Fries from my daughter's, son's and husband's plate. Again, I have no idea what powerful force was involved in these food choices but it is what it is.

I can actually TASTE the added salt in my system. My mouth is so dang dry right now it's not even funny.

I totally expected to see this much of a gain. There was no way I could keep up with the necessary water to dilute the salt in my system, so it's holding on to every single drop. Wednesday will be my day to get back to the grindstone. I will do an egg day on Wednesday and then some strict dieting to get this back to normal proportions. I will NOT let my Round 4 start out at 5.2 pounds above my LIW like I did the last time! HA! OMG! I crack myself up!

All in all, I had about 1900 cals divided up 100 fat, 140 carbs (OMG!!!) and 95 protein. Yes Biz, 140 carbs is a BIT much! Listen to this though, according to my FitDay, I had about 4000mg of Salt - normal daily salt should only be about 2500 so as you can see, I went WAY over my salt intake. OMG

Ok, so that over with ... this is the last day of the year 2007. I can honestly say that I have never ended a year on such a high note in my life. This year will go down as one of the best I have had because I have certainly gotten my life back. Thank you Dr Simeon's!!! To think that just a short 6 months ago I was over 250 pounds, and now I am not is just too much to comprehend.

To think that I do not have to add my "gotta lose weight" this time for things to do in a new year, wow. Oh sure, I still have a ways to go, because truly I have NO idea where the HCG is going to take me, but I am certainly in a way better place NOW then I ever have been before. I know this will all come off, and I know that in less than a year from when I started (June 23, 2007) I will be at goal. WOW - on what other weight loss program could that ever be accomplished?

I am so far ahead of the game. I have learned so much about my health, my body, my emotions, my relationship to food. 2008 will be a different year for me that is for sure. There is so much I want to do, who cares that I am starting my life finally at 45! I got places to go and people to see and things to do!

Let's try this today - all you blogger's out there, and even you NON bloggers (since I have a little contact form now on my right side bar near the bottom that you can join in on the fun with) let's make a list of all the things we KNOW we will be able to do in 2008 (even if we wont have a chance to get them done) - things that are weight related that we couldn't do before, or that were next to impossible to do. Things that we just didn't want to do because we were morbidly obese. I will start, but first, here are the rules ... you only have 10 minutes to spend on this, no more - no less. Take ten minutes out of your busy life and let your mind run wild. Think of things you just couldn't do before and wanted to ...

  • I will be able to walk into a high end department store and pull of a size 6/8 off the rack.
  • I will be able to go to the doctor's and get on the scale without being afraid of what it says.
  • I will be able to take my daughter to Disney and not have to look at the signs about not being able to ride rides if you are too big.
  • I will be able to take belly dancing lessons.
  • I will be able to start a walking program to get 'heart healthy' - my goal is to be able to walk 5 miles 3 times a week - maybe even start running again!
  • I will be able to take shag dancing lessons.
  • I will be able to get on a plane without worries about the seat belt fitting me so that I can visit my mom and my sister.
  • I will be able to go to the mall, and look like a normal person window shopping, and actually enjoy it.
  • I will be able to go swimming in our community pool and actually be able to do 50 laps without being out of breath.
  • I will be able to wear a bathing suit without hiding behind towels and wraps.
  • I will be able to go to the park with my daughter and actually climb and play like she does.
  • I will be able go to a restaurant with my family and not be aware of everyone looking at me wondering why I cannot control my eating.
  • I will be able to help other people with their goals of weight loss because I would have accomplished mine.
  • I will be able to go on a cruise and not think about how terribly fat I look.
  • I will be able to wear high heels again and my feet not hurt because of too much weight.
  • I will be able to say good bye to my chiropractor except for maintenance visits because the weight that is gone is a blessing for my back!
  • I will be able to walk anywhere with my family and not feel like I am the odd man out because I was the only one that looked big and frumpy.
Ok, my timer went off. I am thinking 10 minutes wasn't enough time, but it is what it is. If you look at my list and want to copy some, go on ahead! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Thanks to all of you that made my year a very exciting one. All you people out there, too numerous to mention, that were an integral part of my success, thank you. Without all of you, I would not be where I am today. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

See there, that wasn't TOO sappy was it???

On to my commenter's:
Jennifer - HA! You noticed that eh??? Listening to my body has been the GREATEST gift I have given myself this year. I have learned SO much about what makes it tick and work, and I will never again allow that knowledge to be clouded by anything! MMM, the only thing about these Boiled Peanuts, is they are not my FAVE, my FAVE are the ones that are CAJUN! OMG! They are SPICY and HOT and they just RULE! Have fun in WY!!! Thanks for slapping your hubby, that made me feel better! ROFL

Mary - I may have spoken too soon! I might be ready for P2 again now too! I was like, OMG! There is a "1" and an "8" as the first two numbers, WTH??? hehe - but I know it's all water weight, I haven't eaten all that much food, just the WRONG things! ROFL - 2008 will RULE for us Mary!!!

BB - Please tell me you have had boiled peanuts before? If not, you must be the FIRST person I have ever met that has never had them. If so, we have to educate you proper my friend! They are TOO DIE FOR! And if you like beer (like me!) they are the perfect snack with beer! So glad you are back among the living my sweet! Can't wait to read your update! Yup! Throwing caution to the wind on this P3 again, what is WRONG with me??? hehe - I will get it under control, I am not starting P2 again for a few weeks, so I have some time!
TTFN everyone! Have a great and SAFE night tonight. We are all just staying home, will be splurging on some wine tonight. Please don't anyone drink and drive. I want a full accounting of everyone tomorrow!!!

Biz

3 Comments:

Crystal Lee said...

Okay girl I officially have to beat the snot out of you! :P I love peanut butter....yum! But seriously, thanks for the recipe. :)

Okay so I also posted a 2008 goal thingy on my blog. That was fun! I used a few of yours...because I caught myself shaking my head in agreement....alot.

I also posted the "Unscheduled break". SO I have two postings today. I am having a hard time with my health right now...just merely congestion and sinus but I do not feel even 80%....forget 100%. So I do not want to start back this week due to my illness and tiredness. My hair is still falling out too. I need to get some of that herbal remedy that was posted in the forums.

Anywho...all will be well.
Crystal :D

Wendy said...

Girly girl, you have said it all! What a great post for the last day of the year!!!

I hope you and yours have a great new year's!! Careful with the wine.... IT is the one who makes the scale move in the wrong direction!! (o: he he

But, like me, if you own it, it is OK!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOX
~W

maryg911 said...

Ha, I agree, we will lose all this pronto!! Not too sappy cause I couldn't handle it right now anyway!! Best of luck to you and your family in the new year, especially to us soon to be skinny minnies!! Woo Hoo, can't wait for 2008!! Wow that actually rythmed without me even trying! I am really silly this afternoon and I haven't even touched the bubbly!!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online