Saturday, December 8, 2007

December 8, 2007 - Day 13 of VLCD (Round 3)

R3P2 Starting Weight 193.2
Yesterday - 180.2
Today - 179.4
0.8 lb LOSS Overnight
8.0 UNDER LIW of Round Two
(187.4)
13.8 Lost Since Start of R3 (VLCD) 11/26/07
35.0 Lost Since Start of R2 (VLCD) 09/16/07
71.4 Lost Since Start of R1 (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday.

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!!

Preview Commercial:

End of Preview Commercial!

All I know to say is WOO HOO FOR ME. WOW! I am still in amazement, and to see a 1 and a 7 be the first two numbers on the scale, well, all I can say is WOW. Ms Martha? You called it, you sent those vibes, you said I would be in the 170's by the weekend, and by golly I was! Thanks for ALL of you sending the vibes my way!

I have to share this - yesterday something 'changed' - when I looked in the mirror, I honestly had to do a double take. There was a person I almost didn't recognize. There was a person that I haven't seen for more than a decade. I know I was 180 lbs on Sept 16, 1995, that was the day I changed my drivers license to a SC license and where I went to get my license they actually weighed you. I was 180 lbs on that date. I am now officially UNDER my driver's license weight, for the first time in more than 12 years.

Anyhoo, this woman looking back at me, she was different. She didn't look like a frumpy mommy anymore. She looked 15 years younger. She spent time doing her hair, spent time doing her makeup, spent time picking out clothes. She didn't just throw something on to take kids to school with semi wet hair. She spent an hour in the bathroom, primping. Didn't matter that no one was gonna see her during the day, it only mattered that SHE would see her. She even put on a bit of perfume so that she smelled good, even if she was the only one that would smell her today.

This woman, one by one got the people in the house ready to do their things for the day. She woke her daughter, and the first words out of her daughters mouth were, oh mommy, you are so pretty today. This woman just about fainted. Her daughter has always been so sweet to her mommy, always calling her as beautiful as a queen, but this time she told her mommy she was 'pretty' - there is a difference.

She woke her husband and boys and they started getting themselves ready to go out of town. Her husband, who has always been one to choose words very carefully, immediately called her 'skinny minny' and told her she was looking good. Her boys, not ones themselves loose with the compliments, both did double takes as if to say to themselves as well, who is this woman?

Yes, who is this woman? This woman that appeared yesterday is someone I am not familiar with. It is a woman oozing with self confidence. A certain air about her that knows that she has done amazing things and is proud to show them off. This woman, for the first time in many, many years, wanted to go out to the mall and walk around and strut her stuff, and would have done that if she still didn't have this lingering cold. She wanted to go to "non fat" stores and try on clothes just to try them on.

Who is this woman? Is this truly ME??? COULD IT BE ME??? OMG! It was me. Something CLICKED yesterday. I finally SAW the 70 pounds gone. FINALLY! I said to myself THIS IS REAL. I am really the one that is getting rid of all this excess baggage and treating my body as a temple and a blessing that it is. I am the one that is feeling good about how I look. I am the one that my gorgeous daughter thinks of as "pretty". I am the one that made my husband call me "skinny minny". I am the one that turned the heads of my sons. I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!

Thank you for indulging me! On to other things...

Let's talk about this "Planned Interruption" that Dr S talks about in "Pounds and Inches":
Unforeseen Interruptions of Treatment

If an interruption of treatment lasting more than four days is necessary, the patient must increase his diet to at least 800 Calories by adding meat, eggs, cheese, and milk to his diet after the third day, as otherwise he will find himself so hungry and weak that he is unable to go about his usual occupation. If the interval lasts less than two weeks the patient can directly resume injections and the 500-Calorie diet, but if the interruption lasts longer he must again eat normally until he has had his third injection.

When a patient knows beforehand that he will have to travel and be absent for more than four days, it is always better to stop injections three days before he is due to leave so that he can have the three days of strict dieting which are necessary after the last injection at home. This saves him from the almost impossible task of having to arrange the 500 Calorie diet while en route, and he can thus enjoy a much greater dietary freedom from the day of his departure. Interruptions occurring before 20 effective injections have been given are most undesirable, because with less than that number of injections some weight is liable to be regained. After the 20th injection an unavoidable interruption is merely a loss of time.
Let's analyze this. Now, I am giving you MY interpretation of this 'rule', this is how 'I' understand it, so please, if you see something different with this explanation, please feel free to let me know.

What I get from these two paragraphs is that the good Dr KNEW that there was going to be times when interruptions were going to be "necessary". The only warning he gives us is that an interruption that occurs BEFORE the 20 effective doses is undesirable, but only then does he say the weight is LIABLE to be regained. But he says AFTER the 20th injection it's merely a loss of time.

The other "rule" he gives us is that we need to make sure the HCG is OUT of our system for the required 72 hours before we resume eating "at least" 800 calories. And the last thing is that if the interruption last less than 2 weeks, no 'loading' needs to take place to restart.

Now, I have struggled with the understanding of this particular part - "adding meat, eggs, cheese and milk" - so if anyone has some 'insight' on this, please, let me know. I am wondering if he meant that we were to just eat our regular 'VLCD diet' and add these particular things, or was he giving us an example of things we 'could' eat?

Ok, hope that helps!

Still more people signing up for the book club! The more the merrier - if you didn't get a chance to fill it out the form for the new blog, here it is again:

eMail Address Form

No updates on my son. He didn't even weigh in yesterday, he woke up a bit later than normal and didn't even want to deal with the scale and told me he would just weigh in on Monday. Geesh, to have THAT mentality! WOO HOO FOR HIM!

Update on JPS - .2 loss yesterday so she is at 158.6 - she is not worried. She thinks Aunt Flo may be paying her a visit, ugh. Hate it for her.

On to my commenter's:
Lili - WOW! I had to write you yesterday to let you know that you were NOT the one I was talking about in my post. The poster was someone I didn't recognize, and quite frankly, I don't think they have been back since. I spent 15 minutes yesterday trying to find the post in question, but couldn't do it so gave up. I remember the post, it made that much of an impact on me. Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts. That is what I totally LOVE about this group. We can have a very adult conversation about things, glean what we want from the information and take that information and make informed decisions that work for us individually. Thanks most of all for simply understanding what I said. I struggle with writing, believe it or not, so the mere fact that you "got it" is just WONDERFUL to me! Thank YOU!

Crystal - I hope my words today about "panned interruptions" did something to help. Thank you for sharing your feelings. I truly appreciate it. What wonderful inspiration to know that others like me are learning so much from this experience!

Mary -YUP! That about says it all! In the end what does it all mean? We are ALL gonna get there. We will ALL reach our goal! This works for simply EVERYONE! WOO HOO FOR US!

Ewewho - Thank you for the validation. Sometimes that is all we need eh? Our feelings are our own and they are real. And the thing that struck me the most is that the good Dr allowed for these types of situations as long as a requirement was met, so he even knew there would be situations we would have to deal with! Thanks for the nice words about my son!

CB - WOW! I went right away to your blog when I got the email that you had commented. WOW! Can I just say that again? What a post!!! I just LOVE things like that, I really do! I just LOVE healthy "feeling" discussions! It makes us know that we are not alone in this journey, that others have felt the way we do and struggle the way we have.

Amy - Thank you also for 'getting' it, that is all I need, people just to understand what I am saying. SO INTERESTING what you said here "Possibly, the discussion from the group was born of a fear of food & an inability manage food." So interesting that you said that. A dear online friend and I were chatting yesterday about my post and this is exactly the same thing she said. She felt FEAR was behind the statement this person made. Honestly, before she said that, I hadn't thought the fear could have been the culprit, if I had, I probably would have felt differently.

B - It is so funny, everyone always wants CHEESE! You will get it soon enough! It will be there!!! I am so glad you are back to blogging, we missed you!

Cheryl - I know you are so busy getting ready for your trip and your P3 adventures, I so appreciate you finding the time to make it here! Have fun on your trip! And thanks for "getting" me too!

Becca - WOO HOO! Thank YOU for giving empowerment back to me! Loving it!

Tracey - thanks for stopping by, what clinic are you using? Are you using releana? I have heard that the dosage is less than 30, but I think that they say it is just a measuring issue.
On to primping...LOL

Biz

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, do I empathise with that sudden confidence -- and suddenly seeing your old self! I had that exact same experience! That's the best thing I've gotton out of this -- even though I'm not at goal weight yet -- is the CONFIDENCE! Good for you for primping, good for you for treating your body lovingly! I've seen actual pix of you and I know how pretty you are! It's weird how we can go for a long time and not see the progress we are making, weight loss wise -- and suddenly it hits us. Like perhaps it took that long for your psyche to be ready to see it. Our brains are such a convoluted place!!! He he.

70 lbs. is ALOT of weight to lose -- you are awesome! Strong, smart, intuitive, and damn funny. And gorgeous to boot!

Your topic of discussion yesterday was a great one for everyone to ponder. Thanks for posting it.

Crystal Lee said...

Hmmm Biz first of all let me comment on the first part of your posting by saying congrats. That is a huge battle you have just won that many people loosing high amounts of weight can not seem to psychologically. They can not seem to understand that there is another person looking back at them in the mirror and feel like a stranger in their own bodies. So kudos to you.

Now the Dr. S thingy....
I think he means by adding P3 foods back, right? Because these are key foods that you add back during P3 (sans the oil but since milk, cheese, etc has natural fats in them it makes sense small amounts of oil are allowed too?)

Just my opinion but maybe someone else will validate for us! :D

Thanks!
Crystal

Free me from Fat Jail said...

CONGRATUALTIONS on everything today. I am so proud of you, keep it up. You are so blessed with a wonderful supportive family and I am sure you are a beautiflu person inside and out. Keep it up and your husband may get nervous if you keep strutting your stuff and hanging out at the mall. lol. Have a great Saturday.

Amy's Blog said...

Wooo HOOO! YOu have a seven number TWICE! Once in your weight, & the other in your total loss. How cool! I can't believe they actually weighed you when you got your license! Bummer! lol! I've always gotten away with lying about that. hahaha. What a great goal to meet your driver license weight. hahaha. I bet you look SO good! I can tell you are so happy! I understand about the primping. I want to look better, because I CAN (and do) look better. As a fat person, I can only do so much.

Thanks for reposting the planned interruption instructions. I tend to agree with your thoughts. For an "interruption", Dr. S used the word "adding", which does imply that we would eat our normal vlcd foods, plus those four ingredients. The interruption period is limited in carb amount & source. Only two fruits. I also agree that he seems to say that reloading isn't needed when interruption is less than 2 wks. This was a GREAT post for this time of year.

*** LED Sign of the Times *** said...

Yeah, you saw a hot mama lookin' back at you! Great post Biz! You are the WOMAN! What a great feeling it is to admire the person looking back at you in the mirror. No, I don't have a blog-we completed our first round not even knowing you all were out there so when I started this round I really started getting into all the blogging and hcg groups. The support is so important (I feel like I was clueless last round). So when do you plan on stopping this round? BTW, your virtual model has on the same outfit I picked out for mine-great taste ;) I'm in a predicament as well because I'm 15 lbs from my goal weight and don't know if I should stop totally before Christmas (23 injections) or up the cals and then resume until I reach my goal. I'll do whatever you do...just kidding! Have a great weekend...I'm sure by Monday you'll be down to 150 at the rate your losing!

maryg911 said...

Oh, Biz!! I'm so emotional today, and reading your post just brought tears to my eyes!! I did the same thing this morning when I went to weigh myself. I didn't recognize the body I say in the mirror!! I feel so elated for you!!

Tracey said...

Well I see you have some sexy hot woman living in your house! LOL Your husband might be in double trouble now! BIG GRIN I love when we get "AHA" moments! I haven't hit that one yet, but it will come! We have to remember it is a journey and takes time.

Now about Dr. S...it seems that if you are taking a short break and not the regular P3 break that the small amount of fat in the milk and cheese will help satisfy the hunger but still keep the calories low not to do much damage to the scale. There must be a little window of wiggle room with the fats. And something with the length of time too. There must be something with small amount of fats during the short time will not effect us as much. Now how it effects us, have to ponder that a bit longer! lol

ladybyrd said...

Hello ladies..I was wondering can I start while Im on my cycle or should I wait until Im finished. Would it hurt?

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online