Sunday, January 27, 2008

Are You Prepared? - 01.27.08 - D06P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 175.8
Today - 174.2
1.6 lb LOSS Overnight
1.2 lb UNDER LIW of Round Three (175.4)
10.2 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
76.6 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

An apple and a half a grapefruit. Lunch was Ground Beef Cajun Style - with tomatoes. Dinner was a large lettuce salad. As you can see, I didn't have my 2nd serving of protein yesterday, lack of planning caused this and this subject will be approached below.

A total of around 318 calories divided this way: 7 Fat, 39 Carbs, 29 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Only two answers so far? Any others willing to approach this subject?

Foods on Phase 2 - Do Some Work Better Than Others?

Seriously

Another 1.6 Overnight! Where did that come from??? Well, I am BELOW my LIW and with a bit to spare! WOO HOO FOR ME! After 5 completed days, I lost all that I gained on my break and I am in the "Gravy Zone" - oh yeah, that's the way I like it!

Let's see the winners from my little contest?

Oh Yeah! Good Guess Gals!

  • Cathy - Day 6, which would be Sunday
  • Monica - Sunday
Oops, Didn't Happen
  • Jennifer - Friday - Sorry :(
  • Rosie - Friday - Sorry :(
  • Becca - Friday - Sorry :(
  • Martha - Saturday - Sorry :(
  • Mary - Saturday - Sorry :(
  • Wendy - Saturday - Sorry :(
  • Page - Monday - Sorry :(
Sorry Page.

Most excellent! Monica and Cathy, please contact me, you folks already know how ;) and let me know your snail mail addy. Please don't post it here ok? You should have my email addy or use the contact form on the right side of my side bar. Thanks for playing all of you! That was fun!!!

You know I love my numbers - let's look at them again!

Day 5 (Complete) - Round 4 = 5.53% Body Weight Loss
Day 5 (Complete) - Round 3 = 4.24% Body Weight Loss
Day 5 (Complete) - Round 2 = 3.54% Body Weight Loss
Day 5 (Complete) - Round 1 = 3.35% Body Weight Loss

JPS showed me how to do something with the Excel Chart, what do you think of this? It really shows how well my rounds are doing. And how much better each round has gotten! Totally cool!



Speaking of JPS - here is an update on her. She was at 7.8 lbs above (161.2) her LIW (153.4) when we started this round, and today she is 1.8 below (151.6) - she lost all of her gain (and then some) while on the last break yesterday, so since yesterday everything is gravy for her. She has lost a total of 9.6 in 5 completed days or 5.96% loss from starting weight. She is doing well and loving HCG!!!

Lack of Preparation

Yesterday was a strange day. We had a going away party we needed to attend. We have known about this for a couple of weeks, so this wasn't an issue. But what I didn't know was that our family was asked to bring some food to the party. So I had to scramble to prepare something quickly.

Ok, so that wasn't such an issue. The party was to start at 4pm, but my husband was asked to be there at 3pm since he was DJ and was providing all the sound equipment. He went ahead and left and we were to follow.

Before we left, JPS asked what were we going to do about dinner. This was around 3:15pm and quite frankly I hadn't thought anything about dinner. So I said, look, the party is close enough that we can excuse ourselves around dinner time for a few minutes, come home and cook ourselves some dinner and then go back. We said this because we both thought it was going to be a plain ole party, something we wouldn't mind leaving.

Well, when we got there, we found that this was gonna be a FUN party, and that we weren't going to want to miss a minute of it! So I told JPS, look, I saw some bagged lettuce greens in the kitchen, and I just KNOW someone will bring some fried chicken (after all, this IS the south!) and we can split a breast (after taking off the skin) and we should be fine.

Well, do you know, not ONE person brought fried chicken??? Oh they brought chicken alright, but baked and only thighs and legs!!! ROFL - JPS took a chance on a thigh - I didn't, not wanting to chance it - she still lost a pound!!! So since there was nothing else there for me to nibble on, I just stuck to a dry bagged lettuce salad! That is why I didn't have my 2nd protein.

Preparation is the Key

Yes, this is the key to the success of this protocol. Sure, I still lost 1.6 today, but had this been further into my round, I can almost guarantee you that something different would have happened.

JPS and I got to talking about this this morning. We both agreed that if ever in this situation again, we would spend a few minutes and boil us an egg so that at least we would have our protein. As much as I am toying with a different "diet" for the protocol, what I will not ever recommend is going without our protein. This is dangerous stuff. Dr Simeon's tells us we are on the verge of Protein Deficiency during the protocol, so anything less than our 7 oz of protein a day will lead to horrible consequences. Especially if we are wanting to maintain day to day living activity.

So word to the wise, be prepared, don't throw caution to the wind and just HOPE things work. Plan your work, and work your plan. Being haphazard can cause inconsistent results.

I wont be doing that again!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Mary - VERY interesting! I about died when I heard that from Lynne! It was like, oh yeah, that makes sense! You wont be sorry about the Thai Soup, mmmmm.

Jenn - Sambal Oelek - and yes, I usually make my own broth, but recently, I have found this organic broth available at my local grocery store Food Lion called Nature's Place and it's quite good and I have used it extensively. I get the LOW SODIUM variety and it works just fine for me. Oh, sorry I didn't live up to your request, but hey, I just have one thing to say, HA! LOL - tell Ed he could be where I am if he would quit cheating! ROFL

Monica - Gosh, if I couldn't have cabbage on the protocol, I would go NUTS!

Wendy - MMMM, corned beef! I love me some corned beef and cabbage! What a very Atkins Friendly Meal eh???
Have a great one people!

Biz

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Biz, its me girliegirl from the discussion forum. Ok i have a question for ya, when you do bagged salad greens, do you eat them plain? I had the hardest time choking down lemon/water as dressing last round. What do you use?
Thanks, LOVE this blog!

maryg911 said...

Look at you dropping in numbers, way to go!! Oh, yes, preparation is the key, how many times have you told me that?
Take Care!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Well SHIZ-NIT Biz-look at you go! You almost have ME beat and I'm on day 11, here I was feeling all good! I went back and looked at your R3 stats and I'm beating your R3 #'s so there! :)

What do you think about having extra protein, could it be as damaging as having too little? Just wondering what you think!

Thanks for the info on the soup-where do you buy the Sambal Oelek, online? Oh, and this morning when Ed stepped off the scale he was all confident and said "I'm going to beat all you ladies!" NOT BIZ, huh girlfriend! Go JPS too!

applebottomblues said...

WOO HOO... I won :) and so did you! You are really making it happen on this round girlfriend! And Yep, preparation is a must! You even have to prepare for not being prepared, like I've decided that if I ever leave my lunch at home, I'm going to get steamed shrimp and broccoli from the chinese food spot. They NEVER give you alot of shrimp, and broccoli is allowed on the Releana diet, so I should be okay, right?

Becca said...

WOO HOO! Below LIW. You're on your way now girl!
And how cool that the party was so fun you couldn't leave early. Those unexpected suprises are the best huh! You did good...

Becca said...

Whoops I forgot to tell you to tell JPS CONGRATS too! She is just zooming right along...

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online