Saturday, January 5, 2008

Why Do We Blog? - 01.05.08 - D17P3R3

LIW - 175.4 lbs (12/17/07)
Today's Weight - 178.2 lbs
2.8 OVER LIW

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream - a small slice of DR Fudge (Found out this is called Dulce de Leche)
Mid Morning Snack: An apple with Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter
Lunch: Large Lettuce Salad with Chicken with Feta Cheese and Kraft House Italian Dressing
Mid Afternoon Snack: Cottage Cheese and Strawberries - Two Small Peanut Butter Drops
Dinner: Eggplant Lasagna with two Miller Lites
Dessert: Small piece of Apple Crisp with a small amount of Vanilla Ice Cream

A total of around 1860 cals divided this way: 94 Fat, 163 Carbs, 93 Protein (need to focus on less carbs and more protein!)

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! We are really trying to get this out, I am looking at Monday - thank you all for being patient!

Lise is still looking for support for her Teeth Fund, if there is ANY way you can help her, please pay attention to this Preview Commercial - her date of takeoff to Costa Rica is the 6th - this will be the LAST day I announce this, then you will find it in my side bar:

End of Preview Commercial!

Here is the eMail form for signing up for the New Book Club! WOO HOO! I did my part, I read what I was supposed to read and I filled out the post, now I am just waiting for comments! If you have a chance today, go to the HCG BOOK CLUB and join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Anyone else want to help me with my FAQ on TOM / Aunt Flo issues? I will leave it up until Monday morning and then we will start a new one. Again, the FAQ form has only one question on it, you can take as much room as you like, it should be able to handle your response.

Please take a few moments to fill this form out:

TOM / Aunt Flo Issues on the Protocol



Why Do We Blog?

That is a question I ponder quite often - let me give you a little history of my total blogging experience which will most likely lead to a better understanding of why "I" blog.

Back in the late 90's there was this little upstart company called MP3.com (it's actually still around, but that is a story for another day) - my husband is a musician and forever and a day I just knew that he had the talent enough to get noticed. While surfing the net one day, my husband and I stumbled upon this site (MP3.com) and were amazed that this website was promoting indie artists. WOW - it seemed made just for someone like my husband.

Since I was on bed rest with my pregnancy, I had lots of time to figure out the ins and outs of the site and got myself involved wholeheartedly with promoting my husband and his music. I seriously got involved in the forums, which led me to an off site forum of a group of artists that I pretty much just fit right in.

Enter My First Experience With Blogging

Around the end of 2000 - another little upstart company started - this time it was called 1sound.com - they were going to be the little "David" going up against the "Goliath" (MP3.com) - by this time, MP3.com had gotten a little TOO big and they were starting to treat their indie artists pretty badly, so in droves indie people flocked to 1sound.com - enter the blogosphere.

Blogging was already pretty big, although still new, but it was around this time that I discovered it and went to work on blogging about my husband's music, among other things. What I noticed about blogging is that it was a great way to create a support group of your own, right from your own home. I found that I could basically write about anything, and I would get comments, ideas, and create a little controversy as well, all in the name of fun.

Sadly, that community fell by the wayside almost as soon as it begun.

Making a Turn to Journal About Myself

At the end of 2002 - I had decided to do something about my weight, and I joined up with a friendly and informational Bulletin Board on Atkin's - they had an option on their board to basically "blog" about your experience and so I took up residence there.

Blogging then became a necessity for me. It became my way of staying accountable to the program at hand, and the blogging was very personal. It was only available to a small group of like minded people, and not to the 'masses'.

I was on Atkin's for a little more than a year, but then I temporarily had to help family out (out of state and for a period of 2 months) in the Spring of 2004, and my journaling stopped, along with all of my motivation to 'stick to plan' - I let the stress of handling the family crisis get to me, and without the cozy little support group I have surrounded myself with for all those months, I wavered and I started gaining my weight back.

A Dry Spell

During the months that followed and up until around January of 2006 I didn't do a thing about my weight, nor about my online journaling. I was so mad at myself, so angry that I put a whole year of hard work and determination on the back burner, that I couldn't even go to look at my online journal, or go back to the BB that I had once frequented. So embarrassed that in such a short time I had become a failure with following the Atkin's plan.

It was SO bad that I forced myself to get involved with another online community that had absolutely NO relation to weight loss. It was a craft site of all things! Now people, as your reading this, please don't think any less of me because I am so "DOMESTICATED" - if you folks only knew. Ok, that is a story for another day!

Dry Spell is Over!

So I dove in head first into this community - focusing my efforts on being the best that I could be in this craft. Beginning spring of 2006, I started blogging my experience with this craft. I started right here on Blogger, moved on over to WordPress, and then finally purchasing my own website in October of 2006! I was SMOKING!

My website for this craft was basically just a blog of my experiences in life. I did TRY to focus on my craft, but my life was a definite part of it. I would blog about ANYTHING that hit my fancy. I had LOTS of support, and it kept me very active and focused, on everything but my weight! ROFL

I was doing LOTS of charity work with my craft and the blog did focus on that alot. I say I didn't focus on my weight, but if you went to that blog, you would see a page dedicated to my many stops and starts with going back on Atkin's (the Atkin's community always said you have ONE GOLDEN SHOT with that program, I believe them).

Bring in the Summer of 2007

This is when it all changed for me. In May of 2007 I was told by my sister to do some research on something that she had just found out about. What is with all these people thinking I love to do research? OH YEAH! I DO!!! THAT IS WHY!

She told me that I needed to get with this girl she knew in California and ask her some questions about what she did, and then go to work finding out more about it. I wish I had recorded the conversation between my sister and I that day, because that was the day that my life changed in a way that it had never changed before. Although, that day I didn't know it was going to be so remarkable, but today, I look back, and I see it was.

My experience of finding and doing the protocol will be the focus of tomorrow's post, so stay tuned on that.

The Progress of Biz and the Reason I Blog!

So now that you see a bit of history of my blogging experience, you will see that this is something that I needed to do, it keeps me involved and it keeps me focused. It also keeps me very accountable.

In the beginning, I only "blogged" on the Yahoo Group - each day I would post what happened the previous day. I wouldn't do it for anyone but myself, I was incredibly selfish in that regard. I really didn't care if anyone read it, I just knew, based on previous experience, that if I didn't post daily, something would happen.

It wasn't actually until July 17, 2007 that I decided to get this "blog" started. If you go back through the archives, you will see that this blog started then and my posting was actually just direct copy and pastes from my posts over at the Yahoo Group. I was just using the blog as a "docking station" at that time for a one stop place that I could refer people to if they had any questions.

It wasn't until the beginning of September, when someone was kind enough contact me by eMail and ask me if I was going to focus in on blogging more. I was on my first P3 break and I pretty much had not posted about that experience, and it was disappointing people. Wow, I felt a rush of positive vibes after getting that eMail and so that day I started using the blog for my "journaling" instead of the Yahoo Group, I would just point the Yahoo Group to my blog when I posted my "updates".

That was September 9, 2007 and I have striven to keep my blog updated every day since then. I go through the good times of this protocol, and the not so good times. I have shared with the world everything about my experience from TOM issues to BATHROOM problems, to negativity from people to positive affirmations. I have shared with "my little support group" things I have found interesting, the lessons that I have learned, the research I continue to do, and the growth I have experienced.

You all pay me back by being there for me. You laugh when I laugh, you cry when I cry. You listen to my rants, you let me come up with crazy butt theories. We get into deep dark emotional psyche things and then in the next moment, we laugh about some of the stupid stuff we do.

I love my little support group. I love my readers. I love being a part of YOUR lives. I love you being a part of MINE ... for without all of you, I wouldn't be here today.

So Why Do I Blog?

Because I have to.

So tell me why YOU blog???



On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Mary - thank you my sweet!

Ann-Marie - thanks for sharing that darlin'!

Tracey - I go back to my chiropractor at the end of this month. I am actually doing quite well, I will ask him if that is something I might be able to consider. All the classes are saved on a note here on my computer, so all I have to do is SIGN UP! Thanks for sharing your BMR!

B - We have ALL been there, done that. I am wondering tho if this time will be different because we actually are learning so much about ourselves with this protocol. I am thinking YES! It will be different!

Becca - You are not only cracking YOURSELF up, but you're cracking ME up as well! HA! Thanks for sharing your BMR - lots of interesting numbers floating around eh???
Have a WONDERFUL day peeps! Cya tomorrow!

Biz

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOh................ Dulce de Leche -- one of God's greatest creations!!! It's a big mexican treat. Down there they make it with goat's milk alot, and it's called "cajeta" -- yechh!! The traditional way to make Dulce de Leche is here:

http://www.milk.com/recipes/dessert/dulce-de-leche.html

Now, why do we non-sugar/fat eaters need this recipe? Because no one should go through life without tasting it once!! And it's lovely to just take a small spoonful out and savor it -- if you're cravings sweets, in the end this will cost you less calories than nibbling at the cookies and ice cream, and it's SO much more satisfying. If you're gonna eat something delctably sweet --your hormones are screaming at you, etc.... go for the good stuff. Not alot. One spoonful will last you 10 minutes. Yum.

OK, enough evil recipes. Why do I blog? So I spend time and energy on it, and it becomes a focus of my life. Envisioning success creates success. And I like the folks here in this blog family.

maryg911 said...

Wow, you said a mouthful today, haha!! But I agree, this is way for us to focus on our goals and vent our fustrations even if it falls on deaf ears at times. Thanks for sharing everything with us!!

Free me from Fat Jail said...

hey there Biz. I am back now and thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. When will you be starting P2 again? I started today and was at LIW this morning even after enjoying all the holiday foods forbidden to P3. Loading sucks since I cant eat as much as before but I am working on getting the fat stores up and cant wait to start VLCD on Monday. Anyway, communicate with you later. Winston.

*** LED Sign of the Times *** said...

OMG Biz, I want to cry...YOU NAILED IT TODAY! I woke up this morning with a very strong feeling that I need to Blog my next round. So I log on this morning and start reading and I'm thinkin' is it a sign? Health, nutrition, mine and body has always been such a passion of mine. This prtocol is the answer and since I feel so passionate about it, it's time I "go there!"

So why do I blog? YOU are the reason! When I started the protocol in Aug. 07' I found Renee's site (I had never even read a blog of any sort then) well it lead me to your site and that's when I realized "wow, there are people who are just as interested in this protocol as I am!" I'm tellin' ya...your blog is part of my daily routine! Thank you, thank you for sharing all that today-it was meant for me. So, any suggestions on starting a blog?

And...I did my part too for the book club-I will make sure and comment today!

THANKS BIZ!

Becca said...

Thanks for sharing your blogging history with us...
Hmmm, why blog indeed! I think for me it started out to be a record of my experiences going through this protocol and I do think that your blog was my inspiration Biz. As time went on, it become more of a way to express myself even though I have found myself writing a whole long story and then going back to re-read it and decide that it's not the kind of thing I really want to share in this context. Almost as if I start getting too much into my personal life the blog will just get too unwieldy and hard to manage. So although I do include bits and pieces of my personal life, I edit a lot out for simplicity's sake. Okay I'll tell you that one of my deleted blogs was on being a step parent and since I'm a step parent to 4, age 21 through 30, I could probably write a book on the subject and that's the big problem, too much to write in a limited amount of time. And since this comment is becoming too big and unwieldy I'll have mercy on you all and stop already!!!!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online