Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Warning: Salt Makes You Retain Water - 01.02.08 - D14P3R3

LIW - 175.4 lbs (12/17/07)
Today's Weight - 181.6 lbs
6.2 OVER LIW


Here is my menu for yesterday.

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! We didn't get a chance to release our Newsletter yesterday, but I am hoping you will be getting it sometime today! We can always hope! ROFL

Lise is still looking for support for her Teeth Fund, if there is ANY way you can help her, please pay attention to this Preview Commercial - her date of takeoff to Costa Rica is the 6th:

End of Preview Commercial!

Here is the eMail form for signing up for the New Book Club! I will be focusing in on this today, actually sometime this morning - so you all get ready for it ok? If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

I have a new portion of the FAQ I would like to work on today. The last portion dealt with the men -this time, this is only for the women. I would like to get your opinion on issues experienced on the protocol with Aunt Flo / Tom - this time, the FAQ form has only one question on it, you can take as much room as you like, it should be able to handle your response.

Please take a few moments to fill this form out:

TOM / Aunt Flo Issues on the Protocol

As if you didn't know what the title of my post has told you!

Let's discuss my GAINS! HA! What the heck is THIS about??? I will tell you what it's about. I must have been extremely sensitive to salt my entire life and never knew it. Because now that I am weighing myself everyday, I see how salt can affect the scale. Tremendously I might add.

I decided to bake a ham yesterday. And I gotta tell you, it was GOOD. But it was also SALTY. Geesh. I could feel the water being retained last night! I looked at JPS and I said, I am gonna gain two pounds, you just watch, and BAM - ok, so it was 1.6, but still. This salt thing is for the birds.

I sit here this morning and I am like in a river of water. I can feel every pore drenched in liquid. I said I was gonna drink Dandelion Tea yesterday, and I never got to it, but today I will make sure this happens. I was also going to do an egg day today, but decided against that as well. I thought today was the day that everyone went back to school/work and I got my life back (hehe) but it's tomorrow. So tomorrow is the day for me to start working on this gain. I will however stay off the salt today, and drink LOTS more water.

I have noticed that the closer I get to goal, the more this salt thing plays havoc with my weight. I have been doing extensive research on the issue of salt and how it fiddles with our systems (especially women, but I have seen this effect on men as well) and I will be posting my results in the very near future.

What was ALL that I ate yesterday? Coffee with cream, Spam/eggs/cheese/green onion omelet, snacked on some leftover wings, had about 4 cookies all during the day, then the ham green salad and broccoli for dinner. All in all about 1800 cals, 120 fat, 81 carbs and 103 protein. My salt consumption? I estimate around 3000 - 3500 mg. I do think my estimating skills of calorie counting has got me actually reporting MORE than I am eating. But I do feel that my sodium numbers are really nowhere NEAR what I am actually taking in in sodium.

I have got some big plans for my blog in the upcoming weeks people. Don't be surprised if you get here one day and the whole 'house' has been rearranged. It's time for me to really take this blog to the next level. Don't you worry tho, I will always be the SAME Biz that I have been. That wont change. Oh wait, I may get just a bit crazier! ROFL - Is that even possible???

Please everyone who reads today, take a moment if you can and jot down either by using my tag board up on the left side bar, or my comment form on the right side bar, or if you get my blog as an email, just hit reply - I would like to know what topics you might find interesting to chat about. I absolutely LOVE research, and I would love to know what my readers would find interesting to chat about? I would love to hear from you!

Ok ... enough for today. Let's get on to my commenter's:
Lili - you are so welcome my sweet. I owe you an email, will be sending you one sometime this morning...

Mary - Oh yeah, that is a FOR SURE! Routines are the spice of life, ain't that the truth???
Have a good one people.

Biz

7 Comments:

Amy's Blog said...

I find your thoughts on salt very interesting. From everything I've read, it doesn't look like a high salt diet is good for anyone. Gosh darn it! I love the stuff. Your FAQ from the guys was an excellent & wonderful read. I was particularly interested in the comments from the older guys... would like to hear more from that perspective. Enjoy all your water today!

Wendy said...

Salt shamlt... Yeah, I believe that the closer to your goal the more salt plays its roal in the retention of water! I have never really salted my food until I started the protocol... I guess with the limits of what you can eat, the extra salt was a necessity. But I hate it when you have overdone it with the salt and that evening it is difficult to get the ring off your finger! AAUUGGHHH....

I did answer your FAQ today... This is one area that has effected me GREATLY!!!

I hope your last day with the fam is great!! Enjoy it while you can.

XOXOXOX

maryg911 said...

Oh I hear you on the whole salt thing!! My potato chip cravings, I know it all too well!! Are you drinking your water? That should help flush it out.

Unknown said...

I can totally relate to your salt issue and the gains. It's funny, I thought I was at a set point at 7 lbs about LIW and had reconciled myself to that and thought I could eat whatever, then all of a sudden I just started gaining. Now it was the holiday season and I allowed myself way too much eggnog, spiked of course, as well as cake. So I know that I definitely overindulged. Last time is seems you were able to lose by flushing the salt with water, so drink, drink, drink!

Anonymous said...

You know, it's the weirdest thing -- I was told by my doctor that I have low sodium blood levels and I shouldn't try to limit my salt intake. I don't really like food that's too salty! But we all know I have a "special" physique :) Anyhow, potassium and sodium maintain a fine balance in the body -- perhaps upping your potassium supplementation just a bit (don't go overboard) on days that feel super salty might help. I know there's more out there on the web regarding the potassium/sodium balance.

Burcu J said...

Hello Biz,
thank you for stopping by don't worry about the gain lady, and I can see your salt issue undercontrol with whole a lot water :) Take care..

Becca said...

I couldn't live without salt! But I should probably cut down too.
I won't be contributing to this week's FAQ since I am out of the TOM age range and don't have the equipment for it anymore either! LOL! But I'll have my daughter check it out and contribute.

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online