Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Don't Give Up - 01.22.08 - D01P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 181.6
Today - 184.4
2.8 lb GAIN Overnight
9.0 lb Over LIW of Round Three (175.4)
0.0 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
66.4 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

8 Lemon Bars, countem, 8. A small amount of leftover Somen Salad. A ChickFilA sandwich. And a Regular Size Sub from Quizno's.

A total of around 3034 calories divided this way: 136 Fat, 361 Carbs, 103 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it! Maybe Wednesday?

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

I got busy with the kids yesterday so I didn't have the time to make a new FAQ, that is on my list for today. I will have the two FAQ's ready by tomorrow and a new survey ready for the taking.



The subject of my gain will be handled tomorrow. I had this topic in mind from yesterday and couldn't let it go.

Don't Give Up!

Don't give up ~ cause you have friends
Don't give up ~ you're not the only one
Don't give up ~ no reason to be ashamed
Don't give up ~ you still have us
Don't give up now ~ we're proud of who you are
Don't give up ~ you know it's never been easy
Don't give up ~ cause I believe theres a place
Theres a place where we belong

Not so long ago I was in a very low place. It had gotten so low I honestly didn't know how I was going to crawl out. I remember one day in particular well because it was the day that I saw light at the end of that tunnel. I walked out to my car after work and taped to my window was a note from a very dear friend. A friend that I had avoided because of me being in this low place, but a friend that had never given up on me. The note contained the words to a song by Peter Gabriel "Don't Give Up".

If you have never heard the song, you need to hear it. If you have heard the song, you know the effect that this song can have. This song played a significant role in bringing me back to reality. Since that time, listening to this song has always lifted me from feeling that I am all alone in my struggles.

There are those of you out there that struggle, especially in regards to the protocol. There are enough of us in our community that have been on the protocol long enough to pretty much have experienced everything there is to experience in doing it. I don't think there is anything that someone would post that one of us couldn't step up to the plate and say, oh yeah, that happened to me too. Isn't there comfort in the fact that we are all here to help each other? Isn't there a measure of security in knowing that no matter where we turn in our little "protocol home" we know someone out there will be able to know exactly where we are and what we are going thru?

We are a support group. Our little community of bloggers, some vocal, some not so much, is our very own daily therapy session. I can't speak for everyone, but just knowing that you all are out there is a daily dose of sweet goodness to me.

Please remember that we are here. We are ALL here to help.

Whatever may come
And whatever may go
That rivers flowing

That river is our community. It flows with comfort. No matter what. Don't give up. You have friends.



On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Monica - HA! I guess 8 lemon bars DOES constitute a load! LOL - didn't eat much of anything else, but I had to get rid of those lemon bars. OMG!

Lili - I SEE I SEE - WOO HOO!!!! I jotted you an email this morning...

Jennifer - If 4 was almost 1000, imagine 8. OMG! That is what I call YUMMY! I can officially say now tho, I am completely over Lemon Bars! ROFL - Oh gosh Jenn (I hope you don't mind me calling you that) - I need to do a post on "closet" eaters. I was one! I was one that people said, why is she so big, she hardly eats anything. FOOLED THEM! This will be a good topic I think!

Mary - I will post the recipe for the soup later on today ok? I had a lemon bar for you, did you taste it???

Ewewho - After I read your comment, I looked up those donuts to see how many calories were in each one, just to do a comparison! OMG! They are like 200 each! I was like, so I can have a dozen of these lemon bars and do what "R" did! So, I ate "8" of them just because of that! hehe - am I bad or what? Didn't eat much else all day, just those dang lemon bars. OVER IT!

B - Today is the day, and I couldn't be happier! WOO HOO FOR ME!

Renee - Ok, now you will be able to read my posts! I am officially on Phase 2! Now what I did yesterday is DEFINITELY loading to me. OMG - 9 lbs over LIW? First time since I started this protocol I am this high for a start. Oh well, live and learn. That will be the subject of my post tomorrow.
Later gaters,

Biz

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Kate Bush on video?? VERY rare! That album is one of my favs (among his other albums) and yes, it is very uplifting, along with his other work. "Mercy Street" always undid me....

Speaking as a veteran (here we come R2P3!) I can wholeheartedly agree with your subject. Too many martinis, glasses of ovaltine (remember?), chips, pushing the envelope like a kid does to see how far we can go and get away with it?

One of the many great things about this protocol is that even if you stray, you can catch up pretty quickly, compared to other weightloss programs. You lose weight so fast. And this community will give you support, tough love, shared experiences, everything you need to get back on track.

Great post, as usual!

maryg911 said...

Oh, Miz Biz, I needed to read your blog today, it was really eye opening! Thanks for sharing that dark moment in your life and coming out of it to see the light. I didn't taste the lemon bar but later you will see what I did taste and reading your post today has shed some light for me!

beachbrights said...

Biz, thanks for all your support. I hope you know that I am not giving up but have felt very alone lately and your post really means domething to me. I know that this has been my own self imposed feelings (because in reality, you & others have been there). I just need this break. Something is not right and the "cheats" were out of control!

You know me, a perfectionist. This is my downfall. All or nothing, and I could not recover from the first taste of peanut butter. When do we ever learn from out mistakes and not just recognize them?

So, I will take this time to get organized. I think I will lower my dose like Lili has suggested.

I am so excited that you will be starting P2 again, I just love watching you succeed! I am sending you HUGE WEIGHT LOSS VIBES!!!!

XOXO-

applebottomblues said...

What a great "pick me up" post today. I really needed that. Thanks.

Ed & Jennifer said...

Biz, you are too much sometimes! That song has soooo many memories for me starting when I was 12yrs. old hearing it for the first time! As I sit here listening to it many memories come across my mind, thanks for posting that! I can now add anther great memory-it relates so much to this protocol, see why I start my day with your blog? I still open yours first before I even go to mine :)

Welcome back to P2-HALALUJA! Biz, I only dream of eating 8 lemon bars-ya know I've never really allowed myself to do that (with anything). I would totally do it but my mind starts messing with me and then guilt takes over (even before the protocol). No biggie on the + LIW you know you'll have it handled in no time! Can't wait to be apart of this round with you (again)!

Yes, we need to discuss "closet eaters"...this one gets me goin'!

BTW, my peeps call me "Jenn", I love it!

Wendy said...

You are as eloquent as usual!! I have so totally been there... AT THE BOTTOM...

You are so right about rallying around one another to help and support eachother. That is why I am here. Sometimes you just need that little push on someone else's blog that says, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

Well done, my friend. You are like my favorite bra!! HA HA HA

LOVES,
~W

Crystal Lee said...

Wooo Biz Wiz! So sweet of you to post your words of encouragement. :) Last round was not nice to me but this round I am sure will be 100% better. :)

HUGS and thanks so much.

Crystal :D

Paul said...

Thanks for the song.

All the while you are busy being there for everyone, know that we are here for you too, and are excited to see the progress you are achieving this round.

Unknown said...

OMG Biz, I really needed to read your blog today. I have been struggling this round. I have cravings, but I'm not cheating. I want to lose, but I'm tired of wanting more. I know I can do it. I'm inspired by the others on this board. I needed to hear your 'don't give up' message. Thank you.

Ann

Becca said...

Hey Biz, sounds like you and I were approaching a similar problem from different directions today (or really yesterday for me I guess.) I absolutely loved your post and if you can believe it, I had never heard that Peter Gabriel song and it really gave me the ole goosebumps. So thanks a whole bunch for the encouragement I'm sure we all needed it...

smacmo said...

Ok, I FINALLY figured out how to leave a comment! Biz, you inspired me during my wait for my hcg. Thank you! I'm on VLCD 10, and I'm down 9.2 lbs. This rocks!
Shelly

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online