Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm Legal Again! - 01.16.08 - D07P4R3

LIW - 175.4 lbs (12/17/07)
Today's Weight - 177.4 lbs
2.0 OVER LIW

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

I ate apples, bananas, oranges, walnuts, leftover steak for a snack (twice!), a great big green mixed salad with House Italian dressing with a bit of Pork Char Siu on top with Bleu Cheese for lunch - and then dinner consisted of a another great big green salad with leftover Huli Huli Chicken with House Italian dressing sprinkled with Feta Cheese this time. A total of around 1959 calories divided this way: 108 Fat, 128 Carbs, 129 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Please fill out this survey if you haven't already! Stalls, Gains and Cravings - What to do? P2 Experience Only


Lookie there, it only took me almost 3 weeks, but I am back down to "legal limits" - wow, that was totally enlightening!!! Let me tell you this people - I was 183.4 on Friday morning - 8 lbs above my LIW and today I am only 2 lbs over. 6 lbs lost in 5 days. Pre-HCG this would NEVER happen. Any little deviation I would have on Atkins would cause a gain of about 4 or 5 pounds and then it would take literally 2 or 3 weeks (or MORE) to come off.

I am wondering if my hypo is really getting healed. I shouldn't expect to eat junk and NOT gain, after all I am a menopausal woman prone to major fluxes in life. But my body seems to be remembering this LOWER set point and when giving it the proper 'fuel' is eager to get back down to that point. This happened in my 2nd break and it has now happened in my third. I have gained an incredible amount of weight eating NOT RIGHT but have been able to lose it quickly and FAST instead of SLOW - there is something to this. The trick is like I have mentioned before, being aware.

What is it that they say? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Thank you Ben Franklin for stating it so well. Nuff said.

Sorry folks Splenda discussion will have to wait for a bit, not finished with researching yet. It's a big job to research and then put this all into a format that I can understand it all!

Couple that with the fact that I am in a bit of a writing slump right now. I have thousands of things to write about in my head that it's a bit overwhelming. I need to take a few days and get my act together so that I can come back in full force.

Oh the joys of being a writer. The dreaded "writer's block" - this is where I am right now - can't think of a thing to say - so excuse me if I take the next few days to regroup and get back up to that creative edge I had not to long ago.

I will still update - so no worries there. I might even have a surprise or two for you! Who knows, my mojo might come back by tomorrow!


On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Mary - Two of my friends both chimed in with a response, no load is necessary after the initial load. Hmmm, interesting, going to gather more information before I make a final decision on this.

Crystal - I am not quite sure how loading at the beginning can have any effect on what happens on the end. Could you explain your reasoning on this? I always understood the loading to happen because of needing to fill up fat stores so that the initial days of 500 cal would not effect you - subsequent days would be taken care of by the HCG being full in your system by then. Help me understand what your trying to say ok?

Monica - !!! At first I didn't know who you were and then when I went to your profile I discovered it was YOU! I am SO glad you are taking this journey to blog! Good for you! It will help YOU most of all to have a record of your progress, and then it will help US also! And I am selfish like that!

Wendy - My sister has Fuch's Dystrophy, a degenerating disease of the eye. She is having a cornea transplant. Thanks for asking! WOO HOO I can't wait to get back on P2 - this time it's for a specific purpose, I want to look GOOD when I go to CA! WOO HOO FOR ME! hehe
Take care people, and thanks for understanding.

Biz

8 Comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Biz! Congrats on getting "legal" again--excellent job! Listen, don't worry about "writer's block", you're doing great here on the blog, and you know this is "the" place where everyone comes---you have LOYAL readers and that means they are...LOYAL. Take a few days to let the dust settle upstairs, we'll still be here when you're ready to re-engage. Don't feel pressured to perform, this is not a newspaper, it's a labor of love, remember? Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hola, mi chiquita! Mi ingles es no bueno porque mi espanol! Meaning, in pigeon spanish, that I am speaking so much spanish my english is suffering. Kinda funny, eh? American ex-pats say they have experienced the same thing... you start thinking in spanish. And let's not even talk about my breaking into french or german instead of spanish. Whew!

I finally found HCG -- pregnyl, made by organon. $25 for one 5000IU vial. About the same as ordering, including shipping, at least from my sources (I get mine out of moldavia). I am not flush with funds, as you can imagine -- so I don't know that I can afford to buy a bunch -- I got one for myself. Email me for more info -- I'm back in the big city, am online.

My bladder is almost completely better!!! No pain. Amazing. Due to following dietary rules, taking particular supplements, and no baths at all, among other things. So I am thinking of starting up P2 again when I return.... yippee!! I'm going to be cautious and not commit yet, but hopefully I will be joining you guys around next week! Yee-haw! I have no idea what my weight is right now.. but my clothes are still falling off me so I must be OK. :)

Oh, got stung twice by a scorpion 2 days ago!! Ouch!!! They burn like heck and hurt for quite awhile, but they said it must have been a baby scorpion, and I was fine the next day. Que exotico, no?

I can't hog the hotel's community computer too long, so I will have to catch up on yours and everyone else's blog when I return Sunday. Muchos besos, mi amiga! Pura Vida!

maryg911 said...

Wow, look at you go!! Good for you for getting back down to your legal limit. Your next phase should be a breeze!!

beachbrights said...

Congrats of getting your weight down. I know how hard you worked! I'm learning that stuggling makes achieving that much sweeter!

Thanks for posting your menu. I will be referencing this experience when I start R2P3!

XOXO-

Crystal Lee said...

I'm not sure what I mean about loading. LOL Seriously as I said, it could simply be psychological but I struggled so bad last time and I did not load well.
The first round I loaded great and did great the entire round. No cravings, lost quickly, etc.

I think Marshall had a good idea about what kinds of foods you load with. For example more fats than carbs and sugar.

But even if the load only effects your beginning, I can not wrap by brain around why you would not want to start strong and finish strong. If you start out slowly and struggle then that somewhat sets the tone for the entire round. Does it not?

Just my opinion....thanks

Crystal :D

Ed & Jennifer said...

Holla girlfriend! You are doing so good Biz! I have been so out of the loop because we are STILL traveling back to Houston! It has been a great looong road trip but I'm ready to be home now! I have had very little internet connection but guess what?! Our blog is ready-yay! I plan on posting our first post tonight with our stats from our first load yesterday! We are happy to be back on P2 (VLCD starts tomorrow). Biz, thanks again for your inspiration and your willingness to help me get started with the blog-you have been such a solid example of success using this protocol. Even when you think you don't have much to say, you are always there every morning devoted to us...thank you, thank you!

Here is our blog address:

http://www.acouplesjourneywithhcg.blogspot.com/

If you have a min. take a look at it (I'm open for any suggestions)!
It's a work in progress but at least it's a start.

Have a great day!

applebottomblues said...

Congrats on getting back to 2 over LIW.

Don't sweat the writers block. Just like you told me... this blog is for YOU. We're all along to watch your amazing ride, but in the end... it's your journal & we'll be here. Your stats are so much inspiration on their own!

Becca said...

Hurray you did it! You are the WOMAN!!! And even when you've got writer's block you're worth reading! so there...

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online