Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Secret of Maintaining Weight - 01.03.08 - D15P3R3

LIW - 175.4 lbs (12/17/07)
Today's Weight - 178.6 lbs
3.2 OVER LIW


Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream
Mid Morning Snack: Half an apple and some Peanut Butter
Lunch: Cheese Steak Omelet from Waffle House with a side of sliced tomatoes
Mid Afternoon Snack: Two buffalo chicken wings
Dinner: Large green lettuce salad with Italian Dressing and Feta Cheese and a hard boiled egg, two leftover bbq pork ribs
Dessert: 2 Miller Lites - HA!!!

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! Again, we didn't get a chance to release our Newsletter yesterday, my partner had an unexpected death in her circle of friends, and I have assured her that this is the last thing she needs to worry about. So please be patient.

Lise is still looking for support for her Teeth Fund, if there is ANY way you can help her, please pay attention to this Preview Commercial - her date of takeoff to Costa Rica is the 6th:

End of Preview Commercial!

Here is the eMail form for signing up for the New Book Club! By now, you folks know just about anything can happen in my life at any time. Almost right when I was finished making my rounds yesterday with the blogs, I ended up heading out to work with my husband. Totally wasn't expected, and I plum just forgot to start the book club yesterday after I got back home. I will be focusing in on this today, actually sometime this morning , this time I promise to get going on it? If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Thank you for the responses I received yesterday for the FAQ question I posed, I got responses from Wendy, Cathy, Claudia, Crystal and Ann. I am going to leave up this FAQ question a few more days to try to get more responses. Again, the FAQ form has only one question on it, you can take as much room as you like, it should be able to handle your response.

Please take a few moments to fill this form out:

TOM / Aunt Flo Issues on the Protocol



Well lookie there!

3 pounds, GONE, just like THAT! No muss, no fuss. Did I starve myself yesterday? Nope. Did I indulge yesterday? Nope. Did I watch my salt intake? YUP! Did I drink my water? YUP! Ah, so that is the secret ... being aware of what I am putting in my mouth to feed my body!!! Can you say, DUH?!?!

Well, at least that is MY secret. Being aware. This is, as it should be, a very important concept to understand. No longer is it time to throw caution to the wind. The time has come to truly start treating my body right. I really thought about this very thing this morning. I came to this conclusion and I describe it best with an illustration:

We have two very nice vehicles. It took us a long time to get to this point. At one point in our married life, we had a vehicle we were making payments on, yet sat under the carport for 18 months, not running because we couldn't afford to get it fixed, and the one thing my husband is not, is a mechanic. This vehicle got this way because of poor maintaining. Totally our fault, the old 'junk in junk out' thing really applied to us at that part of our lives.

We didn't find maintaining this vehicle a priority, and so it repaid us by not running.

Kind of like what I have been doing to my body all these years. I have been seriously not maintaining it properly, and it repays me by being fat and lethargic, not wanting to run at optimum level. Yesterday, I really focused on 'maintaining' it properly. I made very wise food choices and it repays me by dropping those unwanted pounds.

Our two nice vehicles? My husband and I are both very focused on the maintaining schedule of both of them, and both of the vehicles repay us by not giving us an ounce of trouble. Why would I ever think that my body would be any different than an inanimate object like a car?

So that is the secret, being aware. Be aware that there are consequences to the food choices we make. In my case, I have to be aware of how much salt I am putting in my system. I have to make responsible food decisions that will help me maintain my body, my health, my weight. That means becoming very aware of food labels. Learning even what natural foods contain sodium. Because I have an affinity to heart related issues by genetics, I have to be even MORE aware of sodium and it's affect on my body, not only for the maintaining of weight, but for heart health as well.

Over the past few weeks, I have spent a lot of time researching 'maintaining' weight. There is a surprising amount of things we can learn from this topic. Tomorrow I will focus in on some of the numbers we need to be aware of to help us in our journey to goal.


Just wanted you all to check out the "10 Minutes Lists" of some other readers that were posted over the last few days: CB, Becca and Mary had TWO, here and here, all had INCREDIBLE lists! WOO HOO! Those were FUN weren't they??? Anybody else wanna join in on the fun???

Also wanted to give a little update on JPS - she is doing WONDERFULLY! She really deserves it, she has had a couple of breaks where steak days were a common occurrence, and this round? Not so much! She is experimenting with all sorts of things, starches and sugars mostly, and is maintaining just fine. She had w/w bread, hash browns and some Spanish Fudge her mother sent to her yesterday, and she LOST weight. Good for her!

My son? We wont even talk about him. ROFL



On to my commenter's:
Amy! - Can I just say how AWESOME it is to have you back among the blogosphere? I have truly missed your insights and comments, and most of all your postings! WOO HOO!!! I will be delving into the whole "Male" perspective soon, I actually have a reader out there (male) that is willing to give me some much needed insight into the male perspective and this protocol.

Wendy - I am SO glad they are back at school! OMG! Sanctuary! My sister laughed at me - she says I sound just like our MOM! ROFL - I love my kids, but I love them away a little every day! Is that wrong?!?! ROFL

Mary - Now that is very interesting. My number one FAVE snack used to be Ruffles and Hot Sauce. They are IN the house, and I have NO desire for them, whatsoever. What is THAT about??? This time, I am craving the sweets. Even my husband says that some aliens have taken over my body. hehe

Ann-Marie - I did drink, drink, drink, and look where it got me! WOO HOO FOR ME! Over indulgence is a thing we all have to be careful of yes?

Lili - a special physique! Ah yes, is THAT what you call it. Interesting about the relationship between potassium and sodium, I am going to have to look at that more closely, according to FitDay, my potassium was 2117 yesterday and my sodium was 2909 - hmmmm, can you say MORE RESEARCH???

B - Thanks for stopping by yourself! Yup, it was cured with a LOT of water! ROFL - Oh yeah, and a little help of some Dandelion Tea last night! ROFL

Becca - Can I just say LUCKY GAL??? Geesh, I wish I didn't have to worry about Aunt Flo anymore, ugh.
Take it easy folks, have a wonderful day!

Biz

8 Comments:

maryg911 said...

Woo Hoo for you!! Now if only I could behave, he he!!

Crystal Lee said...

Great job hon! Like JPS I too have been experimenting with certain starches...not really sugar so much. Bread, beans, cereal and no gain so I am happy. I had some of my ham and cheese soup (see recipe on my blog) and now I am swollen it seems. LOL Not enough water at all yesterday. Easy fix though.

I hope you have a fab day! No post tomorrow, I think. I am in Jackson for my jobby job interview.

Anonymous said...

General rule of thumb is that you should ingest twice as much potassium per day than sodium. Which is certainly not the american diet! The best way to do this is to eat more fresh fruits and veggies. Supplemention should be done very cautiously -- ingesting amounts of 5000 mg or more can be dangerous. And supplements just don't absorb as well as potassium obtained from the diet. OK, that's my little 2 cents.!

Anonymous said...

P.S.

OK, and I had to laugh at your car analogy -- that's the analogy I use about my body as far as losing weight, getting a bit of botox (yes, say it loud and say it PROUD!), getting a breast reduction/lift a few years ago (paid for by insurance 100%) -- I tell people "You know, at a certain age you gotta knock a few dents outta the fender, fix the upholstery, give it a new paint job, etc..." I think it's a very apt analogy. I've been putting bad gas in for awhile, looks like -- gotta baby this old model, can't get another one!

Wendy said...

WATER WATER WATER!!

Yup that is the key! I am with ya, babe!! Like Lili said, I love the analogy with your car! ha ha

Take care

Burcu J said...

WOW Lady,
I know that you are the master :) Big congrats to you. Comparing with a car is smart and true.. We didn't take care our bodies, I take the blame for being overweight not blaming anybody but I'm so happy we are doing something about it now... Take care Biz.

Becca said...

Yep, we can't let the maintenance get away from us or you might just end up in the junk yard!
Biz, I'm pretty sure I signed up for the book club, but if not, give me a holler and I'll be sure to since I got the book and everything and I'm even reading it...

Becca said...

Hey, I just notice the purse your mini-me is holding. What a HOOT! ROLF! love it.

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online