Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes - 01.31.08 - D10P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 171.6
Today - 170.6
1.0 lb LOSS Overnight
4.8 lb UNDER LIW of Round Three (175.4)
13.8 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
80.2 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

I am such a creature of habit! Coffee and Half and Half, apple and a half a grapefruit. Lunch was Ground Beef Patty with Lettuce Salad / Mustard Dressing. Dinner was a Creole Catfish. I think I may be done with this menu for awhile, I will probably change things up a bit today! HA!

A total of around 460 calories divided this way: 11 Fat, 48 Carbs, 45 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Thanks goes to Andrea for answering the survey! Any others willing to approach this subject?

Foods on Phase 2 - Do Some Work Better Than Others?

Another One Bites The Dust! OMG - 80.2 POUNDS GONE!!!

I am pleased mind you, but seriously, WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING RIGHT??? I mean, come on, what are we supposed to expect come day 10 on the protocol???

What more needs to be said? Here are the numbers for those of you keeping track:

Day 9 (Complete) - Round 4 = 7.48% Body Weight Loss
Day 9 (Complete) - Round 3 = 6.21% Body Weight Loss
Day 9 (Complete) - Round 2 = 5.32% Body Weight Loss
Day 9 (Complete) - Round 1 = 4.55% Body Weight Loss

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

HA! I am sure you are going to go through the day today humming this song, and every time you do, you will think of this post, good thing, cause it's a good one, if I do say so myself. Let me just add, this is a long one. Bear with me.

There are times during the day where something crosses my minds path and I will be like, shoot, that would be something I should talk about in my blog. Sometimes the thoughts disappear shortly without another interest, but then sometimes they grab me and wont let go. Yesterday, I had a thought that wouldn't give me peace it was hanging on so hard.

Let me explain.

Yesterday was a good day. It really was. It was one of those days that seems everything is falling into place for some unknown reason. I was 'flying' and it was working - I was getting my housework done in record time, I was 'chatting' with friends and conversations were motivating and stimulating.

One of my '15 minutes' (you really must check out FlyLady if you don't know how powerful 15 minutes can be) scheduled yesterday was for me to go through a pile of clothes that were sent to me by my SIL - some of them used, but most of them new. There was a Dillard's that went out of business in the area they live and things were marked down dramatically. When they first got here over the weekend, I quickly went through them and saw that there were all 14's and so mentally I said, well, this ain't the round for these clothes, it will be NEXT round, so I wasn't anxious to go through them right away. But yesterday was the day I said I would finally handle them.

Before I go on, yes, I know I am wearing at the moment a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans that are a size 14 - but GV jeans always run bigger and I will tell you why. For us women that have "back" (big butts) GV jeans are the BEST jeans because she designs her jeans with room for the back trunk. Most other designers feel they must design jeans for people with flat butts, so us big butt girls need to usually get a size larger for it to fit over the butt area. Then we have to wear a belt because there is a gap at the waist. All the other pants I am wearing right now are 16's.

I came across a pair of what I like to call 'Daisy Duke' jean shorts. I call them that because they are SHORT Shorts, and when I first looked at them I was like RIGHT, I haven't worn jean shorts in decades, like I am ever gonna wear shorts this short, for heavens sake, I have to hide these fat legs of mine. You know as well as I do that when we are obese, we try to cover as much skin as we can, we don't want anyone seeing all that skin, I mean come on, they might think we are fat if they see skin! (Go ahead, tell me I am not the only one that reasoned this way)

Some alien force possessed me to try them on. O M G - THEY FIT!!! For your viewing pleasure is me in all my glory with these shorts, and might I add a medium top that was sent along also (remember, clickable for larger view):





My legs? They are doing that wiggly jiggly thing right now, which is ok with me because we all know that means that the HCG is doing it's thing. So keep that in mind, but can you believe I could get those dang things on??? I really thought when I looked at them, NO STINKING WAY, but YES, they are on.

Right after I took the picture, I had a brief 5 minute cry. I was beside myself with joy! But then reality stepped in and my mind took over and that blasted song POPPED into my head at that moment. Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Time May Change Me, But I Can't Trace Time

When the muse hit me like it did yesterday, and then wouldn't let go, I had to ponder what the heck did this mean, why was I supposed to write about this? I couldn't understand this lyric, much less how it applied to what was going on at this particular moment in my life.

Thank goodness for the internet world! As I was sitting here at my computer, staring at the screen yesterday afternoon, a little button popped up from my Yahoo window, and it was announcing to me that EweWho had just logged in. I said to myself, she is never on Yahoo, in fact, I invited her as a buddy like months ago and she never accepted the invitation so I just assumed she never used Yahoo Messenger, so since I was sitting here I opened up a chat window with her to say hi!

One thing lead to another and I told her about the Size 14 Daisy Dukes and I sent her the picture. I asked her about this lyric, and what her thoughts were on why this was hitting me as hard as it did. Chatting with her helped put the perspective on why it was that particular lyric that struck a chord with me.

Over time, roughly 7 months, time has changed me. I have changed in so many ways, it's not even funny. I have changed my eating habits, I have changed my emotional well being, I have changed my self esteem, I have changed my confidence, I have changed my physical body, I have changed my wardrobe, I have changed my medical condition, all profound changes to make me who I am today.

But I can't trace time ... I can't copy the time that has changed me because I am no longer the person I was. If I try to 'trace' the steps (time) that got me to this moment it wouldn't be the same because I am a different person. All we have is this moment. We are not guaranteed a future and we cannot relive the past. We are here in the now. We MUST make every moment count. Thank goodness hindsight is 20/20 - it is because of my living in the NOW that I am where I am today. It is because I have followed this protocol and treated it as a gift that I have gotten from a size 24 to a size 14 in 7 months. It is because I know I can't ever relive this moment that I stay true to the protocol. It is because I know that my time is valuable (after all I will be 46 this year) that each and every day is precious and this miracle that has crossed my path is worth doing right.

You can't trace time. You can't make up for lost time. Lost time is just that, it's lost and gone forever. Stay the course. You do that, time will be your friend. It will pamper you. It will caress you.

Time may change me, but I can't trace time. You can't copy what time changes in you. Deep, I know, but think about it.

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
smacmo - I really need to get to your blog! I have been told that before, but I said I wouldn't do it until I was done and maintained for at least 6 months, then I would really know this works! Aren't I just the silliest thing???

Lili - Aww girl, you rule!

CB - Thanks girl, you will be here shortly!

Mary - Thanks!

Wendy - I am supposed to be doing 26 days, but things may cut it short, I wont know until this weekend is over so I will be sure to let the community know my plans.

Jenn - goodness girl, what can be said that hasn't been said already. You are my heart, did you know that?

Mariel - AH YES! Now I know who you are! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading, hey, this thing keeps me honest ya know???

Monica - you have no idea how fortunate you are! Give that man a hug from all of us! I owe you an email, it will be sometime this morning!

Renee - Thanks!

Becca - I sure can't wait to get to your blog! That is my midmorning fun! Thanks for the kind words, and girl, you are TALL!!! You go girl! Thanks!
Time is on my side, Biz

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, 80 lbs down -- girl, that is unreal. And incredibly impressive!

I think I need the flylady -- My house always looks like a bomb just went off in every room -- thanks for the link.

maryg911 said...

Hey that really put in perspective for me, size 24 to 14 in 7 months and 80 lbs lighter? That is frickin' awesome!! You are my hero!!
Hey I use Flylady too, but I don't nearly do as much as I should but it helps with those nifty tips.
Hey for kicks, can you post what time you eat at? We seem to have the same schedule so I was just curious to know what the times were. I'm not sure if that's my problem or not.

Ed & Jennifer said...

Cha-Ch-Ch-Changes...oh yeah Biz! Another one bites the dust-can you even believe it? And over 80 lbs, I'm in awe of you (you know that)!

"You can't copy what time changes in you"...very well said Biz! It just keeps getting better, each round, each day! You are absolutely being rewarded. So glad I was able to share in you size "14" moment yesterday, I'm so happy for you!

Like Ed and I always say: "Life is Gooooooood!"

Wendy said...

Sniff Sniff... Ok, I just started crying reading your post today. You are so completely inspirational and true. Why am I getting so emotional?

OMG Biz, I am so proud of you and you look FANTASTIC! 80 freakin pounds, are you kiddin' me. You have done so well and look at what you have accomplished!

I love you man.

((((((HUGS))))))

smacmo said...

Biz, you are so awesome! You must be THRILLED about the shorts! I was in Old Navy yesterday getting my DD some clothes, and I was eyeing some of the cute things for this summer!

What a difference a year makes!

EweWho said...

I got goose bumps again reading your post, Biz. It just really bears witness with my spirit. Time is truly a precious thing. We look back on it and wish we could change things, but we need to live in the NOW.

You've made an amazing transformation that includes more than just your physical looks. I'm glad you are happy with your new self, but not so happy that you stagnate where you are.

Love those 15 minutes!

Becca said...

I got a little teary eyed when
I read your blog today. It was such a sweet sentiment and so true. I think we have all changed and since I've started reading the blogs of others who are going through this process, it has been so great to see the progress and change that everyone has experienced. Some of us have had some pretty big bumps to get over
but one thing that stayed constant was our confidence that we were on the right path and that this would
work for us even if we did have little detours that would put us off track for a while. Along with being grateful for this protocol, I must say that I am just as grateful for this great group of people (with you at the top of the list) who I have had the great fortune to meet and to share this journey with. Lub U!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online