Friday, January 25, 2008

How Many Times Have YOU Read Pounds and Inches? - 01.25.08 - D04P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 178.4
Today - 177.4
1.0 lb LOSS Overnight
2.0 lb Over LIW of Round Three (175.4)
7.0 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
73.4 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

An apple and a half a grapefruit. Lunch was Chicken & Lettuce with Dijon Mustard Dressing. Dinner was Wet Pipikaula (Hawaiian Sweet Meat, OMG! This was good!!!) and Red Cabbage Cole Slaw.

A total of around 432 calories divided this way: 7 Fat, 46 Carbs, 52 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Ok! I have formatted and put up the FAQ on "TOM - Aunt Flo Issues"!!! Yeah! I actually accomplished something yesterday!

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Foods on Phase 2 - Do Some Work Better Than Others?



HA! 1.0 Overnight! I am on my way! 7 of the 9 lbs above LIW gone in three days, gotta love my HCG! Only 2 more lbs until I am at LIW - when will that be??? Who is a part of my little contest from Wednesday?

Still In The Running:
  • Martha - Saturday
  • Cathy - Day 6, which would be Sunday
  • Mary - Saturday
  • Wendy - Saturday
  • Monica - Sunday
Oops, Didn't Happen
  • Jennifer - Friday - Sorry :(
  • Rosie - Friday - Sorry :(
  • Becca - Friday - Sorry :(
Becca, Rosie and Jenn, I am so sorry I didn't make it. But girls??? 9 lbs in 3 days??? What do you think I am? Some fat burning machine or something??? HA! Do you realize that for me to lose 9 lbs, that is 4.88% of my starting weight??? That usually doesn't take place until the 5th - 11th completed day - I guess I should have let you know that little tidbit of information eh???

I know, I know, you all were being extremely sweet to me. Just being my little cheering section!!! I feel like I should offer you a 'trying' prize...hmmm...let me think on this a bit...



So Really, How Many Times Have YOU Read Pounds and Inches?

Me? I seriously couldn't tell you. It's been alot! During my first round, that manuscript was by my side each and every day. I printed the original manuscript out, put it in a binder and I looked at it every day. When I first got it, I read it twice the same day - front to back. It was so enlightening, everything this dear man said rang so true in this feeble ole brain of mine.

While on the forums, I would be tested as to my knowledge, so there I was, looking it over time and time again. Someone (bless their soul) had taken the time to convert the manuscript into a digital format, so now I could use the SEARCH feature to find the exact excerpt that I wanted and be able to answer a question from it - in HIS words, not in mine.

So I say this because it literally BLOWS my mind when I see something I missed. I am like, what the heck happened? Did I just skip this the first 18,000 times I read it??? This happened to me the other day, with Monica when she mentioned something about Brilliantine - not that I doubted her or anything but I had to pull it out and see if for myself. And by George, it was there. I did totally skip it.

That is why I am so blessed to be a part of this community. You folks always keep me on my toes. I am always checking and rechecking, and each time I do, I seem to find out something new.

I know that some of you came on the HCG Train using the book from Kevin Trudeau. Not that I have anything against the man, but let me just leave it here - I have lost this weight without ever touching his book. And although I sure appreciate him for bringing this information to the masses, I wouldn't follow his book for all the money in the world.

Now, that being said, if those of you have ONLY read KT's book and not Dr Simeon's manuscript, then I beg of you, stop what you are doing and read it. The original scanned manuscript can be found here:

Pounds and Inches - It's a PDF so it will take a bit of time to load!

How Did I Miss This?

Ok, that whole prelude right there leads me here. I was on the HCG2 Yahoo Group yesterday, looking up some information for an answer to a post, and I came across this little tidbit, that I have completely missed, yes, the first 18,000 times I read it:
The Diet

The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.
Notice what I have highlighted in bold - now, as most of the blogging community knows, I take everything that DR S says as literal. He meant every single word he said, and he meant it for a reason. If he left something out, then it didn't need to be considered, but if he added something in, then it DID need to be considered.

Now, this might not strike you as odd, but it did me. Why would he say "Here in Italy" - my ultimate question would be, if he were in "Mexico" would his choices of fruits / vegetables / meats be different? Quite frankly, I don't think his meat choices would be any different, as he was very specific to make up and fat content and how much we should eat. But were his fruit and vegetable choices made because that is what was available there in ITALY??? Like I said, would it have changed if he were in Mexico? Or if he was in Hawaii? Or what about Japan? Each culture has it's own native fruits and vegetables, would he have chosen different ones had he been in a different place?

This has had me wondering for some time. For instance, I use alot of Napa Cabbage and Bok Choy during my Phase 2 - did he allow it? No, he said 'cabbage' - but both of them are from the cabbage family, and I have used it with no issues. So I wonder how far I can go with this. Releana, we all know, allows Broccoli and Cauliflower on their menu with no apparent issues.

Dr S allows radishes, which is a root vegetable. Would he have allowed turnips if he were in Japan? Or jicama if he were in Mexico? Do you see where I am going with this?

I would love some discussion on this, help me out people, tell me if I am barking up the wrong tree. Tell me that Dr S saying "Here in Italy" means nothing. Go ahead. I will be watching.



On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Lili - oh yeah, you smarty pants! I corrected it as soon as I saw your comment! I was hoping everyone would be saying, what the heck is Lili talking about. See? It takes it off of me being the dunce! Gotta love me right???

HA! That video is too much, you are TOO funny! I hope you are feeling better my sweet, I hope they found out what was wrong with you.

Mary - HA! Not swiftly enough my friend! I want it GONE and GONE now! But hey, I will take a pound a day loss anyday!

Crystal - Nope, not sold on them yet. I have read so many pros and cons, and I actually have a friend that has one. I haven't chatted with her about it yet (she is in Augusta) but I have chatted with friends of hers that believe its all a bunch of huey. Now granted, they also believe HCG is all a bunch of huey so they can't be trusted! LOL - Enjoyed our chat yesterday!

Jenn - I still should NOT be talking to you, I am still sulking - but hey, I need to get over it. At least SOMEONE is testing my theories!

CB - Thanks girl! I thought you were traveling??? I didn't expect to see you this morning???

Monica - Recipe? HA! I will write it down and post it.

Becca - Sorry Charlie, only good tasting ... forget that. But I still lost, so that still makes me a loser right??? I haven't wanted to put in my vote because, we know we all have self fulfilling prophecies right? I don't want it out there in the universe. I am so silly!

When you see that Becca, that means the person that wrote it removed it. In my experience what happens is one of two things. Something crazy happens in cyberspace and it gets posted twice. Or, what is more apt to happen, is that I hit the publish button too quickly and I didn't proof what I wrote and then I notice there is way too many mistakes and because I can't correct them, I just delete and write over. HA! It's not as sinister as you think!
Biz

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I did broccoli (alot!) on P2 with no problem. Since I have to limit my food choices even more this time I am going to try even more different veggies -- low carb/sugar ones, of course. We'll see!

smacmo said...

Hey Biz, I have to admit, I have wondered the same thing. It was also the 1950's, for heaven's sake!! Menus and preferences have changed too. I specifically have wondered about turnips. I know that I used them on Atkins with no ill effects.

Unknown said...

I agree with you, Biz, his choices were guided both by what works and what was available at the time. That's why we should probably be guided BOTH by what the Doc wrote as well as the wisdom gleaned over the years by the various clinics and doctors that have used the protocol and experienced success. I use broccoli, cauliflower and green beans, but that's about as far as I stray off the protocol.

Wendy said...

It is funny you should mention this today! I actually ate broccoli for the FIRST TIME ever on all 4 rounds of P2. I really have stuck with just a couple of veggies and couldn't bring myself to eat one last night!! So I made shrimp and broccoli. Which btw was really yummy and would you know I lost more last night then from the start of this round? 1.8 lbs to be exact. hmmmmmm you may be on to something.

Ed & Jennifer said...

What's up Bizinator! What I lost? Biz, I was so certain you would be to your LIW today-is it too late to change my answer?! Oh well! Still a great loss girlfriend!

Okay, you addressed something I think we are all wondering! Based on me and Ed's little experiment I would have to say as long as we don't eat sugar/starches, eat protein, drink water and stay under 500 cal there may be some room for variety...even alcohol! I'm so thrilled with this round so far and totally relaxed. Since we are going to be doing 40 days (or until I reach my goal) I'm open to a little testing! Hmmm!

Great post...way to stir it up!

maryg911 said...

Mmmmm, jicama, think I will experiment with this when I restart VLCD again next week. Do me a favor, could you go for a gentle walk today? ( I want to win, haaa). Hey, which Dijon mustard dressing are you using. I have my version but curious as to yours, please share, or is it the one posted on the left sidebar?
I can't tell you how many times I've read it, I have bookmarked certain sections and now every page seems to have a bookmark. I'm planning on rereading it this weekend as a refresher. Guess I should have done that before starting P2 again, duh! Yes, I have KT's book and now I slap myself for even buying it, I already had Dr. S's manuscript. Guess I was just curious!
Oh, and I really believe that Dr. Atkins derived his diet from Dr. S. just with the exclusion of the injection. Dr. A. probably felt that his diet would be easier to follow with the allowable foods rather than a strict 500 calorie diet. JMHO

EweWho said...

I was just saying this the other day, Biz. I think Dr. S used what was in his area and available at the time. As a kid in the 60s I had never heard of kiwi fruit or jicama. Now you can find them in almost every supermarket.

I've used green beans in every round and haven't had any problems.

You always have the best-looking stuff on your menu. It makes me hungry! Nah, just a mental hunger.

Becca said...

Biz, this is very strange, but when I was going over the diet with my newbie, I found that very passage and I was wondering the same thing. And I was wondering if it there would be a difference in vegetables if it was another country. Why not peppers or broccoli or cauliflower? So he does also say that we shouldn't just go making stuff up and expect it to magically work as long as we're under the 500 cals. (No offense Jen and Ed, LOL) But since we're going it on our own I see no harm in exploring a little. We can research it more fully and check the nutritional values. I believe we all have a fairly good idea of what we need to avoid by now, starches, sugars, fats and higher calories, but since we are all taking responsibility for our own health and our own management of the protocol it will really come down to a personal choice. As it always has...

Anonymous said...

Well, darlin', I'm gonna be a test subject, as I really can't eat most of the veggies and fruits on his list -- or make them palatable without my usual vinegar or lemon juice! I'm really glad you posted this topic. It will be a challenge to see what is non-acidic and non-irritating to my bladder, yet is low carb and low starch.

I did do broccoli on P2 -- green beans?? Really? I could roll around in a whole bathtub full of green beans with garlic!!!! Yummy!!! (Hey, one more round of P2 and maybe I could make a bit of extra cash rolling around nekkid in the tub with a bunch of vegetables and selling the pics... there's a fetish for everything out there.... ummm..... sorry. Won't go there anymore. Ahem.)

Whatcha think about red bell peppers? They are higher in sugar, but so are tomatoes. Carrots? They're probably a real no go, as they are really high sugar, but the high fiber content may equal things out -- I'm willing to experiment.

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online