Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just One Of Those Days - 01.08.08 - D20P3R3

LIW - 175.4 lbs (12/17/07)
Today's Weight - 180.6 lbs
5.2 OVER LIW

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

Breakfast: 2 Peanut Butter Drops - and a Pecan Chewy Candy
Mid Morning Snack: Half a serving of REGULAR Lasagna, two pieces of butter toast (white bread mind you)
Lunch: A hamburger (with swiss cheese, pickles, mayo and ketchup) complete with BUN, and some kettle chips, and throw in some Praline Pecans with a small amount of leftover potato salad!
Dinner: A small pork rib

A total of around 2000 calories divided this way: 110 Fat, 154 Carbs, 91 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Here is the eMail form for signing up for the New Book Club! WOO HOO! I did my part, I read what I was supposed to read and I filled out the post, now I am just waiting for comments! If you have a chance today, go to the HCG BOOK CLUB and join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

I have taken down the TOM / Aunt Flo FAQ Question, and I am putting up another but I am going to wait until tomorrow.

I would still like to get some questions from my Sunday's post about interviews. If you didn't see it could you go here and take a look, thanks! Thanks goes to Jennifer and Becca for giving me some quality questions!


Just One of Those Days

Yesterday was not a good day for me. I didn't get good sleep Sunday into Monday, in fact, I had gotten up at 1:30am and by the time I figured out I couldn't get back to sleep (around 3:30am) it was way too late to take anything to help me sleep (my trusty Benadryl!) for fear I would sleep right through taking the kids to school.

Something about me? I don't do well without sleep. Sleep has always been something that I require mass quantities of and it's been this way for as long as I can remember. I seem to want to close my eyes around 2 hours after sunset (which poses a problem as you can understand when it's sunset at 5pm).

Back when I became pregnant with my daughter, insomnia reared it ugly head for the first time in my life, and it's been that way ever since. The HCG believe it or not has been the first thing that has allowed me to sleep like a baby through the night without an issue. So when I am on the P2 portion of the protocol, I am pure heaven and it seems like I am making up for lost time. But when off, the insomnia hits me once again.

Needless to say, yesterday morning was a grouch. Couple this with the fact that I am already experiencing weird and strange cravings for sweets this round, and it was a dangerous combination full of unhealthy food choices. Let me add in here right now that the "girls" have been quite sore the last few days, and you have not only a dangerous situation, but you could even call it volatile.

So from about 8am till 12pm, it was a situation of "let's see how much damage I can do in one morning" - I honestly do not know where all of that came from. I haven't had a hamburger ON A BUN in what seems like FOREVER (not just since I have been on protocol, but I have grown to really enjoy burgers without the bun since my Atkins days) - and let's not even mention the potato salad - I haven't had that in YEARS.

It was like this sensibility switch got turned off and my body was taken over by some alien force - it was not pretty, and seriously, it wasn't that good either. I was on some sort of auto pilot, not really caring what I put in my mouth.

After that last bite of potato salad, I was done. That was noon, and whatever switch that was turned off got turned back on, and I couldn't eat another thing all day. I drank water until it was coming out of my ears, and when my husband grilled pork ribs (my fave) for dinner I told him I really couldn't eat anything and he was like, just taste it, and so I did. I had just a small rib (like maybe 2 inches) and that was it for me for the day.

Two things I have learned from this experience, I seriously need to get my sleep in, and this food that I ate, I need to remember how it made me feel, like pure crud, it was NOT worth it. After all the good I have done for my body, how I fed it yesterday was not helping the cause.

So I had my little fling with stupid food, it sure wasn't worth it, and it has convinced me to not do it again. I must find another way to deal with insatiable cravings such as I had yesterday morning. One thing I could have done was just leave the house. HA!

Anyway, over and done with. Today is my world famous EGG DAY. I will FORCE these pounds to drop. All in all, I was expecting a 5 pound gain, so I didn't come off too badly. And Thursday marks the start of P4 so I wasn't too much longer that I would be able to eat these kinds of foods for real! Oh well, don't cry for me Argentina. I am over it and on to another day!



On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
CB - I heard from Renee for a brief second about a week ago, and I sent her another email to ask her some questions, and as of yet, nothing. I am sure it's the holiday's, I am hoping it isn't something more.

Lili - Protocol or not, we have grown attached to each other! Ya know??? I know you wont see this, you are already on the plane, but here are some good safe trip vibes being sent your way!

Wendy - HA! I wasn't singling anyone out, I just want UPDATES! I am an UPDATE um, well, you know the word! ROFL

B - Posting good and bad shows that we are all human, that we make mistakes and that we carry on. Even when it is just a stat report, it shows that you care about your readers ya know? Carry on my friend!
Biz

5 Comments:

maryg911 said...

Mmmm, lasagna, hamburgers yum!! Oh, what am I talking about, I've been eating off protocol since the start of P3, haaa!!

EweWho said...

I feel for ya, Biz! I fell off that wagon right before I finished P2. The cookies kept calling my name. Before I knew it I was up 3 pounds, then 5, and finally 11.8! Some was water gain from traveling, and now I'm back to 7.8 over LIW.

Ah, well, we know what we did wrong and how to correct it. I applaud you for sticking with P3 as well as you have. I just blew it off, but all I've lost is time.

Now I'm going to check out the post on the Book Club and get my reading done!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

MiStoGirly said...

Biz your positive attitude inspires us all! Is an egg day your alternative to a steak day?

beachbrights said...

Hang in there, even with the weight gain, you are still doing tremedously well. Keep your eye on the big picture!

XOXO-

Burcu J said...

Hey Lady,
I just post my concerns with cheating that I've done during this protocol, after I've post mine I visited yours and saw you indulged a little ..lol.. I don't know why we get week sometimes, I guess its just being a human. Don't worry lady you've done great on this protocol. We are so proud of you..
XOXO

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online