Monday, January 21, 2008

What Constitutes a Load? - 01.21.08 - Round 4 - 2nd "Load" Day

LIW - 175.4 lbs (12/17/07)
Today's Weight - 181.6 lbs
6.2 OVER LIW


Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

Not much of a load, although I did consume a bunch of calories! Dang those Lemon Bars! So this is what I ate yesterday, no set schedule. A banana, sliver of Red Velvet Cake, some Oreos, some of my Mock Potato Salad, a Lemon Bar, some Fritos, oh yeah, another Lemon Bar! For dinner we had something I have been hankering for for some time, Somen Salad - and then, you got it, another Lemon Bar. A total of around 1643 calories divided this way: 80 Fat, 168 Carbs, 68 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

I have taken down the latest FAQ - I have now two FAQ's in my possession that I need to work on to get uploaded. By tomorrow I will have those available, as well as putting up a new FAQ question for us to get ready for.


What Constitutes a Load?

I feel I didn't load yesterday, yet I had over 2300 calories. Funny how odd that number looks. There was a time on Atkins when I was eating anywhere from 2000 - 2500 calories a day, and I was pretty much eating a ton of food. Do you know how much you have to eat in order to get 2500 calories in and not touch carbs? It's pretty darn hard.

I didn't eat much yesterday, but I had 912 calories alone in those dang Lemon Bars. I have to tell you, JPS outdid herself with these things. I haven't had a lemon bar for almost 10 years. When I lived near Augusta, GA there was a Fresh Market there, and they had about the best Lemon Bars on the planet, put all others to shame so that when I left that the area, I pretty much gave them up.

Don't ask me why I had a hankering for them before I started my round 4, but I did and JPS delivered! They are awesome. But here is the thing ... each one of those little 2" x 2" squares run about 228 calories a piece, eat four of those puppies and you're up to 912 calories on them alone.

Did they fill me up? NOPE, but almost 1000 calories on that alone? That gave me about 1300 calories to eat on "regular" food. Not much really, when you consider all I ate extra was a little of my Mock Potato Salad and the Somen Salad (oh yeah, forgot about a few fried wontons as well) among other things.

Does that qualify as a load?

To me? Nope. Sure I ate things I wouldn't normally eat, but did I fill myself to capacity? Nope. Did I gorge? Nope. The mock potato salad and the somen salad with wontons I would have normally eaten during the day. Sure I would never have eaten 4 lemon bars in one day, but that doesn't constitute a load, does it?

When I compare what I ate yesterday to some of the menus I have had in the past, there is really no comparison, and then reality hits me. I used to eat a LOT of food. Good gracious. If I was FULL on what I ate yesterday, how did I never get full on twice that amount of food in the past???

Shoot, I used to "load" daily before HCG. No wonder I was 'morbidly obese' - I ate a ton of food.

So did I load or didn't I? I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. It's nowhere NEAR what I did my first OR my 2nd round. It is sorta what I did for my 3rd round. Just pretty much ate what I wanted with some Carrot Cake thrown in.

Oh well - we shall see yes?

BTW - I feel the HCG already in my system. It's flowing because my interest in food is waining. I felt it start happening yesterday late afternoon. I love my HCG.


On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Wendy - WOO HOO! You are back among the living! So we will be one day apart you and I yes? We have a BUNCH on this round to join us! How cool is that! We shall most assuredly compare notes!

Jennifer - HA! Did you call it today? One pound gain! I am sure it's from all that salt yesterday, oh yeah, Somen Salad is LOADED with it! Cream Cheese on a lemon bar? Interesting, must remember that little trick for my 5th ROUND! LOL - Good to hear no hunger. But I don't know if it's just a 3rd round thing or what, because everyone seems to do really well on the 3rd round! About the no coffee thing? It just happened that way. I am not "desiring" it so why drink it. I am actually really enjoying drinking tea again. Go figure.

Mary - The coffee thing? I really wasn't trying to kick the habit, it just happened that way. I was really starting to get concerned about my doing coffee on my 4th round because I had really gotten into the cream, but so far I am not wanting it, so we shall see. It's ON GIRL! LOL

Ewewho - Yup, back among all you LOSERS! Excellent! I can't wait to see that 100 lb lost moniker! I don't think it will happen this round, but I can almost be sure it will happen NEXT round! Won't that be a hoot???

Renee - Thanks sweetie! Now you will have to watch me post my phase 2 recipes and it wont be so bad...LOL

Monica - see there? Everything works out! I love your blog by the way! Good for YOU!
Almost back to my regular self peeps!

Biz

7 Comments:

applebottomblues said...

I'm in awe of your lack of wanting to load. At this point, I can't imagine not loading. I guess that's one of the things the HCG changes, but I certainly don't feel that yet. I keep taking note of things I want to have on my next load.

Anonymous said...

I'm back, I'm back! Check out my blog!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey girl! No, that's not loading-you're just having some yummy treats. :) I can't believe 4 of those little puppies were almost 1000 cal! It's not hard to understand why so many people are overweight-it doesn't take much!

My mother in law is like 300 lbs (5'1") and she she accidentally left her b-day cake in our truck yesterday. It took about 25 min. before she called us wondering where it was! Oops, sorry Mom! When we are with her she doesn't seem to eat much. We figured out she must eat a little (or lots) of the bad foods all day long! I mean it would take some cals everyday to maintain that weight! This is also coming from the woman that claims shes "tried everything in the book to lose weight and it doesn't work!" I get sooooo annoyed!

Yay, 2nd load day for you and then tomorrow you'll be right along with us! Enjoy your day!

maryg911 said...

You are too funny. Those lemon bars sound dee-lish!! Have some for me, please!! Enjoy those foods! Are you doing a short round this time? Oh, and I can't find that recipe for the Thai Hot & Sour soup that you so enjoyed during your last P2. Can you email it to me or just guide me to where it's at, thanks!

EweWho said...

Oh, I love a woman who loves to experiment! To load or not to load. Like you, I didn't load to capacity this round either. I only enjoyed about a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts over the two days of loading. Other than that, I just ate "normal" (whatever that means). I haven't had any problems at all with hunger, even though I lowered my dose by 50IU per day.

Wow! That is great that you are so in tune with your body that you can tell when it is in your system. Way to go!

I was on the forum this morning and checked for you. I saw that you had joined yesterday. I think you shocked the servers so much that they broke. ROFL They've been down since last night and still aren't up today! This is the first time that's happened since I joined!

Would you believe I've never tasted a lemon bar? Lemon is David's favorite, but not one of mine. I generally save anything lemon for him. I'll have to give them a try when I get to P4 if I find a recipe to make. I'm sure there are plenty on the web.

Here's looking for a great loss on this round!

Burcu J said...

Loding sounds so delicious.. :) Tomorrow is a big day huh.. You joining to R2 group.. I am sure you will do great.
Catch you tomorrow :)
XOXO

Renee said...

It sounds like loading to me, but I was never one of those over the top loaders anyway. Or maybe it just sounds like loading because I can't have a single thing you listed! HA!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online