Monday, January 7, 2008

Where Have All the Bloggers Gone? - 01.07.08 - D19P3R3

LIW - 175.4 lbs (12/17/07)
Today's Weight - 178.6 lbs
3.2 OVER LIW

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

Breakfast: Coffee with Cream - a small slice of Dulce de Leche
Lunch: A serving of my Eggplant Lasagna
Mid Afternoon Snack: Praline Pecans (these need to leave!)
Dinner: Hamburger Patty with a slice of Swiss Cheese, a pickle, some mayo mixed with horseradish, and some kettle chips - 3 Miller Lites! ROFL
Dessert: Small serving of Apple Crisp and a small serving of Ice Cream, with a few more of those Praline Pecans thrown in!

A total of around 1800 calories divided this way: 100 Fat, 123 Carbs, 50 Protein (need to focus on MORE PROTEIN!!! - Oh yeah, and cut out the sweets!)

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! We are really trying to get this out, I am looking at Monday - thank you all for being patient! I think it might just get released today! WOO HOO!!!

Lise is still looking for support for her Teeth Fund, if there is ANY way you can help her, please pay attention to this Preview Commercial - her date of takeoff to Costa Rica is the 8th (I was mistaken) - I will keep it up until she leaves on that day:

End of Preview Commercial!

Here is the eMail form for signing up for the New Book Club! WOO HOO! I did my part, I read what I was supposed to read and I filled out the post, now I am just waiting for comments! If you have a chance today, go to the HCG BOOK CLUB and join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Thank you Lili for filling out my FAQ question. Anyone else want to help me with my FAQ on TOM / Aunt Flo issues? I am leaving it up today, and by the time I update tomorrow, I will start a new one! Again, the FAQ form has only one question on it, you can take as much room as you like, it should be able to handle your response.

Please take a few moments to fill this form out:

TOM / Aunt Flo Issues on the Protocol

I would still like to get some questions from my yesterday's post about interviews. If you didn't see it could you go here and take a look, thanks!


Where Have All The Blogger's Gone?

It seems we are missing more than a few from our little community. I have 23 blogs I visit daily - 23 different websites I open, only to find not everyone is updating. We used to be a hefty little community of support and suddenly, poof, the majority have stopped.

What could be the reason?

Not being one that likes to jump to the worst possible conclusion, I try to figure out from their last post if there was any hint as to issues at hand that would cause them not to post anymore. I certainly understand that life can get in the way of our online activities, so if I see something like things have been crazy around here, I usually assume they are gonna start blogging again when the craziness stops.

The challenge though are the blogs that just STOP, no hint whatsoever as to what has happened. It's so hard NOT to assume the worst in situations like that - but I strive not to worry, knowing that things can happen in off line life that would prohibit people from coming on to give an update to their blogs.

But time moves on, and yet they still don't come back. Then what are you supposed to assume? Again, not wanting to be one that assumes the WORSE, I just assume that the HCG Protocol is no longer for them. It's gotten a bit disheartening to open those 23 blogs and find only 5 of those posted updates. One day, I opened all 23 and I only had 3 updated.

Ok, so these bloggers don't blog for me. But one has to wonder why all of a sudden do they stop? Is it just a matter of life getting in the way? Or is it something else? I wonder sometimes about the nature of the beast called online journaling. It's human nature to want to only talk about the good times, and not the bad. So, it's my opinion that some of these bloggers stopped posting because something didn't happen quite right with the protocol, and they consider themselves a failure of some sort and they don't want to talk about it.

In this little community we have here, we were all classified "overweight" if not "obese" or in my case "morbidly obese" - how much more down the ladder could that be for all of us??? Every pound we don't have since we started is a victory for us and something to celebrate. Even if we might fall by the wayside and eat things we shouldn't, we shouldn't feel SHAMED by it, and shy away from the support group we have surrounded ourselves with. That is when we need the support group more than ever.

Post your successes, but post your "not so much" too - that way we all can rally around you and help you get back on that horse and ride again. Each time you get back on that horse, instead of wallowing in the misery that unwise choices can cause, you get that much more stronger. It does not make you a weak person to post your unwise choices. It makes you human.

So, if you are one of those bloggers out there that continue to read my blog, but haven't posted on yours because of feeling inadequate, or not being able to offer anything positive, or whatever you might have in your head that has caused you to NOT post, please post. All you have to do is say, look, I am here, I am alive, I am trying hard to get back on track, I am WHATEVER, but don't give up on us, and don't allow us to give up on you.

You don't have to give us your life story. You don't have to explain they whys of what happened. Just an update.

Could you please???

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Mary - OH! I can't wait for your questions! THINK!!!!

Lili - Hopefully you will be able to drop me a line before you go!

Becca - Can't wait for your questions! And yeah, we have a fine line of what we can share and what we can't eh???

B - You're welcome my sweet. Can't wait for your questions!
Take care everyone!

Biz

4 Comments:

beachbrights said...

Great job on maintaining! I've got to get a clue and have a plan for my next P3. Thanks for posting your menu & break down. It helps!

I miss our bloggers, too! Hopefully it was just the holidays throwing everyone for a loop. Do you ever hear from Renee? I miss her!

Have a good day-
CB

Anonymous said...

I agree -- I really do miss my daily updates from this blogging group. I hope everyone starts up again, even if they're not doing the protocol -- like me -- we miss you guys!

Wendy said...

Good morning!!! I am guilty of not posting all that often lately... I am sorry for the scarceness (is that a word?)....

I plan on updating more frequently now that the holidays are over and normality is back!! (o:

Hope you had a great weekend, Biz!

XOXOXOXOX

Burcu J said...

You are doing a great job as usual. I also miss the friends, I've check them everyday but no updates.. :( I post even I am doing not good at all.. I post when I cheat and when I gain.. We all human and Its very hard to change eating habbits, even though we don't feel hungry but we wan't to taste something nice.. SO We can make mistakes. I wish they would let us know that they are doing ok. WE MISS THEM :(
Take care Biz, I am so glad you and a few others are posting.. Thank you for that..

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online