Thursday, January 24, 2008

What You Should Know About Brain Fog - 01.24.08 - D03P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 180.6
Today - 178.4
2.2 lb LOSS Overnight
3.0 lb Over LIW of Round Three (175.4)
6.0 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
72.4 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

An apple and a half a grapefruit. Lunch was Beef and Napa Cabbage, Thai Style. Dinner was Chicken and Baby Bok Choy Soup.

A total of around 432 calories divided this way: 7 Fat, 41 Carbs, 55 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Ok! I have formatted and put up the FAQ on "TOM - Aunt Flo Issues"!!! Yeah! I actually accomplished something yesterday!

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Foods on Phase 2 - Do Some Work Better Than Others?

HA! 2.2 Overnight! I am on my way! 6 of the 9 lbs above LIW gone in two days, gotta love my HCG! Only 3 more lbs until I am at LIW - when will that be??? Who is a part of my little contest from yesterday?

  • Martha - Saturday
  • Cathy - Day 6, which would be Sunday
  • Mary - Saturday
  • Wendy - Saturday
  • Monica - Sunday
  • Jennifer - Friday
  • Rosie - Friday
  • Becca - Friday
WOW! I like the way you all think!!! Let's see what is gonna happen! I am doing everything exactly as programmed in the protocol, no deviations of any kind, so you have my word I am working on it!!!



Brain Fog

What is brain fog? I am sure that each and every one of us has experienced this perplexing problem. You just don't feel quite right, your spacey, your forgetful, you lack focus, everything around you seems overwhelming.

Well, this is how I have felt, I would say, over the last 10 or so days. Actually, I would have to pinpoint it to the day I went completely berserk and ate all that crud. Yup, I would have to say that is when this whole day to day living in a fog just about started.

Causes

In doing some research (isn't that what I am always doing?), I was shocked to find out the many things that can cause "Brain Fog". For example:

Insomnia - Your brain needs sleep for optimal function. Your brain is working all the time and requires a tremendous amount of energy to function properly. And when you are deprived of rest, then your brain is one of the first organs to suffer. So we must give our brains a chance to rest. Are we all getting enough rest? I am working on this one.

Candida - Oh yeah, we have heard of this before haven't we. And what causes Candida? SUGAR. And did I have sugar? Um, YES! What is interesting to learn is that you are hit from both sides of this little puppy. From the GROWING of Candida in your system, and also from the DIE OFF!!! It got you coming and going! I tell you, this might be what I am going through right now, a die off of Candida because of being on the protocol. You think?

Adrenal Fatigue - This is something I am just starting to learn about, so I don't have enough information on this to give you a synopsis, but I did find that this is also a cause of "Brain Fog".

Metal Toxicity - Lots of talk recently about Ion Foot Baths over at the HCG2 Yahoo Group, something I am not completely SOLD on yet, but I am looking into it. But it seems that our bodies are full of metals from all sorts of places, and these metal toxins like to take root in the brain and this could cause "Brain Fog".

Overuse of Artificial Sweeteners - Oh yeah, there is that nasty subject again. Fortunately, since I have been off of Coffee, I haven't had occasion to use much Artificial Sweeteners so this particular one might not be the reason for my latest episode of "Brain Fog". Some Artificial Sweeteners are considered "excitotoxins" and that means they are toxic, and can disrupt brain function.

Constipation - HA! This could be a cause of "Brain Fog"? Well, when you think about it, what are our bowels supposed to do? Get rid of waste. If the waste is there and it's not going anywhere, what does it do? OMG - let's not think about that this early in the morning.
I have only SKIMMED these causes this morning, this is much more to be learned. It's actually good to know that there is a reason that I am feeling this way, and it's not just that I am getting old. ROFL

So what can we do to help "Brain Fog"?
  • Get Rest
  • Take a Walk in Fresh Air
  • Avoid Sugar (and Artificial Sweeteners)
  • Clean Out Your System (Bowels)
  • Cleanse metal toxins

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Mary - HA! The fog is lifting, slowly but surely! I got your vote recorded!

Wendy - Thanks girl! I got your vote recorded!

Monica - Got your vote recorded. It's sweet when you load your "gain load" the first night.

Jennifer - I sure enjoyed chatting with you yesterday, you are so crazy! ROFL - I think it's too much too hope for me making my LIW by tomorrow, but stranger things have happened that is for sure! Although my average right now is higher on two completed days then any of my other rounds, so who knows!

Renee - Thanks girlfriend!

Crystal - I honestly cannot believe what I did to my body during this last break, I swear, I am loving eating natural foods again. OMG! I know exactly what you are talking about. You are going to SAIL thru this girlfriend! WOO HOO - summer? Get ready for us!!!

Becca - I need to update about JPS! She didn't load on lemon bars, no, she was just the evil temptress who made them! ROFL - no, she loaded on Nutter Butters!!! LOL - She went a little nuts on those puppies! I will post a complete update on her tomorrow. We are in this for the duration. She is a bit shorter than me, so her goals are lower than mine, and we pretty much have hung around the same spread throughout the protocol, so I think we will be doing rounds together until we are done.
Take it easy folks!!!

Biz

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- you lost 1002 lbs. last night!!!Ha ha -- just being a brat! Brain fog is a classic low thyroid symptom, which goes hand-in-hand with adrenal fatigue -- I got both.

Hey -- I used to sing this when I went platinum blonde (fun!) --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rNfZxgkH7k

Just hum a few bars, it'll make you feel better :)

I also commonly credit "mommy brain" -- we all know you lose signifigant brain cells from being a mom!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, you fixed it.... !

maryg911 said...

Ahhh, doesn't it feel good though, that the fog is lifting. I completely agree about the sugar!! Look at you, on your way down and pretty swiftly, eh?

Crystal Lee said...

OMG You are not sold yet on the foot ion baths?! LOL Seriously it is something each person has to experience. I thought people were crazy that told me about it. But when I saw my mother, who has a horrible time walking due to lack of cartilage (sp?) in her knees, get up and walk around without severe pain...I was sold. So I did it several times myself and I always feel 100% better.

And OMG Lili!!! Please dont tell me that you lose more brain cells from Momminess! I so need to keep all I have and try to find more lying around somewhere. LOL :D

Ed & Jennifer said...

Biz...I have the secret to get you to your LIW by tomorrow so I can win! I tested it for you...aren't I nice?! Wanna lose 2 lbs...detailed instructions are on our blog today-LOL!

It was great chatting with YOU yesterday-we're both crazy! Thanks again for your help.

Great loss today you super fly chick! (Sorry just trying to be creative).

beachbrights said...

Great Job! This is going to be a super easy round, with fast weight loss for you....I can just know it!

How are you feeling?

Again, terrific job...almost to LIW and goal!

applebottomblues said...

2.2! Go Biz! Baby Bok Choy soup... sounds delish. Got a recipe for that?

I used to get brain fog ALL the time! Knowing me, it was caused by sugar. I haven't had it at all this past week.

applebottomblues said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

WooHoo you're on your way down aincha? AND I'm hoping for a BIG loss tonight for you so you'll make your LIW by tomorrow... And I will win! And you will win, because you lost! So it will be a win win, or would it be a win, lose, or a win, lose and win... oh whatever, just get rid of those 3 pounds!

Becca said...

Okay I have a question, whenever I see that thing that says "this comment was removed by the author" I get really curious about two things. One, what did it say that it needed to be removed? and two, does it mean the author of the comment or the author of the blog?

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online