Monday, January 28, 2008

Do You Dream About Your Weight? - 01.28.08 - D07P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 174.2
Today - 174.0
0.2 lb LOSS Overnight
1.4 lb UNDER LIW of Round Three (175.4)
10.4 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
76.8 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

An apple and a half a grapefruit. Lunch was Chicken - Fajita Style. Dinner was a Creole Chicken (Cajun Chicken and Tomatoes)

A total of around 447 calories divided this way: 3 Fat, 46 Carbs, 53 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Thanks goes to Mariel for answering the survey. Any others willing to approach this subject?

Foods on Phase 2 - Do Some Work Better Than Others?

It Was a Good Run!

I knew it had to slow down, a body can only do so much in just 6 completed days! Not gonna over analyze it, I am WAY more than half way to my goal and I am just gonna let the HCG perform it's magic.

The numbers don't lie:

Day 6 (Complete) - Round 4 = 5.64% Body Weight Loss
Day 6 (Complete) - Round 3 = 4.97% Body Weight Loss
Day 6 (Complete) - Round 2 = 3.54% Body Weight Loss
Day 6 (Complete) - Round 1 = 3.35% Body Weight Loss

Want to hear something interesting? On Rounds 1 and 2 on Day 7 I stalled. On my 3rd round that didn't happen, but I feel it's interesting to note that it did on my first two rounds! Is my body this consistent???

Do You Dream About Your Weight?

I just so happen to have been woken up this morning in the middle of a dream. My husband was looking for something and had to wake me up to find it. It was some medicine that he needed to be able to sleep the rest of the morning.

Since I am not one to remember my dreams very often, I forced myself to stay awake so that I could remember this one. It was a good one! It involved a scale. And yes, I loved the scale and the scale loved me.

I tell you where this came from. For the first time since starting this protocol, I have gotten into this weird habit of weighing myself at different times during the day, just to see what is going on. And so since it's becoming sort of a habit, I guess it has gotten into my subconscious mind and now I am dreaming about it.

My dream was about me stepping on the scale and it reading back 128 - now where did THAT come from??? I have NO dreams about being that small!!! I have my theories on where that came from, and it was YOU JENN! I remember talking to my sister yesterday on the phone and I was like, there is this girl that has a blog that is your height and she is like at 128 or so - that means you can get there too! I told my sister that this girl started at almost the same weight as she did, and that this was her third round (which my sister was about to embark on too) and that she has already gotten down to this weight after being around 140 to start. My sister was just thrilled!

So anyway, having this dream made me think about dreaming and sleep and such so I did a little research this morning and I found this article:

The Dream Diet - Losing Weight While You Sleep

Most interesting this article is! It has pretty much confirmed a lot of things that JPS have talked about extensively, that you need your sleep in order to lose weight. Some of the article spends time on sleep apnea, which is a different topic all together, but what I focused in on was the fact that these two hormones, "leptin and ghrelin" can be responsible for our ability to lose weight during the day.

Evidently, they are discovering that these two hormones are produced while we sleep, and these have the ability to control our appetite. They feel there is a relation to having a lack of sleep and obesity - if we don't allow these hormones to be produced while we sleep, then while we are awake our appetite soars and we start eating more things to help us 'get energy' and to stay awake.

Wow, what a vicious cycle this is eh?

Another article that was interesting in this regard was this:

If You're Planning to Lose Weight in the New Year, Experts Say "Think Sleep"

In this article, it's basically telling us sure everybody has a New Year's Resolution to lose weight, but they do nothing to help them sleep better which is a big factor in our ability to lose weight. But what I found most interesting is when it tells us that lack of sleep can contribute to lack of the "Growth Hormone" being produced which is needed for adults to regulate the proportion of fat and muscle.

Hmmmm

I didn't get GOOD sleep last night. Baby girl is sick and I spent the night with her and with all her coughing and sneezing keeping me up, and then hubby waking me up to find medicine, my sleep was interrupted all night. Hmmmm, could this be the reason for the small .2 loss?

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:

Mariel - What name do you go by on the discussion board??? I have two dressing in my sidebar that I use pretty much extensively. With the mustard dressing I have switched now to using Dijon and have enjoyed it MUCH more! Thanks for the nice words!

Mary - Thanks girl!!!

Ed and Jenn (Gotta add Ed in there now, knowing that he looks over your shoulder) - Added protein? Hmmm, I have had more than the amount allowed on several occasions with no harm done, but would I recommend it??? Not all the time, no. I get all my oriental stuff from the local Asian Market, I am sure there is one in almost every big city!

Monica - I think you have a plan, just make sure they don't throw any sauces on it and you should be just fine! Thanks girl, and LOOK AT YOUR PICS!!!

Becca - Thanks girl! Loving life at the moment!
Take it easy, Biz

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry about the sick baby girl and being up all night! Been there, done that.

I agree with you, sleep is so integral to all of our body functions -- and when you're lacking in it you also have less resolve, don't feel as strong, and are more likely to wrestle with the temptation of a cheat.

BTW, I'm starting P2 today.

applebottomblues said...

I totally agree & I sure do dream about losing weight. I had one just last week. I also feel sluggish when I don't get enough sleep. It stands to reason that ones metabolism would be sluggish at the same time.

I step on the scale throughout the day too, and isn't it interesting that you never lose weight while you're awake. Do you think that maybe everytime you woke up last night, your body stopped the losing process? Never really considered that, but it's interesting.

Unknown said...

Me too! If I don't have a good night's sleep (like last night), my weight loss is much smaller than normal. I'm sluggish all day, and things just don't seem to work as they should internally. On the other hand, with a good night's sleep, my body feels "in tune" and the weight loss accelerates. I wonder if there is a way to compensate for a bad night's sleep and get the processes running properly again...

Ed & Jennifer said...

LOL! Can I laugh any harder?! You know why this is all so funny to me in many ways right? See why I open your blog first...I just gotta know what's going on with Biz today! Remember when I dreamt about you drinking the Mt. Dew-I'd say were a "little" into this huh!

Oh, sorry about your sweetie being sick and your lack of sleep. I was totally expecting to see a 1 pounder today. Very good article, thanks as always for doing the research for all of us!

I never weigh myself during the day but I do look over at the scale every now and then and get tempted but I don't want to see an increase.

So thanks as always, what a great way to start our day!

Wendy said...

Sleep is a something that seems to be objective. I need ALOT of sleep (9 hours if I can get it). Hubby only need like 5. I do agree that if it is not GOOD sleep you feel jacked up all day! Very interesting concepts with the hormone release..

Have a great day, Missy!!

maryg911 said...

Don't sweat it Miz Biz, allow the inches to catch up. I've read those articles about sleep and sometimes I think that's my problem as well, with my hectic work schedule and all. But the HCG gives us so much energy that I find it hard to go to sleep early and I have to awake during the most critical time that those hormones are being produced. I do sleep less on HCG but much more restful. Just my 2 cents.

BohemianBlue said...

wow. The part on hormones being made while you sleep is very interesting. Also I'm gonna make an educated guess, that they're more likely produced during R.E.M. sleep, so not only does sleep count, but the quality of sleep as well. Thanx for sharing with us the info, that's something I'll definitely be looking more in.

Becca said...

Lots of good stuff in your post today. I think I'll go to sleep now......
No seriously I've been telling my DH that I want to go to be earlier recently and he thinks I'm crazy because I've always been the night owl and he would conk out before me. It's now reversed!
Hey hope the little one is better soon...
Oh I answered the FAQ today too.

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online