Saturday, January 26, 2008

Let's Learn About Cabbage - 01.26.08 - D05P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 177.4
Today - 175.8
1.6 lb LOSS Overnight
0.4 lb Over LIW of Round Three (175.4)
8.6 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
75.0 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

An apple and a half a grapefruit. Lunch was Ground Beef Patty with Red Cabbage Cole Slaw. Dinner was Baby Bok Choy Soup again.

A total of around 432 calories divided this way: 7 Fat, 47 Carbs, 56 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Ok! I have formatted and put up the FAQ on "TOM - Aunt Flo Issues"!!! Yeah! I actually accomplished something yesterday!

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Thank you Jeanne and Ann for helping me with the FAQ yesterday. Any others willing to approach this subject?

Foods on Phase 2 - Do Some Work Better Than Others?


HA! 1.6 Overnight! I am on my way! 8.6 of the 9 lbs above LIW gone in four completed days, gotta love my HCG! Only 0.4 more lbs until I am at LIW - when will that be??? Who is a part of my little contest from Wednesday?

Still In The Running:
  • Cathy - Day 6, which would be Sunday
  • Monica - Sunday
  • Page - Monday (But was late so not part of the prize package)
Oops, Didn't Happen
  • Jennifer - Friday - Sorry :(
  • Rosie - Friday - Sorry :(
  • Becca - Friday - Sorry :(
  • Martha - Saturday - Sorry :(
  • Mary - Saturday - Sorry :(
  • Wendy - Saturday - Sorry :(
Sorry Martha, Mary and Wendy - I feel like I let you gals down. But still it was a good loss yes??? It would have been SWEET to already be done with the above LIW numbers, but still, I don't think I am doing all that bad??? I am doing everything according to plan, not deviating yet (like some people out there 'wink wink').

Day 4 (Complete) - Round 4 = 4.66% Body Weight Loss
Day 4 (Complete) - Round 3 = 3.62% Body Weight Loss
Day 4 (Complete) - Round 2 = 3.17% Body Weight Loss
Day 4 (Complete) - Round 1 = 2.95% Body Weight Loss

Do you folks see a pattern here? OMG! Isn't that funny to look at??? Who would have thought? You all know how important I think these particular numbers are, and it's not letting me down!

I know how important it is to put it out there in the universe the things that we want. But have any of you been afraid of putting out there what we know might be TOO MUCH? Like we are getting greedy or something?

I have never been one to be greedy. Selfish yes, but greedy? I am one always content with what I have at the moment. Maybe I need to rethink this. Maybe this is why I was overweight all those years??? Hmmm...food for thought...



Before I get into this discussion, I want to thank all of you that saw what I saw yesterday. It's good to know that I am not the only one that feels this way. There was a time that I was very strict about the protocol, shoot, I still am - I still believe deep in my heart in order to maximize losses, you follow exactly as written.

But for those of us that are on this thing for multiple rounds ... If taking a day of eating broccoli or brussel sprouts is the difference between losing it all and going off the deep end, or taking a chance of slower losses for that day, then, well, you figure it out.

That being said...

The Cabbage Family

The cabbage or cruciferous family is a group of vegetables named for their cross-shaped flowers. These include the following:
  • Arugula
  • Beet greens
  • Bok choy
  • Broccoli
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Chinese cabbage (Napa)
  • Collard greens
  • Daikon
  • Garden cress
  • Horseradish
  • Kale
  • Kohlrabi
  • Mizuna
  • Mustard greens
  • Radishes
  • Rutabaga
  • Swiss chard
  • Tatsoi
  • Turnips
  • Turnip greens
  • Watercress
So, if we go into what we were talking about yesterday, then look at all the things that would be available to us should we decide to 'read between the lines' and use the entire cabbage family? I have highlighted what she allows per his "diet" menu (for Italian Patients).

Do you see what I see? Look at all the members of the cabbage family that is native to the Orient alone? Watercress, turnips, tatsoi, Napa, Bok Choy, and Daikon! WOW! Do you think he didn't include these because these were not native to his country??? I need to do an Excel sheet comparison to the nutritional make up of each and every one of these things. That is a project for another day.

Ok, so did you know this? That the cabbage family has been known to have properties that fight cancer??? They are nutrient dense and full of vitamins, and we are recommended to eat cabbage at least three times a week.

The cabbage family is an "antioxidant" and we all know how important this is to our health. In particular, the cabbage family have what they call "isothiocyanates" which is a phytochemical that combats carcinogens by neutralizing them and reducing their poisonous effect. In other words, it's even good for us to combat 'second hand smoke'.

The cabbage family vegetables also help reduce "homocysteine" levels (this is an amino acid in the blood stream - too much and your risk for coronary heart disease increases) so they reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.

So, who is eating cabbage with me today???



On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Lili - make sure you keep GOOD records, as this is all for experiment sake. I would think carrots would be a big no no, along with potatoes and tubulars in general. I know, when Marshall said green beans I about died! ROFL

Shelly - I miss my turnips as well. And I always thought that turnips and radishes were the same thing ya know? Kinda like Bok Choy and Napa Cabbage are the same to me. Maybe it's me just trying to justify, but it hasn't affected my losses. Or maybe it has, but I am happy with my losses so far! ROFL

Marshall - Thanks for chiming in Dude! HA! I never thought of green beans, and do you know that is one of my FAVORITE veggies??? Gosh, I love green beans. My mom uses to say my snack when I was real little would be green beans right out of the can in a bowl. I would sit and watch TV with them!

Wendy - HA! Isn't that funny??? Same wavelength, we have done that before! Are we cybersisters or something???

Jenn - I went into it a bit with JPS yesterday, and she was agreeing with me. Funny how we are both leaning towards the menu not being that important as we once believed, but ask her or I to do anything about it this round? Um NO - we want to stick to what we know works! ROFL - we are both planning a trip at the end of this round so we are like, why chance it???

Mary - Sorry Charlie...just didn't make it. The Dijon Dressing was the dressing I posted, but I used Dijon Mustard instead, it made it all the more sweeter! OMG! I was loving life that day! I do really love my salads, but it is so soup weather!

I have to dig out my notes. Lynne from the HCG2 board mentioned that the doctor she used on her first round with Releana mentioned that he worked with Dr Atkins at one time. He also mentioned that Dr Atkins and Dr Simeons spent time together in Switzerland many moons ago. She also said that Dr Atkins believed that his diet was a "Golden Shot" opportunity, that the first time you did it and did it right, you would have great success. He mentioned that he would not see a patient that had a relapse. Hmmmm....

Ewewho - I might try green beans this round, but I am not sure yet! Maybe if I get to goal quick, but you know I am planning a trip so I want to maximize losses, so I am a bit apprehensive at the moment! ROFL

Becca - see, this is the thing. We are all doing this "self doctoring" bit, we are doing our own research. That is why I love our little community, I can throw things out there and get 'case studies' as it were to see what works and what doesn't. How much better can that get???
Take it easy!

Biz

4 Comments:

maryg911 said...

You didn't let me down Miz Biz!! You still had a great loss!! I need to pick up some bok choy to make Thai soup because IT IS soup weather!!
Hmmm, that is very interesting about Dr. S. and Dr. A, no?

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hi Biz! Nice cabbage post today! I enjoy cabbage but Mr. Ed only likes it raw. I've been meaning to ask: when you make your Thai soup do you use all those ingredients? Do you make your own chicken broth, and what's Sambal Oelek?

Thanks for doing all the research for us Biz-I re-read your post all day long because there is always so much good info!

Ed has some really nice things to say about you and your pics...I'll leave it for you on the forum-love ya sista!

I almost ended without saying...great job on another great loss! I don't think it's fair I didn't win so don't hit you LIW tomorrow either and that way nobody wins! :)

applebottomblues said...

Great loss yesterday & just the right amount to keep me in the running! (Sorry other players)

Hey... funny you should mention cabbage. I'm cooking some up to have for lunch and dinner right now. Love that stuff.

Wendy said...

Ohhhh girly!! I want to change my vote!! he he (o:

Congrats on another great LOSS!! I am so proud of you!!

Cabbage, shambbage... I only like it if it is served with corned beef!! LOL

Have a great day.

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online