Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Diet Sabotage - 01.30.08 - D09P2R4

R4P2 Starting Weight 184.4
Yesterday - 172.6
Today - 171.6
1.0 lb LOSS Overnight
3.8 lb UNDER LIW of Round Three (175.4)
12.8 Lost Since Start of R4 (VLCD) 01/22/08
79.2 Total Lost Since Start of Protocol (VLCD) 06/26/07

Here is my menu for yesterday. This is what I had:

I pretty much followed the same pattern as yesterday, but not quite as much coffee and cream. An apple and a half a grapefruit. Lunch was Ground Beef Patty with Lettuce Salad / Mustard Dressing. Dinner was a Creole Catfish - Oh and I had coffee with half and half (1 tbsp). Before you all think that I am trying to mimic my day yesterday, I only did it because I have a TON of ground beef to use up, and the same with the Cat Fish!

A total of around 476 calories divided this way: 11 Fat, 50 Carbs, 46 Protein

GO HERE AND SIGN UP FOR UPCOMING HCG NEWSLETTER!!! It's coming honest! Just waiting on my partner to put the finishing touches on it!

Let's not forget the HCG BOOK CLUB - join in on the fun! If you haven't signed up for it yet, please do so now. eMail Address Form

Our FAQ Question this go round is the following, please spend some time if you can answering this survey:

Thanks goes to Katrina, Kat Lee, and Mary Lou for answering the survey! Any others willing to approach this subject?

Foods on Phase 2 - Do Some Work Better Than Others?

Where Did THAT Come From???

Seriously. This is day 9 for goodness sake. How can I still be having this kind of success this late in the game? Jenn asked me a question yesterday - She said "So does this round "feel" like R3?" - my answer to her was - "Believe it or not Jenn, this round is screwing with my mind big time. I am like in this perpetual weirdness phase right now, not believing it's real. Kinda like my first few weeks on Round 1 - waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's like, can this really be happening to me AGAIN???? There is no way on God's Green Earth that this can be as successful a FOURTH time??? I am in awe of myself, does that sound weird??? I don't mean it to, it's just surreal."

This morning I got on the scale, saying to myself, 171something, 171something, but in the back of my mind fully prepared to see a smaller loss, after all, this is DAY 9 - so seeing 171.6, a whole pound gone, was just too good to be true. This protocol is truly a blessing. You people out there need to thank whoever it is that you believe your higher power to be for giving this gift to you. It's truly a gift.

Are you treating it that way? Are you appreciating it as a GIFT? If not, then by all means, you need to wrap your head around what it means to get a gift of this magnitude and treat it as such.

For those keeping up with the numbers:

Day 8 (Complete) - Round 4 = 6.94% Body Weight Loss
Day 8 (Complete) - Round 3 = 5.80% Body Weight Loss
Day 8 (Complete) - Round 2 = 4.57% Body Weight Loss
Day 8 (Complete) - Round 1 = 4.55% Body Weight Loss

Diet Sabotage

We all know about "Self Sabotage" right? I have approached this subject in the past, but under the guise of "Fear of Success" - which is pretty much the same thing. I have always been one that tends not put the blame for my mistakes on other people because I am a free moral agent, able to make my own choices, so ultimately I am the one to blame for any issues.

Well by now you folks know how I operate. I see something happening in our little community and automatically it becomes fodder for my brain and I want to research it. So I saw some "Diet Sabotage" taking place, and of course, here goes the ole fingers and mouse looking for information on how to deal with it.

Come on, we all get "Diet Sabotage" from all angels. Whether it's from our family or friends that tell us "You look GOOD! You don't need to lose anymore" - to the more subtle husband bringing home flowers and chocolates, when he just KNOWS you are on a "Diet". Whatever the source is, we have to know how to deal with these SABOTEURS.

Most of the time, they have no idea they are doing the sabotaging, not consciously anyway. With the example of the husband bringing home flowers AND chocolate, I am sure it's more of a "well honey, you have done so well, here is something for you because you have worked so hard on this for so long".

But sometimes, the giving could have links to something deeper.

Please understand that the following can come from either a male or female point of view.

I found a very interesting article from the New York Times from back in 1993 and it's worth a read:

Diet Sabotage: The New Battle of the Sexes

Just for kicks, I sent this article to Lili - we all know that Lili is pretty much wise beyond her years, and I felt I needed her input on this one. She has this really unique way of getting to the meat of in issue and provide you with a straight, no holds barred way of looking at things. Lili does not have a pretentious bone in her body and so I value her opinion, and besides that, she is older than me! (HA! Only by less than a year!)

Anyhoo, very interesting reply she sent back to me. I have asked her permission to repost her reply here and she said GO FOR IT! Thanks Lili!

First she says this:

I think it brings up some valid points. My boyfriend complains that we haven't had dinner together since late last summer -- when I started Hcg at the end of august, did P2, then P3, then P2 again, then began to eat according to my appetite. Which ended up being eating my main meal at around 3:00 pm. He would get home and want to make a huge dinner, and I'd say "sorry. But I'll sit with you". He finally confronted me, saying it was really a big issue for him, that we did not sit down and eat dinner together at night. I explained my side, and said "we'll have to work out a compromise. I am not a huge dinner eater anymore -- and it's working for my weight. But perhaps I can have a salad, or sometimes eat dinner with you". I still have another round of P2 (or 2) left, and we agreed to address the issue again when I'm done, but it's interesting -- the article is right -- if the tables were turned, I'd adapt to his schedule. It'd be a no-brainer.
WOW - can you see how compromising your position can lead to going back into habits that got you fat in the first place? I have had to deal with this same issue in my home. My husband prefers to eat later, like around 7pm or 8pm - well that just doesn't work on the protocol, in fact, for life! I have told him time and time again that I have to eat no later than 6pm. If I eat any later, there isn't enough time between dinner and bed and that is not good for the body.

Then she goes further:
I am NOT willing to go back to nightly huge meals. I am willing to compromise. He's usually reasonable, so it will hopefully work out fine. But -if it's keeping my weight loss or keeping him -- well, girl, there's alot more fish out in that sea. Call me a *beeyatch* (I prefer "determined woman") but I've worked too hard to figure out my body and health to give it up for a man, even one that I love as much as I do him.
Now see there? Ultimately, we do have to make a stand, or we are putting ourselves in the same place we were when we were FAT - and do we want to be FAT again??? We have to let go of our old selves and embrace the new ones. We have found what is a miracle to get us to the weight we never dreamed we could be - don't give it away.

Oh but there is MORE!
Guys don't realize that we women just don't care that much about their bodies -- my guy has a little gut, is balding, and just so cute in his little red arty glasses and geeky bow ties! He should stand up straighter, exercise more, and I adore every inch of his 55-year-old body -- with all its imperfections.
Men are funny creatures sometimes. They are not as forthcoming as us women on their feelings and such and they tend to hide what it is they really want. So we feel compelled to try to mold ourselves to what we FEEL is what they want. Well, in regards to this protocol, and for the life of maintaining? We can't do that anymore. We need to make a stand. It's our bodies, and until we are comfortable in them, NO ONE else is gonna be comfortable either.

When MOMMA isn't happy? AIN'T NO ONE HAPPY!

There, nuff said.

Little update on JPS - she broke into the 140's yesterday!!! She is FLYING HIGH!

On to my commenter's - these are my responses to yesterday's comments:
Lili - Yeah, just going on it for 3 weeks and it answers all their questions! THANKS for yesterday, OMG - I LOVE YOU!!!

Wendy - Infomercial? OMG - NO!!! I don't want to be lumped in with KT!!! HA! Thanks girlie girl! You size 8 thing you! Does that just blow your mind???

Ed & Jenn - I learned a while back, when the student is ready the teacher will appear. Girl, you have got the world at your fingertips! Just keep doing what your doing with your blog. The more information on success we have out there, the more this will become widespread and then they will be BEGGING us for our information!

Monica - HA! I will take and post pics next Tuesday. I didn't feel right taking pics until I had at least 5 lbs under the last pics I took at my LIW! LOL - there will be a time when your people will have to stand up and take notice. Right now, just bask in the sunshine of the protocol!

Renee - HA! Isn't it amazing? All it takes is just a couple of days of eating normally and we are like, OMG, when can I go back to the protocol??? ROFL - we are such creatures aren't we???

Becca - HA! Oh yeah, sleep is the KEY! Girl! Get some rest!!! Lili and I were talking yesterday on the phone, she tells me that your 5'7", I think that is what she said? Is that true? I don't know why I thought you were shorter than that! HA!
Have a wonderful day! Biz

11 Comments:

smacmo said...

Biz, as usual, you are spot on in your post! Last night, my hunbby was affering me everything on the table at the mexican restaurant. I WAS DYING! He did it out of love and caring, but gheesh!

I think you might have a book in your future!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, biz, all I gotta say is "aw shucks.......".....!

OMG, JPS, I am SO jealous!!!

beachbrights said...

Great post. Luckly for me, those around me learned along time ago NOT TO SABOTAGE me. Unfortunatly, I do enough sabotaging on myself to make up for anyone else!

Loved the post! Thanks for being such a wealth of information....

XOXO-

Great losses, girl! I am so impressed!

maryg911 said...

Congrats, you'll be seeing a new decade very, very soon!!

Wendy said...

Wow! Maybe we are cybersisters!! he he (o: I am ALWAYS saying "When Momma ain't happy, no one happy"

I completely agree with your post today. Lili is right in trying to compromise. However, if he won't, move on sister!! Way to stick to your guns and reevaluate what is important and healthy for you!!

So many times in my life have I compromised me for my husband. Sometimes in not such healthy ways! And, again it is nice to see that you're not alone.

WHOOT!!! Congrats on your HUGE loss again, Biz!! Wow, you are almost to your goal this round!! Are you only doing 21 days?

Also, PLEASE tell Just Pure Serendipity that I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!!! Congrats on 140's!!!!! (o: I miss seeing her posts!!

LOVES.....

Ed & Jennifer said...

So all I have to do is share my life and you will do allll the research so we can get it figured out? NICE! LOL

Did I bring this "partner sabotaging" to a whole new level, or what?! Great article, I will need to read it several more times. I think the very last sentence sums it up: "partners need to develop a habit of empathy. The details will work themselves out."

All part of the journey right? I always say we have to go through all these different experiences so we can be relatable to all those who we will be sharing this with in the future.

Biz, you are a blessing in my life, thanks for being here every single day with all of us! lub ya!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Oh yeah...and don't forget this one-

"Happy Life, Happy Wife!"

Unknown said...

Biz- I have to tell you how much i look forward to reading your blog each day. Not only is it insightful, it is also uplifting and incredibly well-written. What a Pleasure! Thanks Again,
Girliegirl

applebottomblues said...

What an insightful post today. I'm always blown away when you focus on a topic. This one makes me really appreciate my hubby alot. He's been like my diet policeman. Anytime I mention to him that I want something that's not on the protocol, he reminds me of my goals & my successes so far and says "Wouldn't you like to see a loss tomorrow." If I could give everyone on this protocol a gift, it would be a super supportive person in their lives like I have in my husband.

Great loss today Biz!

Renee said...

Congrats on another great loss. Kudos!

Becca said...

Love the subject for today. And I'm really glad my DH isn't that kind of guy. He keeps his goodies out of sight and buys stuff I don't like. He misses going out to dinner but hasn't bugged me about it. And he will just make his own sandwich or open a can of soup if he doesn't want to eat my little diet food with me...

So awesome that you're still losing whole pounds overnight! I'm a little jealous. You might catch up with me yet. And yes I am 5'7". I'm a big girl. I originally was trying to get to 145 but revised my goal to 136 based on the weight charts, but I am also going to go by what my body tells me is right. I will pay attention to it when it talks to me!
Hey give big congrats to JPS for me too.

And I'm posting pics tonight!

© Blogger Templates | Make Money Online